Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Corey Blackett-Taylor - (p34 - signed for Derby on loan til the end of the season)

Comments

• Options
    Oh, well then yeah it's probably a mistake! 
  • Options
    File save as and didn't change a name. School boy error 
  • Options
  • Options
    Just thought i'd bump the lad up and say I thought he has been fantastic so far this season, looked really dangerous and if he can stay I can see him bagging at least 10 goals and assists. I don't think there is a full back in the league that can handle him on his day, makes it look so easy

In my latest vid I reckon I have at least 4 clips where he is just gliding, could have bagged himself a couple against Peterborough on another day
  • Options
    Wow, incredible achievement getting in both terms in the same week.

Sign him up.
  • Options
    Nice to see a contract extension for Corey.
  • Options
    Just thought i'd bump the lad up and say I thought he has been fantastic so far this season, looked really dangerous and if he can stay I can see him bagging at least 10 goals and assists. I don't think there is a full back in the league that can handle him on his day, makes it look so easy

In my latest vid I reckon I have at least 4 clips where he is just gliding, could have bagged himself a couple against Peterborough on another day
    Conversely he needs to hit the target more. For a player who shoots as much he does, he misses the target a lot. If he can add that final piece to his game he would be unstoppable at this level.  
  • Options
    He needs his own drill where he drives to the 18 yard line, cuts inside and gets the shot off… 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Said it last season that he could learn some key parts of the game from JRS. 

The stats between the two shows the difference in output. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:

Conversely he needs to hit the target more. For a player who shoots as much he does, he misses the target a lot. If he can add that final piece to his game he would be unstoppable at this level.  
    We could also train the squad to have a runner in the box hitting the back post. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Top players curl the ball into the far corner, and make it look easy. Saka scored a screamer on Saturday like that.

Cory's 2 shots on Saturday both seemed to flash across the box, rather than curl into the corner.
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Top players curl the ball into the far corner, and make it look easy. Saka scored a screamer on Saturday like that.

Cory's 2 shots on Saturday both seemed to flash across the box, rather than curl into the corner.
    He always seems to take a wild swing at the ball, can't remember him looking to bend one in the corner but I could be wrong. 
  • Options
    I thought he tried to curl the second one. Either way, for me, on his day he is one of the best wingers in the league. His shooting isn't always the best but didn't he score 8 last season whilst missing a chunk of season? Definitely needs a contract sorted in my opinion. He's often our main/only outlet
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    In the premier league we would probably have a striker sliding in at the far post rather than watching the shot go wide. They were close and wrong to criticise CBT in any way, not so long ago he would have balooned the shot over and his shooting and crossing has noticeably improved. For me he is our best chance of winning our next two home games.
  • Options
    Some players just have that preference for a shoelace belter, rather than a curler or sidefoot.

It doesn't mean that if he attempts the latter more, that he will be accurate with it. But I'd have thought a club would coach which kind of shot to take at different opportunities, when presented with a sight at goal. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:

That is why he is playing in League 1 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

I agree, the issue is then would he even be with us. He can use both feet, he's quick, strong and doesn't seem to tire too easily. 

I agree with what other posters have said, we need him on a longer contract. Even as an impact sub he will always have a place in this squad in my eyes 
  • Options
    A few hard shots (MS taught him well) at goal and May is lurking in the box for a tap in now.
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am surprised he made this team, he has been a standout player but I find it hard to believe there wasn't a better player in the league.

Beautiful assist and had his fullback on toast but he should have probably got a goal.

Loving him this season though, he's made a mockery of every full back so far (Leyton Orient in particular) and he's been managing the 90 minutes which is nice.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    CAFCDAZ said:
    I must be watching a different player to some of these people who have raved about him, I think he is toilet. Can't cross, can't shoot, doesn't track back, stands at the halfway line a lot of the time, turns it on when he wants. 9/10 of his crosses barring the one to Kanu have resulted in a turnover in play, surely he must have noticed May isn't 6"5 and is about 5"9  so smashing them in the air probably isn't the best idea? 
     I’ve seen some takes but this one is right up there, deserves a LOL 
  • Options
    If CBT ends up with TWENTY THREE ASSISTS (1 every two games as he currently has)  I'd say he's had a half decent season.....
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    He looks like our only creative outlet at the moment, and the fact is that he gets doubled and tripled up which causes poor final balls. He is a very good L1 winger, and the fact that we started the season with him at wingback didn't thrill me, even if it was in a lopsided team. It's just without Fraser, Camara, Campbell, Miles, and Aneke everything that we do in terms of attack either goes through him running with the ball or lumping it into the channels to get May in behind. And teams have scouted that. So even if CBT beats his man, the opposition can let him cross and just put three in the box knowing they're probably going to beat May and whoever is alongside him to the ball.

To me that's not CBT's fault, it's the limitations of the way we're currently playing. 
  • Options
    I'm with Daz on this one. 

There is a talent there but he makes the wrong decision more often than not. If he were consistent he'd be a level above.