Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Corey Blackett-Taylor - (p34 - signed for Derby on loan til the end of the season)

Comments

• Options
    Think Curbs will miss Corey Blackett. Have we got a double barrel replacement ready?
  • Options
    REG
  • Options
    3 things I wouldn't be surprised by since its us;

1) since it's a loan and it's us, I wonder what % of his wages we are still paying 
    2) despite the fact that nobody in their right mind would loan a player in the same league and allow them to play against the parent club he will DEFINITELY be allowed to play us twice.
    3) I bet since it's a loan til the end of the season and his contract is til - what? July? I bet he comes back to us for the last 2 months for his holidays/ to pick up the last of his contract before he leaves for Derby permanently

/Cynic mode off\

The worst thing is I am only half joking about all of this.
    The worst is he gets injured in his first game for Derby and is sent back to us until end of contract.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Does anyone know how to change your name on here?
    No chance mate it’ll have to be a reincarnation how about GetYerApplesOut 😉
    Or GetYerTitsOut
  • Options
    If I were Pompey  Bolton or Peterborough I'd be questioning the EFL over this, especially if he plays against us & scores the winner. Its tight at the top & those 6 points could be the difference between autos & play offs.

Looks like Andy Scott did have Southall's super dupa phone after all.  
  • Options
    Well I'll tell you one thing, gentlemans handshake agreements are right out of the fucking window. 

Bloke looked me right in my eye and said he wanted to stay. 

This is why I have trust issues. 
    I shook Parker’s hand in the club shop, and thanked him for signing his new contract, that really ended well!
  • Options
    If I were Pompey  Bolton or Peterborough I'd be questioning the EFL over this, especially if he plays against us & scores the winner. Its tight at the top & those 6 points could be the difference between autos & play offs.

Looks like Andy Scott did have Southall's super dupa phone after all.  
    I think this is worth following up - although we probably need to make sure we understand what the rules actually say first. I do think Rich Cawley's phrase (and I am not knocking him for using it) "essentially a transfer" makes it sound very murky. I am gobsmacked that the club has been so stupid as to set up a situation where at the lowest point of fan morale they have set up a situation where we now are forced to watch CBT tearing us to shreds.The away game may be something we have to stomach but honestly, how difficult would it have been to negotiate that he doesn't play at the Valley? One bloody game for Deby to pass up, and apparetnly we went through hoops to help them manage their dodgy compliance with FFP. 
    Ah for the days of Derek Hales. He would have got his arse kicked all round the pitch. My view on him has always been the same. We won’t get promoted out of this league until players like him are the worst in the team and not among the best. Good riddance. Let’s hope they don’t go up and he can watch us win the league next season when a 98th minute penalty against Millwall seals the title and the fans in the ‘Appleton Stand’ go wild with Joy. 

• Options
    I don't honestly think he is good enough for the championship. Get what we can for him and move on . He can't cross a ball and is inconsistent.  Better players out there .
    COYR 

Shame we don't have the better players out there then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 23
    You see, there's the straight road and then there's the convoluted sure to come back to bite us on the arse Charlton road.  I have always thought we were a special club, but for a while now I have realised we are just "special".
  • Options
    Think Curbs will miss Corey Blackett. Have we got a double barrel replacement ready?
    He can always fall back on Bakinsale. 
  • Options
    I don't honestly think he is good enough for the championship. Get what we can for him and move on . He can't cross a ball and is inconsistent.  Better players out there .
    COYR 

Are you RonnieMoore in disguise? 

Can't cross a ball yet crossed the ball for the very first goal we scored this season in the league, and then continued to cross the ball and assist players all season. 

Have a watch of the montage he put up on his socials, then come back to me and say he couldn't cross the ball in his time here.

🤡
  • Options
    So the loan runs out, what happens then? Is he a free agent again? 
  • Options
    Loaned .. I trust that Derby are paying ALL of his wages .. he's gone there basically on trial, if he's 'rejected' I don't want him back, if he can't stand by us when we are in trouble, he's no good for us full stop
  • Options
    So the loan runs out, what happens then? Is he a free agent again? 
    No, he's already signed a pre-contract with Derby
  • Options
    COYR 

He could surprise some of you - at times he could get more space in the Championship with teams pressing high up the pitch and Derby (if they get there) sitting back.

Remember how BWP struggled in the Championship but Danny Haynes with his pace was very effective?

He’s also improved in the time he’s been here, if he keeps that up he’s got the potential to be a Championship player. How many thought Pope and Konsa would get called up for England? Or a more comparable player, Alfie Doughty do well in the PL?
  • Options
    Well I'll tell you one thing, gentlemans handshake agreements are right out of the fucking window. 

Bloke looked me right in my eye and said he wanted to stay. 

This is why I have trust issues. 
    I think very few players would say to a fan that they wanted to leave.
    I know, was only kidding.

I didn't believe for a second he was going to stay and all he ever said to me was that he wanted to, but it's up to Charlton for a fair deal. His comments striked me a bit like 'if this fkn lunatic is going to keep waiting after games I am going to have to tell him what he wants to hear'. 

I found Dobson far more believable when he said he wanted to stay so I'm holding on to that a bit more 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sad to see him go, especially to what should be a rival. 

Hopefully the fee has not already been spent on those signed recently so we can look forward to a decent replacement to continue to strengthen our squad. 
  • Options
    I always thought it was automatic that a loan player could not play against their parent club. 

Bad enough losing my nephews favourite player, hopefully he is not forced to watch CBT embarrass Watson at The Valley in just over a week due to our negotiating being too friendly to Derby. 
  • Options
    Let be frank, He ain't as good as some make out. Would he have got in the starting eleven ahead of the likes of Doughty, Holmes, Gudmonsson, Fosu even Millar. Would he bollocks. He did ok, had a few fantastic performances, but went missing just as much. We move on, I personally am not disappointed at all, I'm more pissed off that Appleton is still in charge.
  • Options
    Cracking player and will be sorely missed. But there was absolute no way to keep him. £300k is better than a sulking player that didn't want to be here.
  • Options
    Can imagine Derby either paid extra to get us to give permission / made it into a deal-breaker. Strange from us to agree with 19 games left and we have to play them twice.

Premier League/ FA Cup rules, a loan player can't play against their parent club.

EFL / League Cup rules state that they can provided permission is granted by the parent club.

EFL Rule 55.8
    During the period of any Temporary Loan Transfer, a Player shall not play against his Transferor Club without the prior written permission of the Transferor Club (which, if given, must be indicated on the appropriate Temporary Loan Transfer form).
  • Options
    edited January 23
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Let be frank, He ain't as good as some make out. Would he have got in the starting eleven ahead of the likes of Doughty, Holmes, Gudmonsson, Fosu even Millar. Would he bollocks. He did ok, had a few fantastic performances, but went missing just as much. We move on, I personally am not disappointed at all, I'm more pissed off that Appleton is still in charge.

You are going to die on this CBT hill, CAFCDAZ and no one is going to change your mind. 
    Those players are the past and we deal with the here and now. Fosu could be magic or tragic. Millar was very raw and Holmes I loved but his form fell away when he knew he was going to get him first and last decent contract of his career at Sheffield United. JBG had no pace but has had a good career at cafc and since going to Burnley as an inverted winger and hard worker. Polar opposite type to Corey who is more of an Antonio type of forward. Strong and direct but a lower level so far but Derby may be the making of him with better players around him.

Let's hope Corey Blackett-Taylor goes missing in the two games against Charlton coming up as we needs the points to get to the giddy heights of mid table or not sink to the abyss.
    CBT and Alfie May are the main reasons we aren't in the bottom 4. 

I don't blame him for wanting to go but still gutted he didn't get to play with the new cafc players in the January window.
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Another 🤡
  • Options
    It's madness on the part of Derby. Pointless signing for them: they don't even take part in the Boat Race.  

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/4440569#Comment_4440569
  • Options
    Surprised nobody else came in for him with a proper transfer offer not this stupid loan situation. He's such a good player and all wonder why nobody else came in with an uncomplicated few hundred k offer.