Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Corey Blackett-Taylor - (p34 - signed for Derby on loan til the end of the season)

Comments

• Options
    I'd like to see him off the bench more. 
  • Options
    I just want to see him consistently perform and work hard. If he had a work ethic like someone such as Edun or Dobson, he'd be incredible. But he hasn't and I doubt ever will. If he was that good we'd be fending off million pound bids, but we arent are we?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'm with Daz on this one. 

There is a talent there but he makes the wrong decision more often than not. If he were consistent he'd be a level above.
    Proof in the pudding regarding the crossing. Game against Leyton, id love to know how many crosses he put in the box in total, he put one across the box low and like magic, Dobson and Maynwerw glueing up to tap it home. It's not rocket science is it?
  • Options
    Seems fitter this season, like to see him swap over to the right in games to mix things up at tomes
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    I just want to see him consistently perform and work hard. If he had a work ethic like someone such as Edun or Dobson, he'd be incredible. But he hasn't and I doubt ever will. If he was that good we'd be fending off million pound bids, but we arent are we?
    If any of our players were to be excellent consistently they wouldn’t be our players. Pretty much every player at this level is defective in some way.
  • Options
    Seems fitter this season, like to see him swap over to the right in games to mix things up at tomes
    I’d do this on Saturday. Asiimwe has done well but we are asking too much of him at the moment. Edun has looked good but playing 3-5-2 it’s difficult to get him and CBT in the same team. So I’d play CBT on the right and Edun on the left 
  • Options
    I don't know what they do in training, but if they have any sense they'd be dedicating at least 30 minutes a day to CBT cutting in from the wing and curling shots into the corner.
    Sometimes only practice and repetitive actions over time, solve a problem.
    This is the one aspect of CBT's game that needs working on, and rectifying.
    The bloke can shoot, he's done it before, he has a good powerful shot.
    He just needs to find composure and consistency.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I think this boils down to unrealistic expectations of wingers. I mean even Rak-Sakyi went the first 2/3rds of the season being criticised for his end product, before his goal tally reached a hard-to-argue amount.

CBT has 2 assists in 4 games, if he can get 10 assists this season with a handful of goals, he'd have done his job. (The same assist tally last season would've seen him #1 in the league). 
    Agreed. He is frustrating to watch at times but I think a lot of that comes down to the fact that he is our only attacking outlet. Our entire game plan seems to be to give it out wide and hope for individual magic. Last season we had JRS on the other side but this season all hope sits with CBT
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Exciting player to watch - surprised he is still here.
  • Options
    Hate to say it but I am not excited by him anymore - He's quite predictable and his shooting/crossing are so erratic you just know off his 200 shots per game maybe one won't go out of play. 
  • Options
    You'd like to see him off the bench with somebody else starting (Kirk/DJ) now, or in the good old ideal world that never aligns with Charlton?

CBT has had a pretty good start to the season. He's played out of position with a work rate and desire. I'm quite happy with him at the moment. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    You'd like to see him off the bench with somebody else starting (Kirk/DJ) now, or in the good old ideal world that never aligns with Charlton?

CBT has had a pretty good start to the season. He's played out of position with a work rate and desire. I'm quite happy with him at the moment. 
    3-5-2 

Brewer
    Jones - Ness - Thomas 
    Asiimwe - Camara - Dobson - Anderson - Edun
    Kanu - May
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Hate to say it but I am not excited by him anymore - He's quite predictable and his shooting/crossing are so erratic you just know off his 200 shots per game maybe one won't go out of play. 
    he pisses me off. Personally it just shows how far we've fallen if we are willing to accept such mediocrity at the club. Bowyer would have bombed him out by now for his laziness. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:

3-5-2 

Brewer
    Jones - Ness - Thomas 
    Kanu - May
    this all day long with a cherry on top
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:

3-5-2 

Brewer
    Jones - Ness - Thomas 
    Kanu - May
    Very little creativity in that lineup
    Stop the goals coming in at our end first. If we keep conceding more than one per game, we're quickly going to be struggling to tread water. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:

3-5-2 

Brewer
    Jones - Ness - Thomas 
    Kanu - May
    CBT in for Asiimwe. Otherwise I just don’t think we score. Leaving out the player that’s created most of our chances and goals doesn’t feel like a good idea 

I would personally keep Hector in too, he made a horrible error but I still think we are better off sticking with him and hoping he gets less rusty the more he plays 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    NabySarr said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:

3-5-2 

Brewer
    Jones - Ness - Thomas 
    Kanu - May
    CBT in for Asiimwe. Otherwise I just don’t think we score. Leaving out the player that’s created most of our chances and goals doesn’t feel like a good idea 

I would personally keep Hector in too, he made a horrible error but I still think we are better off sticking with him and hoping he gets less rusty the more he plays 
    The whole point was how we can set up without CBT... Something we should really be considering given his injury record. 
  • Options
    That run after the hat trick lives long in my memory.
  • Options
    CBT gets the ball. He attacks the full back. We get off our seats in anticipation. CBT easily beats his man. He whizzes towards the penalty area.Then he smacks the ball over the bar, into the side netting or wildly across the goal. Then we all sigh and sit back down again. Occasionally CBT picks out his man and we score a goal. Yay!
    I like CBT because he is exciting. He reminds me a bit of Kevin Lisbie who was skilful but hardly ever scored when through on a one on one so in the end I had zero expectation of him scoring, (apart from his amazing hat-trick day against Liverpool!)
    Kirk shows for the ball. He then hides behind the full back. We groan in our seats in exasperation. Kirk never beats his man. He ambles towards the penalty area.Then he smacks the ball into the fullback, back towards our own goal or aimlessly across the pitch. Then we all sigh and remain seated. Occasionally Kirk picks out a teammate and we recycle the ball. Meh!

• Options
    If you think CBT is the problem and wouldn't start him going forward, then you are mad/stupid. 
  • Options
    just putting things into perspective. I'm not for any minute trying to say Kirk is a better player, but what i am saying it we 100% make him a scapegoat. Proofs in the pudding. Lets compare there stats for us; 

CBT
    73 Games11 Goals9 Assists
    4.108 Minutes Played'

Kirk
    43 Games3 Goals6 Assists2.348 Mins Played'

now if you want to include Kirk's stats from his loans, well it's actually pretty intriguing;

For Burton

14 Games 2 Goals 1 Assist - 764 Minutes Played

Blackpool Loan

9 games 0 goals 3 Assists - 560 Minutes Played

So in total for Kirk for the past 2 seasons

66 games 5 Goals  10 Assists 3672 Minutes Played. 

Not a massive difference between one that is classed as our most creative player and one who almost everyone (myself Included) want us to ditch. Kirk has Assisted one more, in less minutes and games and scored 6 less. Now if that doesn't show you that they are both as shit as each other, nothing will. 
  • Options
    one thing i will say on Kirk is Edun is the perfect foil for him, If you look at the relationship in which he had his best spell at Crewe, his LB was Pickering. If we played a formation to suit his style, i think Edun would be the ideal person behind him to get the best out of Kirk.