Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Kirk (p67 - released by Crewe)

Comments

• Options
    Hoping having a blunt norvern type manager might give Tiberius a kick up the jacksie...  OR bin him.
    Yes, one or the other....no messing about.

But...if its get rid, then we might have to take a substantial loss. 
  • Options
    Unfortunately he’s getting the Darren Ambrose treatment. Our fans for whatever reason just don’t take to this kind of player. 

Imagine seeing Messi playing his walking football in SE7 around the pitch and you’d probably still see the cries of ‘shirker’.

Kirk will end up leaving, the majority of fans will say they’re pleased to see the back of him. And then he’ll go on to play hundreds of games elsewhere, get loads of goals and assists and be loved by fans at his new club in Surrey.
    I had to chuckle when I saw this because the way I feel about Kirk is exactly how I ended up feeling about Ambrose 😂
    The difference is that Ambrose was talented and gave up trying as his contract wound down and then signed for Palace and started trying again. 
    Kirk is just useless - end of 
  • Options
    Billy Mix is right. Put the effort in and that's more than half the battle. Thing is, I can't see Kirk suddenly doing this. I hope I'm wrong. 
  • Options
    For once, Mr Mix is 100% spot on
  • Options
    He was actively playing against us tonight, the offside and the pass from the throw in by the tunnel was absolutely criminal.
  • Options
    Clearly the best winger at the club (c) Mr R Moore...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    He was actively playing against us tonight, the offside and the pass from the throw in by the tunnel was absolutely criminal.
    Agree. We had a throw-in right at the end near on the Lincoln goal line. We could easily have seen time out there.

Instead someone decides to throw it to Kirk (why for Heaven sake?) who then passes it straight to a Lincoln player and they play out of the corner easily. And, of course, nearly score right at the end.

The guy is effing hopeless. Surely there must be someone we can move him onto?
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Didn't want to upset his new team mates. Signing for Lincoln on Monday?  :o

• Options
    A very poor sub appearance. At the moment, someone like Campbell, pacy and direct, would actually make a better sub replacement that Kirk if you just want fresh legs for the last 10 minutes.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
     Watch it again he went to make a run, Payne delayed the pass and then made it whilst Kirk was doubling back.

He also put in a good tackle and looked to be putting effort in.
    That happened right in front of me and as I remember it he was just standing still offside. Someone even shouted "You're offside!" Then he received the ball and got flagged. Very frustrating. If it was a one-off it would be nothing really but it seems to happen a lot with him
  • Options
    Got be quite dim to to be doing that at his age - regularly and in the position played all your life.
  • Options
    Pathetic excuse of a footballer 
  • Options
    Half decent when he can be bothered, sadly that's a rare occurrence 
  • Options
    So torn about him , you see flashes that he could finally click but I just don't know if it ever will. Would probably keep him around if DJ is heading out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's not for me. Wouldn't stand shoulder to shoulder with you in the trenches and was a bad signing. Not saying he couldn't do well elsewhere but Charlton doesn't look like his club to me. 
  • Options
    Is DJ actually a better fit for Charlton, than Kirk?

Has filled in pretty well at RB and doesn't seem to lack effort.

Fitness (the 90 min kind) does appear to be an issue and maybe thats the thing. 
  • Options
    His attempt to beat his man 1v1 in front of the tunnel was laughable. Passed it straight to his feet and then ran past him.

The offside was Payne's fault though. They're both shit and have had enough chances. Neither add anything to our play, get rid of the pair. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Is DJ actually a better fit for Charlton, than Kirk?

Has filled in pretty well at RB and doesn't seem to lack effort.

Fitness (the 90 min kind) does appear to be an issue and maybe thats the thing. 
    If the question is "DJ or Kirk to stay?", the DJ is my choice.

He can play in a 10 or either wing, but importantly at RB he has been reasonable emergency cover, but his injury record is against him.

He's put a fair bit of weight on since joining and losing some of that will help him rediscover his pace and mobility. He needs to avoid injuries whilst reaching for that.
  • Options
    He hasn’t pulled up any trees for us, but I didn’t think he was as terrible as some are making out when he came on today. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    He hasn’t pulled up any trees for us, but I didn’t think he was as terrible as some are making out when he came on today. 
     Nope. But people have agendas.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    No agenda from me. His body of work for a 500k signing with a 3 year deal simply isn't good enough.

Blackpool didn't want to keep him and we're hardly fighting offers off right now. 

I'd prefer to move him on and strengthen other areas. He has some decent ability for this division but his attitude, dedication, consistency, workrate and overall temperament isn't to my liking.

It's been 18 months now and four managers in a row at Charlton have failed to pick him regularly.

I prefer to think that many managers can't all be wrong, despite a mixture of deficiencies in their own management styles too.

• Options
    The best thing he did today was when we were chewing up time and they had a free kick and he back heeled the ball 30 yards away .
    he’s sneaky and snide so useful for the shit bits of the game

A show pony who has no show 
  • Options
    On the way out again. After seeing him, can't believe we paid half a mill. I know we were trying to sign him before TS was on board, so no blaming MS for this one!
    Our recruitment has been so bad for a while now...
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    On the way out again. After seeing him, can't believe we paid half a mill. I know we were trying to sign him before TS was on board, so no blaming MS for this one!
    Our recruitment has been so bad for a while now...
    Didn't we first try and sign him in Thomas's first winter window?  And ended up with DJ instead?