Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Corey Blackett-Taylor - (p34 - signed for Derby on loan til the end of the season)

Comments

• I'm still seething about this, it's bad enough getting rid of Apples 6 games later than he should've got but whoever is responsible for agreeing that Cbt can play us should be shot.

If, as I suspect we lose both the Derby games it could make all the difference at the end of the season.

This for me sums up not only the sheer stupidity of this Board but also for putting money ahead of survival... £300k is nothing bearing in mind the compensation payment to Holden and Apples. The Board should have taken less and told Derby to feck off. 

They simply don't get it. 
    He didn’t want to be here, if you want to blame anyway it’s the old owners who didn’t renew his contract before going into the last year of a contract. Hopefully we invest that money in the next few days.
  • edited January 28
    Can we get Ryan Innis in on loan for a month, he'll sort him out for us with a few choice tackles...🙄
  • FWIW I'm someone who believes that although CBT provided us with some great moments at one end of the pitch he cost us an awful lot by not doing ANYTHING defensively or even attempting to close down, putting pressure on the middle of the park and the defence, costing us at the other end. This, unfortunately is unquantifiable statistically. I therefore don't think as a team we will miss him as much as some seem to think. 
    What I do think however is that reportedly he paid his own expenses when on trial, cost us nothing, made us some money in the loan/transfer department, and, as mentioned, gave us some excitement. For these reasons I really hope when he returns he gets a good reception from the valley faithful. You can't blame him for wanting to leave us for more money and a club with better prospects at present.
  • shirty5 said:
    I’ll bet he’s “relishing it”.

i don’t know what is more dumb; that Scott/Methven failed to negotiate a no-play clause for this one game; or that I am going to pay good money to watch this car-crash in person. 
  • He will probably go missing for 80 minutes then score 2 in added time.
  • 7/2 to score any time on Saturday 
  • I'd be relishing running at Watson and Jones too, especially when he beats them, looks up and sees a panicked AMB in goal, desperately squinting through his Zorro mask
  • If he's playing on the left wing then our defenders need to keep him there & make him cross with his left .....just dont let him cut inside onto his right. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope we kick him off the park, what he did was as bad as Taylor., Parker etc.
    Have i missed something? Did CBT refuse to play?
  • If he's playing on the left wing then our defenders need to keep him there & make him cross with his left .....just dont let him cut inside onto his right. 
    He has also got that little get to the by-line and dinked left footed ball towards the penalty spot down pretty well as well.

And considering it feels like most of our goals for the last couple of years have come from sideways balls into that area from the edge of the box - I'm not feeling confident. 

Good thing about playing 5 at the back is at least we can keep one wing-back deep and then try and overload that massive space CBT tends to leave through our midfield and probably May.
  • ChiAddick said:
    Hope we kick him off the park, what he did was as bad as Taylor., Parker etc.
    Probably more likely the club didn’t let him play otherwise what use would it be if he got injured and the left on a free…Charlie boy loves to spin the narrative 
    Ah so he gets 3 assists instead of 3 goals.

Got it
  • Hope we kick him off the park, what he did was as bad as Taylor., Parker etc.
    I don’t feel any bitterness at all. What’s the point. He did well for us while he was here, and made us more watchable. 
    Hope he has a stinker on Saturday of course. 
  • ChiAddick said:
    Hope we kick him off the park, what he did was as bad as Taylor., Parker etc.
    Probably more likely the club didn’t let him play otherwise what use would it be if he got injured and the left on a free…Charlie boy loves to spin the narrative 
    Exactly, while completely failing to spot the PR car crash that he would be due back here first game after the window closes,and persuading Derby not to play him.

Fun fact. Everyone in advertising thinks PR people are the biggest bunch of wankers in the communications sector. ( yes I’m aware that the general public think we are all the same wankers🤣) 
  • So is there not a league rules that a player who is on loan cannot  play against their parent club in a competitive game ? 

Seems a bit open to corruption otherwise. We have sent agent CBT in to score three own goals …….
  • Sponsored links:

• So is there not a league rules that a player who is on loan cannot  play against their parent club in a competitive game ? 

Seems a bit open to corruption otherwise. We have sent agent CBT in to score three own goals …….
    According to Richard Cawley the deal is “essentially” a transfer not a loan. I have no idea what he means by that but it stinks of clubs getting round regulations. 

Naturally we have bent over backwards to help Derby as much as possible including letting him play against us just two weeks after he has gone. 

Charlie Methven is “one of the top 10 PR people in the country”

According to Richard Cawley the deal is “essentially” a transfer not a loan. I have no idea what he means by that but it stinks of clubs getting round regulations. 

Naturally we have bent over backwards to help Derby as much as possible including letting him play against us just two weeks after he has gone. 

If we still hold his player registration he’s our player isn’t he - which makes it a loan. 

Can’t believe we have done this - screams of incompetence 

If we still hold his player registration he’s our player isn’t he - which makes it a loan. 

I’ve sent him a DM via Linked In. Who knows whether I wiĺ get a reply…
  • edited January 31
    From what I understand from the Derby end essentially they have an approved budget from the EFL regarding how much they can spend on transfer fees and a separate budget for loans. They couldn't sign CBT on a permanent without selling either Eiran Cashin or Max Bird so they've signed CBT on loan with a large fee and then that just gets made permanent in the summer. 

I’ve sent him a DM via Linked In. Who knows whether I wiĺ get a reply…
    Think this is the regulation 

During the period of any Temporary Loan Transfer, a Player shall not play against his Transferor Club without the prior written permission of the Transferor Club (which, if given, must be indicated on the appropriate Temporary Loan Transfer form).

So if he is playing we have given our permission for it to happen. 
  • As I recall something similar happened before with Luke Varney. By coincidence the club involved was also Derby county.Varney came back to The Valley, playing against us whilst on loan in a deal that would become permanent in the January.  I think he may have assisted a goal. Derby won of course.

We were in a real mess at the time on and off the field and I remember feeling it was a real kick in the bollocks for the fans for the sake of a few extra quid. We got relegated later that season....
  • edited February 1
    I find it really strange that he would want to play against us so soon after leaving us. Surely he could have pushed for the clause.
  • It's a strange situation and a PR own goal by the decision makers if he now plays an important role on Saturday beating us. 

All for a few more pennies I would assume. 

A needless situation that will create a toxic atmosphere in The Valley if he rips our defence apart. 
  • Will he get booo’d - yes
    will he score- no
    will he assist - maybe
    will he get subbed -yes if he starts 
    are we shit - yes