Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Corey Blackett-Taylor - (p34 - signed for Derby on loan til the end of the season)

Comments

• Options
    Have I missed something? He hasn’t been officially announced as having signed for Derby yet, has he? As we’ve seen this window deals can be on and off again at the flip of a switch so he hasn’t definitely gone yet. 
    Here’s a picture of him wearing a Derby shirt posted by (presumably) his agent.

a bit awkward of them ? it makes him look like a player that has got talent but can be a bit anonymous during games…
  • Options
    Will be a big loss.
  • Options
    That Derby kit looks terrible 
  • Options
    My little girl cried all the way to school this morning when she found out there was a chance CBT may leave. Hate to think of her reaction when she finds out he has.

Bless her.
    Hopefully she will see a better balanced side with new enthusiastic players and her tears will be of joy not sadness. 🤞

It wasn't even about the football !  During COVID lockdown Bromley Addicks did an online Q+A with CBT and Famewo and she asked them a question.  The fact they answered her cemented them as her best friends at the time (I guess she was 6urs old at the time).  
  • Options
    I suppose ultimately I feel pissed off him going, no loyalty and all that jazz!

But as so many others have said he was so inconsistent and I guess we need players who can show up, week in week out. Mind, we ain’t got many of those either at the moment.
  • Options
    That's it to call our second best player in goal and assist contributions inconsistent what does it say about the other players, he is a big loss and we need to find some creativity to replace him.
  • Options
    edited January 20
    If it was to fall through I'd imagine it would cause a very awkward situation as the squad seems to be getting re-shaped into a system that doesn't employ attacking wide forwards, so where does he fit in?

Also, it's a big no-no to pose in another teams shirt before signing on the line (Paul Ince springs to mind). For this reason I feel pretty confident that the deal has been done and for some reason it's yet to be announced. 
  • Options
    I suppose ultimately I feel pissed off him going, no loyalty and all that jazz!

But as so many others have said he was so inconsistent and I guess we need players who can show up, week in week out. Mind, we ain’t got many of those either at the moment.
    Do the players we signed yesterday have no loyalty too?
  • Options
    Would prefer to keep CBT if it were possible, as even with a change of formation it's nice to have options to change things around if needed. And there are very few better impact players who can come on and make a big difference. But if his heart is set on a move back north and his contract is expiring, not much we can do.

Just hope the stories about him refusing to play are inaccurate. Wouldn't want that to tarnish the memories of his time with us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wonder if Derby are trying to keep it under wraps until he appears on the teamsheet at 2pm today.
  • Options
    He had his moments but I always thought he was greedy and lacked football intelligence. He was no Paddy Powell. 
  • Options
    when a player refuses to play and all but goes on strike , then he burnt his bridges with the club and the fans no coming back … just hope he gets the hot reception he deserves in a few weeks .. 
  • Options
    If it was to fall through I'd imagine it would cause a very awkward situation as the squad seems to be getting re-shaped into a system that doesn't employ attacking wide forwards, so where does he fit in?

Also, it's a big no-no to pose in another teams shirt before signing on the line (Paul Ince springs to mind). For this reason I feel pretty confident that the deal has been done and for some reason it's yet to be announced. 
    I was going to mention Ince. I was working with a couple of West Ham fans at the time & they we livid. Those were the days before the internet & the only way you found out any transfer news was club call or the newspapers. 
  • Options
    when a player refuses to play and all but goes on strike , then he burnt his bridges with the club and the fans no coming back … just hope he gets the hot reception he deserves in a few weeks .. 
    🤡
  • Options
    This is a loss for CAFC. 
    I’ve seen L1 defenders unable to cope with him on occasions, and clearly he is Championship standard. 

A club with substantial backers wouldn’t be tempted by 600k (or whatever), for a player that could get us out of L1 and keep us in the Championship. 

Interesting to see what happens with Dobbo now. 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    CBT made it clear that he would not renew his contract as he wanted to be nearer home. Letting him go now for a fee is the right thing to do IMHO.

Good luck, just not against us
    I've seen that said here, but never from an actual source. 

If for example Southampton had wanted him and offered him £25k a week, would he really have turned it down because he wanted to return to the midlands? He's not a 34 year old, joining his final club like Watson when he joined us or McGoldrick when he returned home to Notts County.
  • Options
    edited January 20
    Top player at this level. Only struggles on the smaller pitches where there's less space. 

He was an exciting player to watch and did well for us. Wish him all the best. 

I hope our change in shape makes up for the loss. I for one am happy we're not going to have any wingers because our fanbase has always had a strange relationship with them. 
  • Options
    He had his moments but I always thought he was greedy and lacked football intelligence. He was no Paddy Powell. 
    Agreed. If he had a brain on the pitch he wouldn't be joining another league 1 team!

I wish him well as he has been a rare bright light where the rest have been shit. If he did refuse to play last Saturday, I hope he does a Michael gray at Wembley in this years play off final
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is a loss for CAFC. 
    I’ve seen L1 defenders unable to cope with him on occasions, and clearly he is Championship standard. 

A club with substantial backers wouldn’t be tempted by 600k (or whatever), for a player that could get us out of L1 and keep us in the Championship. 

You absolutely would if the alternative was that same player walking away in three months for absolutely nothing.

If we were actively pushing him out of the door and trying to sell him, it would be different. But by all accounts he's made it clear he wants to go. Maximising the profit is all we can do.
  • Options
    Needed his sale money to balance out our incomers I should think
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    This is a loss for CAFC. 

You absolutely would if the alternative was that same player walking away in three months for absolutely nothing.

If we were actively pushing him out of the door and trying to sell him, it would be different. But by all accounts he's made it clear he wants to go. Maximising the profit is all we can do.
    Especially in a season which is likely to peter out into nothingness. If we were in 6th and fighting for promotion, then the prize of promotion might be worth the risk of losing him for nothing
  • Options
    I liked Corey, he was quick and was impressive to watch when at full pelt with the ball

Disappointed he didnt move to the Championship, maybe Derby just happened to offer more money

On a personal note, I hope that like Alfie May moving from Cheltenham, he gets a chance in the second tier with this move - Not overly surprised by him using us a stepping stone for his career, nothing wrong with it either, we kinda did the same with Hollands and BWP... Part me of has always expected it given how he left Tranmere, have never thought that they just released him
  • Options
    Still no announcement? Wondering if all including medical has gone to plan? Imagine we’ve been counting on the fee with our own business recently. 
  • Options
    If we were voting for player of the season now, he would be in the running but I think longer term the best place for a winger in our side will be coming off the bench which won't be him so this could suit us too. Especially if we are getting £650k!
  • Options
    Still no announcement? Wondering if all including medical has gone to plan? Imagine we’ve been counting on the fee with our own business recently. 
    That "leg injury" must have caused issues at the medical...
  • Options
    Why do people say that he and May can’t play together. If May was in the middle and CBT on the wing, where’s the problem?
  • Options
    If we have got 600k for him then it’s a good deal for both parties. I don’t blame the lad and he has given us some high points but onwards and upwards etc etc
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    If we have got 600k for him then it’s a good deal for both parties. I don’t blame the lad and he has given us some high points but onwards and upwards etc etc
    Think SLP said it's around half that