Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Corey Blackett-Taylor - (p34 - signed for Derby on loan til the end of the season)

Comments

• Options
    Why do people say that he and May can’t play together. If May was in the middle and CBT on the wing, where’s the problem?
    I think because May has shown he isn't a lone striker

And ideally we want him up front with a partner, in which case CBT can't be on the wing, because 442 isn't realistic 
  • Options
    I wonder if the fee might be increased if the Rams get promoted and whether we have a sell on 

Personally as with Fraser I can see that our style has evolved and reluctantly I accept both need to move on.
  • Options
    edited January 20
    se9addick said:
    I suppose ultimately I feel pissed off him going, no loyalty and all that jazz!

But as so many others have said he was so inconsistent and I guess we need players who can show up, week in week out. Mind, we ain’t got many of those either at the moment.
    Do the players we signed yesterday have no loyalty too?
    It’s not a criticism more a reflection and some sadness that he’s leaving.

I guess the players we’re signing are joining for a variety of reasons, game time, want to move back to their roots, etc etc.

Equally CBT was playing regularly, will he get that at Derby?

Don't look for things that aren’t there or make assumptions on my meaning.
  • Options
    edited January 20
    cafc999 said:
    CBT made it clear that he would not renew his contract as he wanted to be nearer home. Letting him go now for a fee is the right thing to do IMHO.

Good luck, just not against us
    I've seen that said here, but never from an actual source. 

If for example Southampton had wanted him and offered him £25k a week, would he really have turned it down because he wanted to return to the midlands? He's not a 34 year old, joining his final club like Watson when he joined us or McGoldrick when he returned home to Notts County.
    But Southampton, nor anyone else have offered that and it's a completely different example to the one that's happening.

It's common knowledge around the club that he isn't going to renew and wants to be nearer home. 
  • Options
    The undisclosed nature of fees means we don’t know to what extent there is a net investment post transfers out. 

Regardless we need a rebuild. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    If we have got 600k for him then it’s a good deal for both parties. I don’t blame the lad and he has given us some high points but onwards and upwards etc etc
    Can’t imagine it’ll be anywhere near that much.
  • Options
    Steven81 said:
    That's it to call our second best player in goal and assist contributions inconsistent what does it say about the other players, he is a big loss and we need to find some creativity to replace him.
    He's not that great BUT, he absolutely shines in a team filled to the brim with such average players who consistently perform at such a low level. As Harry Rednap was once quoted, even his Mrs could put away the chances his platers were missing.

CBT is a disappointment from perspective of the player he could be, but he's the only player in our squad that can beat a man. Who can or will do that now? 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:
    CBT made it clear that he would not renew his contract as he wanted to be nearer home. Letting him go now for a fee is the right thing to do IMHO.

Good luck, just not against us
    I've seen that said here, but never from an actual source. 

If for example Southampton had wanted him and offered him £25k a week, would he really have turned it down because he wanted to return to the midlands? He's not a 34 year old, joining his final club like Watson when he joined us or McGoldrick when he returned home to Notts County.
    But Southampton, nor anyone else have offered that and it's a completely different example to the one that's happening.

It's common knowledge around the club that he isn't going to renew and wants to be nearer home. 
    I still don't buy that though. It's a convenient story, but Cory when "tapped up" by Derby would have seen them as a bigger club with a better team, and paying more. A good move wherever they were.

The midlands location is a bonus, but I'm sceptical it's that important a factor. I doubt he would have chosen say Burton over Portsmouth for example.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thenewbie said:
    This is a loss for CAFC. 
    I’ve seen L1 defenders unable to cope with him on occasions, and clearly he is Championship standard. 

A club with substantial backers wouldn’t be tempted by 600k (or whatever), for a player that could get us out of L1 and keep us in the Championship. 

Interesting to see what happens with Dobbo now. 
    You absolutely would if the alternative was that same player walking away in three months for absolutely nothing.

If we were actively pushing him out of the door and trying to sell him, it would be different. But by all accounts he's made it clear he wants to go. Maximising the profit is all we 

Money talks and bull**** walks. 
    If we wanted him - he would stay. 
    Mullen dropped into non league a while back for some reason 😀
  • Options
    Should keep him until the summer. £300k will pale into insignificance if we get relegated this season, which could happen without him.

• Options
    A nice bloke, all the best Cory, don’t blame you for going, let’s hope the players coming in, do even better.

Looking at that list…

Not one player who has got an assist this season played today.

No wonder we didn’t score!
  • Options
    Yep and we kinda replaced rak sakyi's contributions with CBT this year a good team has more options we should have got another top winger In aswell everything's too predictable.
  • Options
    Hope we haven’t shot ourself in the foot by letting him go.
  • Options
    Please stay CBT :-(
  • Options
    Last two games without him have shown just how much we have relied on him.

As the divine poet Joni wrote

"Don't it always seem to go,
    That you don't know what you got till it's gone"
    As I stood shivering in the cold yesterday it was blindingly obvious we missed his direct style yesterday.
  • Options
    We’ll really miss him, no question. 
    300k sounds cheap to me. I hope we have a good sell-on, just in case. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Or the other side

if their keeper didn't make 3 good saves and we scored 2 of them, if Kanu had scored instead is smashing the bar, we would have won. Would we have missed him then?

fine margins
  • Options

Or the other side

if their keeper didn't make 3 good saves and we scored 2 of them, if Kanu had scored instead is smashing the bar, we would have won. Would we have missed him then?

fine margins
    They aren’t that bloody fine if we’re missing alk our opportunities! 

Ultimately you can speculate on hypothetical alternative realities, but in actual reality we are team struggling to win matches and a player who has contributed a significant number of goals & assists is looking likely to leave. 
  • Options
    Bet he cant wait to play against Watson next month,man vs boy
  • Options
    Scoham said:

It was obvious we’d miss him but some have a strange relationship with wingers and focus on what they don’t offer. He’s still being called inconsistent, a poor decision maker etc after 15+ goals and assists in half a season.
    Very true, some would moan if we had Beckham and Ronaldo in their prime, that they didn’t track back enough!
  • Options
    My boy has already moved on to Alfie being his favourite 
  • Options
    Moved to Derby. Loan to the end of the season before a permanent move after his contract ends. Weird deal 
  • Options
    Does a loan mean he can’t play against us? 
  • Options
    Presumably Derby refused to pay what we wanted, so CBT refused to ply for us again this season unless we accepted a deal (meaning he would leave for free in summer) 

looks as if we’ve taken the best figure we can get without losing him for nothing and an attitude stinking out the plac