Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Kirk (p67 - released by Crewe)

Comments

• Options
    Not one Charlton highlight in there, even though he has scored for us... I mean that jinxing run and goal in the video highlights, where the hell has that version of him gone?

Never seen him try and take on a Full-Back like that for us

One Charlton highlight at the very end! But yeah that's besides the point, completely agreed. Such a shame it didn't work out.
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Winger? Was he really? He couldn't take on a man, didn't defend and the only thing he had in him was a cross and occasional goal.
    Did well to get 5 assists in his time when Stockley was the main striker.
  • Options
    A very very obvious and simple player. Shame not perm.
  • Options
    Never seemed particularly committed to the cause, which is pretty damning.
    The type of player I’ll forget even turned out for us in about two years time.
    How many of them have passed through the door in the last ten years or so!? Shocking 
  • Options
    He can play football but never settled here and if he was that good Blackpool would have taken up the option. We will struggle to get a fee for him. 
  • Options
    I'm assuming we will eventually sell Lavelle and Kirk on a BOGOF basis.
  • Options
    I wonder whether we will get a bonus payment if Burton stay up.
  • Options
    I'm assuming we will eventually sell Lavelle and Kirk on a BOGOF basis.
    Ardiles and Villa, Muhren and Thijssen, Tevez and Mascherano, Lavelle and Kirk
  • Options
    Scored the winner today 6 minutes into injury time!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scored the winner today 6 minutes into injury time!
    To lift then out of the relegation zone... after they'd just let in an equaliser on 90+4!
  • Options
    Burton stay up, and offer a decent transfer fee for kirk would be ideal
  • Options
    Hope he does well and gets some belief back.

Who knows if we'll ever see him in Charlton red again but he's been through a difficult 12-18 months in his life and deserves a spell of things going his way.

1000% agree with this , he deserves something to go right for him. Go and get a consistent run of games at Burton and see what happens in the summer. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    On the bench today.  Oshaja and MacGillvray both start for anyone that gives a fig 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    On the bench today.  Oshaja and MacGillvray both start for anyone that gives a fig 
    I think he was on the bench last week, came on and scored an injury time winner 
  • Options
    Came on after 11 minutes.
  • Options
    Is he off this window, do we reckon?

As I've said elsewhere, I do wonder if Holden's willing to hear out the case for Kirk, Number Ten. He's no JRS, but with Leaburn injured we're looking for forward options, and while you wouldn't call him a lethal finisher, it's possible he could play a fine support role PROVIDED THAT we have midfielders willing to run into the box (Fraser is, sort of, but we need more than that)
  • Options
    Leuth said:

As I've said elsewhere, I do wonder if Holden's willing to hear out the case for Kirk, Number Ten. He's no JRS, but with Leaburn injured we're looking for forward options, and while you wouldn't call him a lethal finisher, it's possible he could play a fine support role PROVIDED THAT we have midfielders willing to run into the box (Fraser is, sort of, but we need more than that)
    I don't really fancy the idea of Kirk and May in a two! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlie ‘why take one or two quick fire touches when you have the skill to take half a dozen at a time before getting nowhere’ Kirk?
  • Options
    I wont be surprised either - He looked heavily involved in last nights training video

Some nice one touches as well... But the formation isnt going to work, unless we play 4-3-3
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:

I don't really fancy the idea of Kirk and May in a two! 
    Kirk behind May and Leaburn or whoever's Leaburn's injury replacement, was my thinking. 4-3-3 as FA says (or I suppose 3-4-3)
  • Options
    Holden started off liking a 352 with Payne as the 10, Kirk could possibly fill in there but I reckon he isn't a Holden type player, not scrappy enough. Plus he wants to go by all accounts so we should probably let him
  • Options
    Like, here's what I'd say might be our best CURRENT team (with May):

May Leaburn/Kanu

Kirk

CBT Fraser Dobbo Egbo

Ness Hector Lloyd

Isted-Brewer
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    He only works wide left with an aggressive wing back to support him. He'll only work well in a 10 with one striker dropping deep and the other making a run behind to offer options, with willing runners from deeper midfield also helping out.

He's the very definition of a luxury player, and used well will be effective. But I don't fancy the thought of us building the way we play all around Charlie Kirk
  • Options
    He's not the first player we've bought who did not suit our style of play at the time. 
    Even the great Jimmy Seed admitted he made a bad mistake when buying Tommy Brown from Millwall for a then club record fee. 
    I think we'll soon find out if Holden thinks he can utilise Kirk's talents  because if not he will be gone.