Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Corey Blackett-Taylor - (p34 - signed for Derby on loan til the end of the season)

Comments

• Options
    Can't begrudge him the move back to the Midlands, definitely an upgrade for Derby over Barkhuizen and Mendez-Lang. Guess Derby are mainly funding it off selling Jason Knight in the summer to Bristol City and wouldn't be surprised if they lost Eiran Cashin in this window. 

CBT has come on leaps and bounds this season in terms of being a consistent final third threat , but it sounds like we've got a good fee out of it. 
  • Options
    shame he goes just as he is proving to be so effective .. still, it could have been May for sale .. as said I hope we got a good fee and as I have backed Derby for promotion, I wish him ALL the very best, except of course should he ever play against us
  • Options
    Shame as he's been our best player this season. Would've been good to tie down on a new contract but oh well everyone moves on at some point 
  • Options
    A player that gets you out of your seat, sad to see him go but he clearly wants a move and likely closer to home. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 19
    Today we have sold arguably our best fit player (leaaburn is our best player)  with May somewhere around that also. 

We have sent a signal to League one defences ~ Charlton have no supplier to their front man any longer. 

The board and noone else is to blame for this ridiculous decision. 

League 2 is a real prospect for this club. I haven't felt so deflated since Parker going. 
    Ha ha.
    I wonder if CBT's injury (that developed last Friday) will quickly improve so he can play his first game for Derby?
    Fee mooted to be £350K-£400K, which if true is good business for someone out of contract in the summer, wants to return home to the midlands and possibility that he refused to play last week. 
  • Options
    Shame as CBT is one of the best wingers in the league. However, you can’t get May and him in the same side together. Become redundant now we are playing two up front. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Can't begrudge him the move back to the Midlands, definitely an upgrade for Derby over Barkhuizen and Mendez-Lang. Guess Derby are mainly funding it off selling Jason Knight in the summer to Bristol City and wouldn't be surprised if they lost Eiran Cashin in this window. 

CBT has come on leaps and bounds this season in terms of being a consistent final third threat , but it sounds like we've got a good fee out of it. 
    Always rated Mendez-Lang as one of the best attacking players outside the prem, unplayable every time. You have an opposite view @MarcusH26? Am seriously concerned if i've missed something about him?
  • Options
    Not irreplaceable given the poor balance of the squad collectively. 

We need an overhaul and that means some moving on even if they might have stayed. 
  • Options
    Need to move to wing backs now and what we have needs an upgrade.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Always rated Mendez-Lang as one of the best attacking players outside the prem, unplayable every time. You have an opposite view @MarcusH26? Am seriously concerned if i've missed something about him?

It might have been an off night for him but on Monday he didn't look overly impressive bar an assist. Has actually put up similar numbers to CBT this season with 6 goals and 8 Assists. Sounds like from a few Derby fans that Mendez-Lang has been their main attacking threat and sides had started to suss them out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been great for us but I don't think he'll make the step up to the championship 
  • Options
    edited January 19
    BBC East Midlands today, which is my local station, just did a feature on Derby County and an interview with Warne. They mentioned re-signing on loan the lad from Arsenal etc but absolutely no mention of CBT. 🙅‍♂️
  • Options
    BBC East Midlands today, which is my local station, just did a feature on Derby County and an interview with Warne. They mentioned re-signing on loan the lad from Arsenal etc but absolutely no mention of CBT. 🙅‍♂️
    It's a secret! :) 

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

It might have been an off night for him but on Monday he didn't look overly impressive bar an assist. Has actually put up similar numbers to CBT this season with 6 goals and 8 Assists. Sounds like from a few Derby fans that Mendez-Lang has been their main attacking threat and sides had started to suss them out. 
    Thanks for replying. I know he's been in and out through injuries in the past. I look forward to watching him again now i know he's back in the side.
  • Options
    Say Derby have offered us @ £600k. Surely CBT would rather get that in his pocket and they would have to offer him a really good deal to compensate. Also, this is a League One move, might he fancy a go at the Championship. Derby could get promoted but that is not guaranteed. We agreed a fee with Posh for JCH but he isn;t coming here!
  • Options
    Sorry to see him go but also this is a good deal for him and us imo
  • Options
    Frustrating and exciting in equal measure but sorry to see him go. If we got 400k plus for him then that’s good business if he wouldn’t sign a new contract. We got him for nothing, he even paid his own hotel bill whilst on trial, and we sell at a profit. That’s football I’m afraid. I wish him the best.
    This.

You cant keep a player who wants to leave. Shame he couldn't see out the last 4 months though as we will miss his goals & his pace. Just hope Ladapo can replace him. 

I wish him all the best.....apart from when we play Derby (rwice) next month.