Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 21/22

Comments

• Options
    What a block
  • Options
    What a block
    Last sort of person you'd want the ball dropping to
  • Options
    Two teams trying to win a football match with the talent in this game, makes a great spectacle.

A Desmond is enjoyable and all mate's at the end.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Would be great if Gomez can get himself back into the starting XI for Liverpool 

Trent AA, would always play Attacking RB for me but Joe Gomez alongside Van Dijk can be a great partnership again when they both get back to 100% match fit and Sharp.
  • Options
    And now we enter the dark, joyless, void of an international break.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Seriously, does anyone like these two week breaks? They're bloody miserable. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Chunes said:
    se9addick said:
    The only good thing about Wenger's 'world cup every 2 years proposal' is that he wants qualifiers to be condensed into one month. So qualifying itself will be like a mini tournament then it's done.

Having international breaks in September, October, November and then there's another in March is ridiculous. 

Certainly doesn't help teams outside the top flight who have 46 games to play, but 4 less weekends to play them.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    se9addick said:
    Or when you're a Charlton fan, a release.
  • Options
    Not now we're on a winning run .......ok it's only one game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Be a good scrap for the title this year, but still among the usual suspects
  • Options
    Be a good scrap for the title this year, but still among the usual suspects
    Although Chelsea haven't been in the hunt for five years. Even United aren't totally out of it. 
  • Options
    Seems that Newcastle's takeover is going to be allowed now

• Options
    Glad I'm not the only one who hates these international breaks.  Since I've got in to Fantasy football, the international breaks really drag!!
  • Options
    Steve Bruce will presumably be sacked as soon as the takeover happens
  • Options

Looks like the Newcastle takeover will happen.  These figures are mental 
  • Options

Especially when one considers that PL winning Leicester's owners, the Srivaddhanaprabha Family, net worth is 1% of Newcastle's new owners - and they are hardly paupers. The phrase "bottomless pockets" spring to mind
  • Options
    A guide to Sportswashing.
    101 handy hints and tips.
  • Options
    It will still be a fairly slow process for Newcastle. They’ll be able to spend big (inflated sales prices) and pay more in wages (higher demands) but they won’t immediately attract big players. They’ll be like those Russian teams when they had a bit of money. 
  • Options
    Doesn't change the fundamental problem which is they aren't in London or Manchester which are cities big players want to come too, yes they will spend big, but the top players will still end up at one of the top 4 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2021
    I am actually going geordieland next week, could be bit of a buzz now :) Going up Saturday lunchtime as my mate has to work until 12 then will get there ASAP, he has tickets in the spurs end and i will see if i can get any in the home end (maybe less likely now?), worst case end up in a bar and watch it like i have previous visits. I have been to a couple of games but usually like going for the night out and if i get a ticket its a bonus. 

We normally get there for 12 so have a day drinking, but still looking forward to the night out and fingers crossed with the traffic. 
  • Options
    It will still be a fairly slow process for Newcastle. They’ll be able to spend big (inflated sales prices) and pay more in wages (higher demands) but they won’t immediately attract big players. They’ll be like those Russian teams when they had a bit of money. 
    I can see them starting off a bit like Chelsea and City did, looking to sign the best players from mid-table bottom half PL teams for more money than they are worth, players like Nick Pope, Ismaila Sarr, Max Aarons etc,  plus layers from abroad who they can pay more than Italian, French clubs, then building their way up to bigger and bigger signings.
  • Options

I thought Inter Milan were skint and trying to sell players? Their owners also owned a Chinese team but they folded the club because they were in financial trouble.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Are RB Salzburg really the third richest club in the world?

Or is it more sensible to just call it the Red Bull Group as that surely includes RB Leipzig?

I know Man City are no different what with Mansour owning a good few clubs - But just surprised with Red Bull that its Salzburg listed instead of any of the others, unless they just happened to be the first Red Bull club
  • Options
    The first and most important question is what manager and coaching staff are they going to appoint. Signing the best players in the world will not win anything unless you have a world class manager and coaching team. Conte is the only manager who fits the bill and is not currently working that I can think of.
  • Options
    The first and most important question is what manager and coaching staff are they going to appoint. Signing the best players in the world will not win anything unless you have a world class manager and coaching team. Conte is the only manager who fits the bill and is not currently working that I can think of.
    Or they could go for a British "name" manager like Lampard or Gerrard

Eddie Howe is available, but is he famous enough?
  • Options
    Brentford. Wow.

I can’t remember the last time a team dominated a 20/25 minute spell as much as Brentford have at the end of that game, without scoring a goal.
    There were 5 minute periods in there where Brentford had 90% possession. Chelsea 11 men in the 18 yard box just defending cross after cross.
    Mendy made some cracking saves.

they deserved something from that game
  • Options
    Who'll go first, Solskjaer or Adkins?
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    So, Salah today or Salah against City, which was better?

today for me, utterly extraordinary goal
  • Options
    Last week for me, better opposition too to nudge it up a bit more.

Both brilliant though.