Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Corey Blackett-Taylor - (p34 - signed for Derby on loan til the end of the season)

Comments

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Can't begrudge him the move back to the Midlands, definitely an upgrade for Derby over Barkhuizen and Mendez-Lang. Guess Derby are mainly funding it off selling Jason Knight in the summer to Bristol City and wouldn't be surprised if they lost Eiran Cashin in this window. 

CBT has come on leaps and bounds this season in terms of being a consistent final third threat , but it sounds like we've got a good fee out of it. 
    Always rated Mendez-Lang as one of the best attacking players outside the prem, unplayable every time. You have an opposite view @MarcusH26? Am seriously concerned if i've missed something about him?
    Yeah I'd have CBT, Mendez-Lang, and Mason-Clark as the best wingers in the league this year. The idea of him and CBT in the same side must be terrifying for defenses.

Also, key to being a quality winger is obviously a double barrel surname 
  • Options
    Really sorry to see him go so exciting to watch and has improved end product this year. Can understand him wanting to move nearer home to a team with a real chance of promotion 

Was out of contract at end of the season so makes sense to collect a reasonable fee now 

Good luck Corey and thanks for the memories 
  • Options
    CBT was brilliant this year. so was JRS back end of last year. We survived without JRS and we will without CBT too, and at least we got some money and a sell on fee this time. 

Best of luck to him
  • Options
    edited January 19
    Strange that nothing has been announced yet. If he hasn't actually signed yet for Derby, I assume he will be "injured" again tomorrow...
  • Options
    edited January 19
    MarcusH26 said:
    Can't begrudge him the move back to the Midlands, definitely an upgrade for Derby over Barkhuizen and Mendez-Lang. Guess Derby are mainly funding it off selling Jason Knight in the summer to Bristol City and wouldn't be surprised if they lost Eiran Cashin in this window. 

CBT has come on leaps and bounds this season in terms of being a consistent final third threat , but it sounds like we've got a good fee out of it. 
    Possibly he's gone a long way towards today's flurry of activity.

I'd rather have kept him and increased the squad. 

Derby MOTM Corey Blackett-Taylor.
  • Options
    edited January 19
    Funny how things work out. If we had signed a mobile target man No 9 in the summer instead of May, then 433/4231 would still be the ideal systems and we'd either be desperate to keep Cory, or looking for a direct replacement.

Instead we signed a brilliant goalscorer who prefers playing in a 2, making fitting Cory and May in the same side difficult.

Cory has been excellent for us, but not such a loss if we're shifting systems.
    Two wingers, two forwards, one big one small.
    It worked in the 80's(the good old days) when I was brought up watching football.

Oh yes, you stuck to contracts and allowed time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Today we have sold arguably our best fit player (leaaburn is our best player)  with May somewhere around that also. 

We have sent a signal to League one defences ~ Charlton have no supplier to their front man any longer. 

The board and noone else is to blame for this ridiculous decision. 

League 2 is a real prospect for this club. I haven't felt so deflated since Parker going. 
    Ha ha.
    I wonder if CBT's injury (that developed last Friday) will quickly improve so he can play his first game for Derby?
    Fee mooted to be £350K-£400K, which if true is good business for someone out of contract in the summer, wants to return home to the midlands and possibility that he refused to play last week. 
    All valid points. But say goodbye to all the assists and supply to the front 'line'.

Two words sum up the post-curbishley era to date " managing decline". I pity those who will sit through the second half of this season. It is about to go from managing decline to ensuring decline. 
    You seem to be utterly unaware of all our signings in this window.
  • Options
    He was never going to sign a new deal with us, so it’s lose him in three months for nothing or get something in to offset our acquisition of players who actually want to be here. Based on that choice, as much as I’ve really loved watching CBT most of this season, we have to sell him this window. 
  • Options
    My little girl cried all the way to school this morning when she found out there was a chance CBT may leave. Hate to think of her reaction when she finds out he has.
  • Options
    My little girl cried all the way to school this morning when she found out there was a chance CBT may leave. Hate to think of her reaction when she finds out he has.
    Awww. Where’s the hug emoji when I need it? 🤗 
  • Options
    edited January 20
    I think Derby will use Corey Blackett-Taylor on the left or Right flank depending on who they feel is the weakest full back. Against Cafc it could be carnage which ever side he plays on.
    I'm surprised we didn't do that more especially when he was having quiet moments or being double marked on one side of the field. CBT is unique as he is two footed and goes past full backs with ease at times.
    If I was a Championship side I said I would have him in my 18 and start him on occasions but would manage his minutes and use him off the bench also to run against tiring defenders in the business end of matches.

I would be amazed if Derby go much over 350k as the season is over in just 4 months but Derby could well be in the play offs so it could be money we'll spent now rather than waiting and getting him on a free. 

We offered CBT an improved contract but if he's doing a Scott Parker then we thank him take the money and move on but personally I think he will be missed as his stats speak for themselves in a mediocre side. 

We are having a decent window and we could 🤞end up with a better balanced side but anyone who thinks we have a chance of the Play offs this season is seriously deluded but a stepping stone and good form over the coming months will augur well for next season and also will be clearer on Michael Appleton's future.
  • Options
    REG will have him in his back pocket 👍
  • Options
    Have I missed something? He hasn’t been officially announced as having signed for Derby yet, has he? As we’ve seen this window deals can be on and off again at the flip of a switch so he hasn’t definitely gone yet. 
  • Options
    Have I missed something? He hasn’t been officially announced as having signed for Derby yet, has he? As we’ve seen this window deals can be on and off again at the flip of a switch so he hasn’t definitely gone yet. 
    Here’s a picture of him wearing a Derby shirt posted by (presumably) his agent.

• Options
    edited January 20
    Here’s a picture of him wearing a Derby shirt posted by (presumably) his agent.

Fair enough, although that’s still not an official announcement. Stranger things have happened in football. Not that I’m expecting that to be the case. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 20
    Jayajosh said:
    I’ll be sorry to see him go, can be inconsistent, great to watch when he’s having a good game and frustrating when he’s having a bad one. Appleton clearly lied when he said he was injured last week and I’ve lost all trust in our manager. Lying seems to be acceptable these days.
    I think you may have to accept the harsh realities of life, or to put it another way "Grow Up!" I don't think the truth plays any part in football, it seems to work along the lines of what you can get away with.
  • Options
    Rumours knocking about he's been refusing to play in order to get the move. 

If true, he's a scumbag. 
    If not, it's a real shame to lose him
  • Options
    great on his day and in a ideal world we would keep him as an option but tbh i'm glad he's going so we can change the way we set up and play  
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Rumours knocking about he's been refusing to play in order to get the move. 

If true, he's a scumbag. 
    If not, it's a real shame to lose him
    I'm not a fan of CBT, great on his day but he contributes to our weakness at the back by not tracking the runner. That said, it was no secret he was going in this window and the club knew they could sell him on. In fairness to CBT, he cannot be accused of not of not putting a shift in over the past few months, he continued to score and assist, to my eyes he looked happy doing either, so good luck to him, hope it works out. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    CBT isn't creative at all though. He has literally two moves. They're good moves, but byeline and left-foot dink or cut in and shoot is everything he knows. And if you know he's going to do one or the other as a defence, you can organise for it. You know that if he gets the ball, he isn't going to try any sort of early cross or through-ball or skill move.

I'm not saying he isn't one of our most effective players with the ability to make goals happen, but his effectiveness has been well down recently and there have been some downright appalling, weak performances from him. He also doesn't contribute much to team play. I'd rather a midfield where the goals and creativity are spread around than pass to CBT and inshallah
    That's like saying all Beckham had was his right foot. 
    That was Hopalong Cassidy. 
  • Options
    Today we have sold arguably our best fit player (leaaburn is our best player)  with May somewhere around that also. 

We have sent a signal to League one defences ~ Charlton have no supplier to their front man any longer. 

The board and noone else is to blame for this ridiculous decision. 

League 2 is a real prospect for this club. I haven't felt so deflated since Parker going. 

Wingers crossing is only one of many and varied ways of creating goals. 
  • Options

Bless her.
    Hopefully she will see a better balanced side with new enthusiastic players and her tears will be of joy not sadness. 🤞