Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Corey Blackett-Taylor - (p34 - signed for Derby on loan til the end of the season)

Comments

• Options
    Cant really complain if he refuses to sign a new deal, and moves on a free to the Championship.

He did the same with Tranmere to progress his career, so dont blame him for that approach - Just hope he stays until the summer, and sees if he can play Championship Football with us next season... I dont think the owners will take the risk though.
  • Options
    Which is why you don't wait until a player's final year to offer a new contract.

Were attempts made to extend his contract properly last season? Ditto with Dobson.
  • Options
    Which is why you don't wait until a player's final year to offer a new contract.

Were attempts made to extend his contract properly last season? Ditto with Dobson.
    Depends on the player as well, they may want to let the contract run in to the last year, leaves them in a stronger position.. It is a 2 way street! 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    He's becoming too good for us, he'll be off in the summer 
    Be off in Jan, if he don't sign a new contract...
    I would say that there is even more reason to keep him if he doesn't sign a new contract. He will be a major reason behind us getting promoted this season and if we do, then we have a better chance of keeping him. No doubting he has made great progress recently in terms of fitness and decision making on the pitch.
  • Options
    Even if there are offers in January i'd keep him. The money we'll get for a player out of contract 6 months later is going to be pitiful. Might as well keep him and have him help us (hopefully) towards a play off place.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    IIRC the offer for CBT was from Derby, not a Championship club. And the offer for Dobbo was from Wrexham.
  • Options
    IIRC the offer for CBT was from Derby, not a Championship club. And the offer for Dobbo was from Wrexham.
    I think you’re right but there is Championship interest. Huddersfield are definitely one of those clubs 
  • Options
    There were definitely Huddersfield rumours on deadline day, obviously don't know how reliable they were though. My hunch is that we never planned to get rid of him over the summer anyway and clubs who enquired would have been told this. If the right replacement can be lined up (maybe that's Chem Campbell for now, I don't know) then I think it could be worth cashing in on Corey in January. Think even if we managed to go up he'd get an offer from a more established Championship team on much higher wages
  • Options
    If we are challenging for promotion and CBT is a big part of it, I can't see us selling him. I haven't seen enough from Campbell to think he can replace CBT. Maybe that will come, but he is unplayable for many League One defenders. What teams have done with some success is double up on him but we should be able to take advantage of this better than we have.
  • Options
    If we are challenging for promotion and CBT is a big part of it, I can't see us selling him. I haven't seen enough from Campbell to think he can replace CBT. Maybe that will come, but he is unplayable for many League One defenders. What teams have done with some success is double up on him but we should be able to take advantage of this better than we have.
    I think we are as well placed as can be if Dobson and CBT left. They’d obviously be huge losses but we signed Terry Taylor and have Campbell coming through the academy. They aren’t the same level yet but could develop into that level of player for next season 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd like him to stay, but I can't see it, although I feel that we have boosted his career, you can't blame anyone for taking the best offer which unless promoted is highly unlikely to be ours.
  • Options
    If he stays fit CBT has the ability to get us into the mix come the end of the season. The downside of that is if he does then not a chance we keep him but that’s the way it goes, good luck to him he deserves the chance if it comes along remember this is the bloke who basically paid for his own trial with us if I remember correctly 
  • Options
    Think the club see Tyreece aa the replacement. 
  • Options
    I too hope he signs a new contract & stays,only going to get better as the season goes & with a better squad around him giving him options how to use the ball & find them players, he is a weapon we could do with being in our team rather than someone else’s,& he at the mo is the only one that gets us (some of us) out of ya seat on his driving runs…
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Impossible that what he is doing will go unnoticed. There are better defences in the Championship though. Pace or lack of it is a real issue in League One.
  • Options

His contract runs out in the summer as well doesn't it.  Better get him signed up if they see him as the replacement.
  • Options
    edited September 2023

His contract runs out in the summer as well doesn't it.  Better get him signed up if they see him as the replacement.
    The club have never said how long his contract is.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/view/60f7f2e216e21/tyreece-campbell-pens-first-professional-contract-with-the-club

He turned pro in 2021 and I don’t think there’s been any mention of an extension since. Best hope for now is probably that he was on a 3 year deal plus a 1 year option. Can’t imagine we’d have given any teenager a 4 or 5 year contract.
  • Options
    A giveaway sign that a deal with a club may be agreed will be that he no longer plays 90 minutes, and we state that he needs "protecting".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could be that if we hit form consistantly, put a good run together and somehow nick promotion, CBT stays.

If we miss out, Corey's gone.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Could be that if we hit form consistantly, put a good run together and somehow nick promotion, CBT stays.

I’d say the same goes for Dobson. I think the club have already forward planned for their exits via the introduction of Campbell & purchase of Terry Taylor.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Oggy Red said:

I like CBT a lot but I can't see him being that effective against championship defences when sides like Shrewsbury can keep him quiet for 90 mins. Could see someone in the championship relegation zone signing him in preparation for a Lg1 promotion push
  • Options
    Deary me
  • Options
    When he’s up against bang average League One players he looks unplayable.

When he faces someone with a bit of nous, as he did today, he looks lost.

He needs to find new ways to beat his man. Then he’ll be ready for the Championship. Until then he’s a dangerous League One winger and not much more.
  • Options
    Get the sense he’s much more effective during home games than whenever we’re away. Not sure if there’s anything in that at all, but today was a quiet one for him. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    The solution for teams like Shewsbury are better runs without the ball. If he improves that area of movement then will do well in the Championship.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    When he’s up against bang average League One players he looks unplayable.

When he faces someone with a bit of nous, as he did today, he looks lost.

He needs to find new ways to beat his man. Then he’ll be ready for the Championship. Until then he’s a dangerous League One winger and not much more.
    Today and at Stevenage he had 2 players in front of him every time he gets the ball. That isn’t his fault and there’s not much he can do about that 

The rest of the team need to be better at getting the ball to him quicker so that the other team don’t have time to get an extra man over to him. Or we should be exploiting other areas of the pitch where we should have an overload when teams are paying extra attention to CBT

We should also swap him to the other side if the right back/wing back is doing a good job on him, try out the other side and see if he gets more joy 
  • Options
    The solution for teams like Shewsbury are better runs without the ball. If he improves that area of movement then will do well in the Championship.
    Yes that’s definitely a development area for him. He’s so quick but he doesn’t make runs off the ball, wants it into feet every time. Tyreece Campbell is the same. Only May and Leaburn appear to make runs when they don’t have the ball in this team