Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Corey Blackett-Taylor - (p34 - signed for Derby on loan til the end of the season)

Comments

• Options
    I thought it was Taylor-Blackett?
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Chunes said:
    He seems to have a habit of going missing in away games against smaller teams. 

Not against Morecambe, where he was involved with shots at goal and going past his man with ease. At times he looks like a decent Championship player but unfortunately he can also look like a park player. 

Any decent coach would want to work with Corey Blackett-Taylor because all the components are there: two footed with pace who can play on either flank as well as  beating a player on the inside or outside.

The jury is out on his football brain.
    What Corey lacks at times is composure.
    That can't necessarily be sorted out by football coaches. You are getting into sports psychology.

JRS will probably be loaned out to a Championship side next Season and to let CBT go would've been poor. 

I believe he can still improve at 25.
  • Options
    Corey Blackett and Razzaki
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Not against Morecambe, where he was involved with shots at goal and going past his man with ease. At times he looks like a decent Championship player but unfortunately he can also look like a park player. 

Any decent coach would want to work with Corey Blackett-Taylor because all the components are there: two footed with pace who can play on either flank as well as  beating a player on the inside or outside.

That can't necessarily be sorted out by football coaches. You are getting into sports psychology.

JTS will probably be loaned out to a Championship side next Season and to let CBT go would've been poor. 

I don't disagree, he's a great player on his day. I'd certainly keep him for next year and I'd imagine that'll be his last year with us before he's looking for a bigger contract elsewhere. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

JTS will probably be loaned out to a Championship side next Season and to let CBT go would've been poor. 

I don't disagree, he's a great player on his day. I'd certainly keep him for next year and I'd imagine that'll be his last year with us before he's looking for a bigger contract elsewhere. 
    The alternative tactic from the club... If Wigan made an offer in January why let him leave at the end of his Contract this summer for nothing. 

The club could well have taken up the option, expecting better offers in the summer, and don't expect him to be here next season as a result. 
  • Options
    Corey Blackett and Razzaki
    Pr'aps.
  • Options
    Love Curbs’ renaming antics, mind you my missus came to the Valley with me for the first time in over a decade last weekend and showed she pays partial attention to what I say about Charlton. She can be more vocal than me at a game (shame) and was shouting out ‘come on Raki Saki’ several times until I had enough amusement and corrected her. Unlike Curbs she then got it right…
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Blackett-Tiler did good yesterday!
    His name is Blackett-Taylor.
    Keep your shirt on
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    He does make the wrong choices sometimes and his shooting can be hit and miss but I'm sure any defender he is up against is fearful of his pace and if I was a manager, I would think I could get more out of him. 8 goals is a decent return so far too so if we are going to have players in the team, we need a few more like him who actually score a reasonable number.
  • Options
    He does make the wrong choices sometimes and his shooting can be hit and miss but I'm sure any defender he is up against is fearful of his pace and if I was a manager, I woud think I could get more out of him. 8 goals is a decent return so far too so if we are going to have players in the team, we need a few more like him who actually score a reasonable number.
    7 goals ! :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Expect no more or less from a Charlton jinx. 

Extend contract
    Score 2 goals to win us a game
    Out rest of the season 

Nobody wins....again
  • Options
    Of course. Wouldn’t expect it any other way! 
  • Options
    Yesterday’s scan revealed a more serious problem than at first anticipated 😞.
  • Options
    unbelievable 
  • Options
    Shit news as always. 
  • Options
    So we are going to go into next season with Aneke, CBT, Innis, Sess (probably extend him as if he wasn't injury prone would be in the league above etc).
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    So we are going to go into next season with Aneke, CBT, Innis, Sess (probably extend him as if he wasn't injury prone would be in the league above etc).
    Sessegnon is only on loan from Fulham
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, I probably should have said 're-loan' him for another season, rather than extend, but meant the exact same thing ;)
  • Options
    Incredibly frustrating.

I still think we left ourselves one winger short in January, especially given that Payne seems to be preferred in the middle of the park. It doesn't really matter now I suppose, we don't have anything to play for, so we can go back to 3-5-2 even though we haven't exactly looked brilliant with that. At least that could give Kanu more of a chance.
  • Options
  • Options
    Leko!
  • Options
    Callumcafc said:
    Well done CBT but seeing Leko in any team of the week is just... weirdly unsettling.
  • Options
    Even more so when you consider he doesn't play for Barnsley.
  • Options
    They probably mean Devante Cole who got a hat trick for Barnsley. Leko is at MKD I think.
  • Options
    They probably mean Devante Cole who got a hat trick for Barnsley. Leko is at MKD I think.
    Leko got two well taken goals to be fair.