Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Recruitment process - Adkins explains challenges

1235»

Comments

• Options
    I think that's fanciful, management bullshit that Roddy states they'll identify players other clubs are unaware of.  We're 15 years behind Chelsea and Brentford - Brentford was holding a database of players with Andy Scott as a manager.

If you learn anything as an analyst, it's that you always have to be improving the model or combining/looking for different strategies.  Taking Brentford as a model, they analyse players and markets.  I've never seen it stated but they seem to identify a market, and then develop scouting in that market.  At one point it was Austria, then they moved to Denmark and provincial French L1&L2 teams when they had more money.  Analysis of stats can help you identify groupsets and missed value.  Not sure if it gives you market advantage, if Gallen isn't using it to assist his pretty good skills in player identification.

We seem to have failed this time in getting good premiership U23 players.  Whether that's because there were few that fitted our needs this season, they neglected Gallen's excellent skillset here, or the model was focused on senior pros remains to be seen.

I'm all for analysis, and stat modelling.  Just hope Gallen is driving it not Roddy.