Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Corey Blackett-Taylor - (p34 - signed for Derby on loan til the end of the season)

Comments

• Junior Quitirna in 3rd, was in our u21s for a few years.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junior_Quitirna
  • He has a Jamaican/Barbadian background… do you think it’s possible he gets a national call up of some sort soon?

I’d be shocked if the Barbados set up in particular haven’t already asked.
  • edited October 2023
    Scoham said:
    Junior Quitirna in 3rd, was in our u21s for a few years.

Been playing well for Fleetwood since Lee Johnson took over, 2 goals and an assist in his last 4 games from central midfield 
  • Scoham said:
    Junior Quitirna in 3rd, was in our u21s for a few years.

Wasn't he absolutely tiny? Seem to remember seeing him in a couple of our pre season games and thinking he's got good technique but needed his physical attributes to catch up
  • 3 assists in a game beats some of Corey's stats from previous seasons. Well done to him becoming more productive. JRS has taught him well!
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    He's got two assists in four games!
    That's 23 assists in a season if he remained on that level.
    Some of you are nuts to think he's not performing in this division!
    His stats are even better than when I posted this.
    IF we can, we MUST extend his contract.
    No other player like him in the division currently. 
    Anybody still questioning?
  • Sponsored links:

• CBT will be playing in the championship next year.  Either with us (hopefully) or some else will pay to bring him in
  • edited October 2023
    Would be great to keep hold of him and go up this year. Might have a chance of keeping Leaburn and Tyreece as well then. I fear otherwise they will be all off.
  • Fair play to him - he wasn’t even that good yesterday but made 3 assists - he’s becoming a far more effective footballer .  I assume he went off yesterday to preserve him for upcoming games.  
  • I think he’ll be gone in January. It’s looking like he’s not rushed to sign a new deal so is at least open to the possibility of moving on. I reckon he’ll move to The Championship and fall away again into being an unrealised talent. I think Charlton is a good club for him. Hope he realises that.
  • edited October 2023
    Appleton was asked about CBT and Dobson's contracts at 5:20 and said initial conversations have taken place.
  • I think they will both be waiting to see where we are towards the end of the season if we look like we are going up I think Dobson will stay not so sure about CBT but at the end of the day the bloke paid his own expenses to have his trial with us and has delivered for that reason alone if he has the chance of a big payday then good luck to him.

Dobson on the other hand I really think he loves it here and if we can offer him a sensible deal I think he will stay
  • I think if we go up we can persuade both to stay. It will cost but they will be playing in the championship next season, with us or without us.
  • Sponsored links:

• I didn’t actually realise they had been offered contracts. I wonder what sort of terms we put to them.
  • Chunes - the defensive side is quite important but what about the attacking side of their play, only looking at the defensive side is only half the story
  • edited November 2023
    Chunes - the defensive side is quite important but what about the attacking side of their play, only looking at the defensive side is only half the story
    Definitely true but it was outside the scope of what I wanted to find out. People said that our wingers didn't do enough without the ball and I didn't think that sounded right - turns out I was wrong.  

I gave the Poku example to point out that it's possible for a player to be contributing goals and assists while still being aggressive off the ball. 
  • Chunes said:
    I've read a few posts saying that our wingers don't offer enough defensively and that this also contributes to the amount of goals we concede.

I wondered how our wingers compared to others in the league so I ran the numbers on players in the top 12 using data from FotMob. 

CBT & Tyreece are bottom or bottom three across all defensive metrics (tackles, clearances, headed clearances and interceptions) except blocked shots, where they are both in the top three. (Although clearly, this does not improve their average by much).

Most notable for me is the Tackles table. 

Kwame Poku has 6 goals and 6 assists to CBT's 5+5, yet he has also contributed 21 tackles to CBT's 4.

Regardless, both our wingers appear to be underperforming the league's defensive average by some distance.

I also note Aaron Collins has been touted as a possible replacement to CBT, but finds himself similarly lacking.
    Poku is a class player, an ideal player in this league as a wide player, especially a wingback.

Good research mate, do you mind sharing the top 10 wingers stats 
  • Talal said:
    Have noticed Tyreece pull out of quite a few challenges, the sort Kirk would (quite rightly) get pelters for. 
    Haven’t noticed that to be honest. I did see him press and dispossess a Sutton player to set up our third.
  • Talal said:
    Have noticed Tyreece pull out of quite a few challenges, the sort Kirk would (quite rightly) get pelters for. 
    Haven’t noticed that to be honest. I did see him press and dispossess a Sutton player to set up our third.
    You must have missed the Bolton game.
  • Typically our wingers aren't playing as traditional 4-4-2 wingers though. They are modern wing forwards, spending a lot of the game playing as far up the pitch as a centre forward. With the tactics we play they are far less likely, and less required to contribute for those defensive stats!
    It's good that they do contribute a little defensively but it's not that much of a concern really because Appleton is unlikely to want them to be near the top of defensive stats as it will mean they aren't near the top of offensive stats.
    Our midfielders and less attacking full backs are expected to take up their slack. 
    And also, winger in "bottling" challenges shock horror! I really couldn't care less about a winger "bottling" a challenge. The same people who complain about that are the first to jump on them for silly bookings or red cards for bad challenges!