Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Corey Blackett-Taylor - (p34 - signed for Derby on loan til the end of the season)

Comments

• Options
    Who is to say its not £600k in total, £300k for the "loan" (ha!) and £300k for a permanent deal in the summer, so structured to keep Derby on the right side of a hazy line
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Who is to say its not £600k in total, £300k for the "loan" (ha!) and £300k for a permanent deal in the summer, so structured to keep Derby on the right side of a hazy line
    Because he's not contracted to us in the summer. I mean there could be add-ons or whatever, but I trust Rich Cawley that the number we're getting is around 300k
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Why would they pay us in the summer when his contract is done anyway? 
  • Options
    Anyone who refuses to play deserves nothing .. Derby will soon found out what we seen in the last 2/3 months … 
    Where do you get your drugs from? More importantly, can you pm their number please? 
  • Options
    Best of luck Corey. Can't blame you for wanting to leave.

In an ideal world he would have wanted to stay because we'd be in a position where we are attractive enough club in terms of challenging for promotion and able to pay the wages to keep him, but we're not so I can never blame a player for looking after his own best interests. At least he was enjoyable to watch while he was here. We will miss his direct running and if he features against us I expect he will absolutely tear Watson (T) a new one.
  • Options
    edited January 22
    IdleHans said:
    Because it's a disguised sale at say £600k and they want him now but have to spread the payments due to ffp or whatever rule theyre bending this week 

Edit: I should have put a question mark at the end of that in case anyone from the EFL happens by.
    Points deductions incoming?
  • Options
    What a shit Monday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like most, I'm sorry to see him go. Absolutely the only fit player who has the capacity to get you out of your seat when he's flying forward. 
    Chuks is the other, hence the word fit.
  • Options
    Watched his interview on Derby's website. Said he came because its a big  club, and he looked at League position and wants to play at a higher level. Looking forward to getting started and impressed with the training ground, it has 17 pitches. Hopes to improve on his stats this season so far. Manager has told him where he wants him to play. That's about it really.
  • Options
    edited January 22
    Does anyone know how to change your name on here?
    No chance mate it’ll have to be a reincarnation how about GetYerApplesOut 😉
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    IdleHans said:
    Because it's a disguised sale at say £600k and they want him now but have to spread the payments due to ffp or whatever rule theyre bending this week 
    I imagine that Derby are a close to the wage cap (is that still a thing) but can still pay a loan fee. So we still pay his wages & get £300k for doing so. As Madness once sang...."how to bend or break the rules".

Also, if it's true there is a promotion bonus built in I wonder if we will lay down & die twice next month & let them have 6 points.

All sorts of wrong. 
  • Options
    Anyone who refuses to play deserves nothing .. Derby will soon found out what we seen in the last 2/3 months … 
    Appleton taking over at Derby?
  • Options
    edited January 22
    NabySarr said:
    MrBurns said:
    Derby journalist has confirmed he can play against us 

It would be madness to loan Corey Blackett-Taylor to Derby and he can play against Cafc twice.
    Since when can a loan player play against  their parent club unless given permission by the parent club.

Sod the Derby journos does anyone know if the loan rules have changed ?

" Essentially a transfer" quotes Cawley 
    WTF is going on now !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

According to the Bristol Post (first one up on my google search), we are apparently fine with the structure of a loan plus option. Easy work around.

• Options
    edited January 22
    CAFCDAZ said:
    I'd happily sell him, we lose as many points as he gains us because of his lack of wanting to support the LB. yes I know I hate lazy wingers, but watch every game back and tell me I'm wrong, you couldn't because its facts

Someone will be happy tonight after this post in December.
    Only time in a decade I have gone back a month to find a crazy post. 
    Derby will probably give him Carte blanche to just attack both of Charlton full backs moving him from one side to the other without any defensive responsibility other than defending set pieces but he may be left as the furthest forward as he can beat all of our defenders for pace.

What a manic Monday today has been.
  • Options
    edited January 22
    I’d get Dobson to do a man for man on him and REG to double up, couple of solid legit tackles early doors and Bobs your uncle 😉.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    FFS. I really thought that a co-owner who is "one of the Top 10 PR people in the country" (source:"Brexit Bill" Cash) would have spotted the opportunity to avoid a PR disaster by stipulating that at least he can't play in the game at the Valley. FFFFS!
  • Options
    One of my favourite players of recent years.  

Disappointing on many levels.

Instant kudos for me when he paid his own expenses to trial with us and worked his bollocks off to be one of our better players in a short time.  

Shit Monday indeed.  

Yep. He never got enough credit for that. Last season he was still on Curbs list of "players who can't do the full 90". It was quite a long list and most of them were still on the list at the start of this season. Not Corey, right from the start he was able to do the full 98 minutes every game. Since we're still generally not a fit squad, you have to conclude he basically fixed his fitness himself - maybe with advice from his brother at Rotherham that somebody mentioned the other day.
  • Options
    Gutted, we’ve lost a good player. Despite the undoubted investment in the squad so far this window we don’t have someone who naturally replaces CBTs drive and directness with the ball.
  • Options
    Fair play to the club for the way they announced that. Makes a change from treating us like idiots and announcing something a week late as if we didn’t already know.
  • Options
    edited January 22
    3 things I wouldn't be surprised by since its us;

1) since it's a loan and it's us, I wonder what % of his wages we are still paying 
    2) despite the fact that nobody in their right mind would loan a player in the same league and allow them to play against the parent club he will DEFINITELY be allowed to play us twice.
    3) I bet since it's a loan til the end of the season and his contract is til - what? July? I bet he comes back to us for the last 2 months for his holidays/ to pick up the last of his contract before he leaves for Derby permanently

/Cynic mode off\

The worst thing is I am only half joking about all of this.