Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Corey Blackett-Taylor - (p34 - signed for Derby on loan til the end of the season)

Comments

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Sage said:
    Chunes said:
    He seems to have a habit of going missing in away games against smaller teams. 
    Does he? And I don’t mean this in a rude way but…

Scored against Forest Green
    Yet to play Cambridge, Milton Keynes, Morecambe and Cheltenham away from home.
    Played 86 minutes on the opening day of the season again Accrington Stanley.
    Came off the bench at half time to assist Leaburn against Oxford.
    Came off the bench in the 63rd minute in our draw with Burton when we were 3-2 down.

That’s every club below us covered.

Above us in terms of much smaller clubs:

Fleetwood he played 80 minutes and had Clayden behind him at left back.
    Port Vale he played 77 minutes and every single player was atrocious.
    Yet to play Bristol Rovers away from home. 
    Came off the bench in the 76th minute against Lincoln.
    Scored against Exeter in February. 

Going further above that and we are talking clubs around 10 points above us. Think there is a good number of games to see how effective he is against smaller opponents away from home.

Be nice to provide context when making a statement.

Really happy he’s staying as he’s a player that no other we have can do what he does. His pace and ability to carry the ball and breeze passed defenders is a huge threat at this level.

As it’s been said, add consistency in the final third and he’ll be a top player in this league.
    I almost stood corrected when I read that list as it sounded impressive, but on closer examination it actually says only he's contributed to a few of those games. That's only going on this season of course. 

To me, he always looks very up for our home games, and for away games at teams like Sheff Weds, but he can be completely anonymous in others. I think motivation was something his past club's fans had mentioned. Still, I think it's a habit, I'm not saying he goes missing in every single game. 

It might even be that these smaller sides typically have smaller pitches, so he's not got as much space to exploit. 

He is still one of our best players and I enjoy watching him play at home, you don't need to defend him to me. It's a little odd that you found my comment particularly triggering when others are slaughtering him on this thread. 
    There are 8 games he could so far have contributed to, 3 of which he was on the bench and came on, 2 of the 5 he started he scored. He's a winger in a poor League One side, you can't expect him to contribute in every game he plays. If he did, he'd probably be in the Premier League, let alone the Championship. 

You provided a statement with no context that I disagreed with. I wasn't triggered by anything, it's an open forum and I am not going to go round replying to every single comment. Yours was one I saw and had context to show a differing view. It's odd that you find that odd.
  • Options
    16th in League One and our worst squad in years. No player extending a contract will excite me from this lot, not one of them.
  • Options
    He's a midtable League One player. 

He'd be fine as a squad member filling in or coming off the bench.

As a starter he isn't consistent enough to push us up the table. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    16th in League One and our worst squad in years. No player extending a contract will excite me from this lot, not one of them.
    Dobson?
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Sage said:
    Chunes said:
    Sage said:
    Chunes said:

Came off the bench in the 63rd minute in our draw with Burton when we were 3-2 down.

Going further above that and we are talking clubs around 10 points above us. Think there is a good number of games to see how effective he is against smaller opponents away from home.

Really happy he’s staying as he’s a player that no other we have can do what he does. His pace and ability to carry the ball and breeze passed defenders is a huge threat at this level.

As it’s been said, add consistency in the final third and he’ll be a top player in this league.
    I almost stood corrected when I read that list as it sounded impressive, but on closer examination it actually says only he's contributed to a few of those games. That's only going on this season of course. 

To me, he always looks very up for our home games, and for away games at teams like Sheff Weds, but he can be completely anonymous in others. I think motivation was something his past club's fans had mentioned. Still, I think it's a habit, I'm not saying he goes missing in every single game. 

It might even be that these smaller sides typically have smaller pitches, so he's not got as much space to exploit. 

He is still one of our best players and I enjoy watching him play at home, you don't need to defend him to me. It's a little odd that you found my comment particularly triggering when others are slaughtering him on this thread. 
    There are 8 games he could so far have contributed to, 3 of which he was on the bench and came on, 2 of the 5 he started he scored. He's a winger in a poor League One side, you can't expect him to contribute in every game he plays. If he did, he'd probably be in the Premier League, let alone the Championship. 

You provided a statement with no context that I disagreed with. I wasn't triggered by anything, it's an open forum and I am not going to go round replying to every single comment. Yours was one I saw and had context to show a differing view. It's odd that you find that odd.
    Did you not say recently that the cause of our poor defensive record this season is that our wide players (including CBT) offer nothing defensively, and so pull everyone else out of shape? So perhaps you'd say it's not just consistency in the final third that he needs to add. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    If we want to win promotion then we have to improve on players like CBT .. would have been one for the released list in my book .. what has he created
    Six goals and five assists. And occasional exciting moments. I'd keep him in the squad. Decent sub to bring on.
    55 matches and only 7 assists really .. this is a winger in a 433 /4231 .. this is why our lone strikers have struggled big time 
    CBT and JRS are more goal scorers than creators, but you’re suggesting our strikers aren’t also a problem.

Neither Stockley or Bonne have a good touch, the ability to pick a pass, skill to beat a player or have genuine pace. Leaburn has the potential to play that lone role well but he’s in his first season of first team football and will still be developing physically.

Stockley has scored 1 in 9 for Fleetwood and Ipswich could have signed Bonne had they wanted to. If they were top 6 quality strikers they’d be playing for clubs at the end of the table.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Dobson?
    I love Dobson, he is my favourite player - certainly from recent years and maybe even beyond. He just encapsulates so much you want from a player, and this year I think he’s improved his ability on the ball and his passing.

Statistically as well he is killing it again this year and you will find him up there in terms of tackles and interceptions. 

Yet maybe it’s because of the shite we are serving up as a whole, but I look at other similar players in that position in top 6 teams such as Aaron Morley, Sam Morsy, George Byers, and from the performances I’ve seen this season just think he’s not as good as them. I feel like he lacks their mobility and ability to push the game forwards. 

But maybe with better players around him that’s a side of the game we will see from him. 

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Dobson?
    I love Dobson, he is my favourite player - certainly from recent years and maybe even beyond. He just encapsulates so much you want from a player, and this year I think he’s improved his ability on the ball and his passing.

Statistically as well he is killing it again this year and you will find him up there in terms of tackles and interceptions. 

Yet maybe it’s because of the shite we are serving up as a whole, but I look at other similar players in that position in top 6 teams such as Aaron Morley, Sam Morsy, George Byers, and from the performances I’ve seen this season just think he’s not as good as them. I feel like he lacks their mobility and ability to push the game forwards. 

But maybe with better players around him that’s a side of the game we will see from him. 

Dobson I think is one you can actually say, with better around him, he can be part of a promotion challenging team.  Leaburn looks promising and I never want to write young players off too quickly so you can make an argument for Ness, Henry and AMB.  The rest of them I am wholeheartedly in agreement with @croydon on.  
  • Options
    CBT has been decent this season, always looks to attack and has real pace. Yes he’s a bit inconsistent but then he wouldn’t be in League one if he wasn’t. He’s probably our most dangerous player.
  • Options
    I would certainly rather have CBT in our team than on the opposition team at this level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Dobson?
    I like him, but I can't say a contract renewal for him would excite me

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Dobson?

Most consistently good player we have had in years. I would be delighted if he signed a long term deal.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Dobson?

Most consistently good player we have had in years. I would be delighted if he signed a long term deal.

Still doesn't excite me. Would Dobson be starting for any of the top 4 in this league? I don't think he would.

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Dobson?

Still doesn't excite me. Would Dobson be starting for any of the top 4 in this league? I don't think he would.

Plymouth? - Bet half their squad would struggle away from their setup.

Instead Schumacher has them playing as a unit together - Its the one thing we're failing to understand here

We sign individuals, they sign players that compliment each other

Shrewsbury are another side punching well above their weight - Bet neither have bigger budgets than us.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Dobson?

Plymouth? - Bet half their squad would struggle away from their setup.

Instead Schumacher has them playing as a unit together - Its the one thing we're failing to understand here

We sign individuals, they sign players that compliment each other

Shrewsbury are another side punching well above their weight - Bet neither have bigger budgets than us.
    That may be the case, but they are where they are and we're miles off even the playoffs. I don't think any one from Plymouth is looking at Dobson and thinking "we should sign him, he would improve our squad".

• Options
    Boom 💥 7th league goal for the player we should release
  • Options
    8 (eight), on track for double figures
  • Options
    Can barely contain myself
    How about now?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    8 (eight), on track for double figures
    First may be OG
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Assuming that Holden wants to stick with a 4-3-3 we are going to need at least 2 wingers coming in over the summer. 

If we didn’t renew CBT’s contract that would leave us with just Campbell, who although looks like he could make the step up, is still very raw - so wouldn’t expect him to be a starter. 

I struggle to see how we get 2 players who are a better or similar quality to CBT, never mind 3 - especially when there are other areas of the pitch which need strengthening as well. 

If he can bring some consistency to his game he would be a certain starter for me, but until then having him coming on as a sub, and rotating when necessary I think would be strong for this level. 
  • Options
    Can barely contain myself
    How about now?
    Yep in a season limping to the finish line he bagged two in a dead duck. 

Ok he did well last night but another season of watching him I'd rather not.
  • Options
    Didn't do too bad against a smaller club away from home... that's another goal (or two) added to the list.
  • Options
    Blackett-Taylor could easily become one of our highest ever scorers as long as he continues to claim goals he never scored!

At Cambridge last year his shot was going out for a throw before a Cambridge defender deflected it in. And now last night where the Morecambe defender clearly turned it home.

If he carries on like this, put money on him getting 20 goals next year!
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Sage said:
    Chunes said:
    Sage said:
    Chunes said:

Did you not say recently that the cause of our poor defensive record this season is that our wide players (including CBT) offer nothing defensively, and so pull everyone else out of shape? So perhaps you'd say it's not just consistency in the final third that he needs to add. 
    You're right, I did and I stand by the comment. But that has little to do with the point that was being made. He does need to improve in the final third, which I think he will and has done over the last 12 months already. But going away to smaller clubs in the league is not going to be as big of an issue defensively as it is away at the bigger and better teams. Which your original point was that he goes missing in away games against the smaller teams, yet it's been proved that is not really the case at all. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Chunes said:
    Sage said:
    Chunes said:
    Sage said:
    Chunes said:

You're right, I did and I stand by the comment. But that has little to do with the point that was being made. He does need to improve in the final third, which I think he will and has done over the last 12 months already. But going away to smaller clubs in the league is not going to be as big of an issue defensively as it is away at the bigger and better teams. Which your original point was that he goes missing in away games against the smaller teams, yet it's been proved that is not really the case at all. 
    Well, can't be right all the time!
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Blackett-Tiler did good yesterday!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Blackett-Tiler did good yesterday!
    His name is Blackett-Taylor.