Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Corey Blackett-Taylor - (p34 - signed for Derby on loan til the end of the season)

Comments

• Options
    meldrew66 said:
    I'm hearing that he's heading off to Plymouth

• Options
    meldrew66 said:
    managerless??????
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    managerless??????
    Didn’t stop us bringing in 4 new players back in August 
  • Options
    Off to Derby 
  • Options
    Played like he didn't want to get injured ahead of a move away
  • Options
    Happy if we cash in now and get something for him. We need to sort out our defence and we're in this league next season. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Leuth said:
    I will mitigate: CBT can go long, long stretches of a game looking frankly useless, not contributing defensively or to general play, and at these times you do start to wonder. Then one of two things happens. Either he goes and gets us a goal, which is something he can do, unlike most of the squad, and hooray. Or he doesn't, and he's been the worst player on the pitch. 

That the former is now starting to happen with some regularity is offsetting the latter to the point where it doesn't matter much, but it is important to state that CBT is probably the most feast-or-famine player we've had at Charlton in ages. Like, even more than JRS, who really did get involved even when it wasn't going his way.
    CBT is never really the worst player on the pitch. The worst that happens is that he struggles to get into the game, either because he’s double marked or because other players aren’t able to find the right pass. When it’s very tight he’ll often pass backwards  or sideways. He rarely loses the ball. 
    You know, Leuthy, sometimes I think you exaggerate for effect ;-)
    What was he today then?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Leuth said:
    I will mitigate: CBT can go long, long stretches of a game looking frankly useless, not contributing defensively or to general play, and at these times you do start to wonder. Then one of two things happens. Either he goes and gets us a goal, which is something he can do, unlike most of the squad, and hooray. Or he doesn't, and he's been the worst player on the pitch. 

That the former is now starting to happen with some regularity is offsetting the latter to the point where it doesn't matter much, but it is important to state that CBT is probably the most feast-or-famine player we've had at Charlton in ages. Like, even more than JRS, who really did get involved even when it wasn't going his way.
    CBT is never really the worst player on the pitch. The worst that happens is that he struggles to get into the game, either because he’s double marked or because other players aren’t able to find the right pass. When it’s very tight he’ll often pass backwards  or sideways. He rarely loses the ball. 
    What was he today then?
    Better than Scrawny Scott, that's for sure
  • Options
    Take the money and run today was a prime example for me, virtually non existent and the odd chances he had he made the wrong decisions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be fair today, the main problem with *insert any winger we’ve had in the last 15 years* today wasn't his attitude, it was his decision making. So often he took the wrong option.

• Options
    One of his worst games today, more or less had an open goal and didn't know what to do, poor decision making in the 4v1, should have passed a lot sooner and kept running himself. Also thought he didn't offer much in terms of chances. 

Very frustrating player when games like that happen. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Leuth said:

What was he today then?
    Not the worst player on the pitch Leuthy. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Where is the Scott Fraser thread where we can talk about how anonymous he is every week?

Why is it one of our top 3 players in the squad gets this treatment each week unless he has a perfect game?
    It’s very odd. I can only imagine that, as it’s inevitable CBT is leaving (I would if I was him), some of our fans are telling themselves that he’s not all that to soften the blow. 

Let’s have it right, CBT, Jones and May (possibly Dobson) are the only players of the required standard and losing any of them requires replacement. Given how woeful our recruitment has been for years I would have little faith that we’ll replace CBT with someone better.
  • Options
    I'd happily sell him, we lose as many points as he gains us because of his lack of wanting to support the LB. yes I know I hate lazy wingers, but watch every game back and tell me I'm wrong, you couldn't because its facts
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    I'd happily sell him, we lose as many points as he gains us because of his lack of wanting to support the LB. yes I know I hate lazy wingers, but watch every game back and tell me I'm wrong, you couldn't because its facts
    I don’t think that’s a “fact”, it’s an opinion. One I disagree with.
  • Options
    Can’t blame him if he moves on to a championship club and being booed off is hardly an incentive to stay. Saying that he truly was terrible today, constantly making wrong decisions and creating zilch. Such a shame as when he is on his game he is so exciting to watch
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is he still carrying two injuries?
  • Options
    He had three men on him most of the time yesterday , especially in the first half . Burton had obviously done their homework. May had all the space in the world on the right but he's not a winger. If Appleton had any nous about him , he should have swapped him to the right intermittently to confuse them . 
    All the talk of getting rid of him is ridiculous. He's by far our most creative player even if he doesn't do it every game. 

He had 3 men on him 2nd half as well. 
    Every time he cut inside their was another 2 man barrier.
  • Options
    If he's capable of improving quickly and if he's hungry to learn I think our only chance of keeping him is if he gets better players to train and play with in this next window, assuming the contract offer is right of course. If he's ambitious he won't be happy with mid-table league 1 colleagues.
  • Options
    He had three men on him most of the time yesterday , especially in the first half . Burton had obviously done their homework. May had all the space in the world on the right but he's not a winger. If Appleton had any nous about him , he should have swapped him to the right intermittently to confuse them . 
    All the talk of getting rid of him is ridiculous. He's by far our most creative player even if he doesn't do it every game. 

He had 3 men on him 2nd half as well. 
    Every time he cut inside their was another 2 man barrier.
    If that's the case then you look up and pass the ball to someone  in space. Simples.
    I think you're missing the point. Because he had three players on him they struggled to get the ball to him. Especially in the first half. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Er, no we don’t. 
    Goals and assists result in points. Can’t remember him costing any points. This is getting weird now. 
    I think that's a weird statement to make.
    He doesn't cost points the other way or conceeding but he does cost points going forwards but it's not measurable that's the issue. The problem being He's won us points at games quite a few times this season but at the same time cost us quite a few ala yesterday where the correct choice to square to tedic probably would have put us 2-1 up and likely won us the game. ( 2 points dropped) yes we should have played better fullstop but that's a good oppurtunity squandered and it's those fine margins between a poor game we draw and a poor game we won will be the difference between mid table and playoffs realistically.

That said it's difficult because he does so well to get in those positions and the debate whether another winger would get in those positions to get to oppurtunity to pass to tedic ala the example is there but to say he doesn't cost us points in that regard is silly.

• Options

We never do that and it's irritated me for a while. CBT played on the right for us when he joined but when it isn't his day or he's heavily marked he's just left (pun intended).