Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Corey Blackett-Taylor - (p34 - signed for Derby on loan til the end of the season)

Comments

• Options
    Genuine question rather than a dog at not signing a striker: I'm I remembering rightly that he played upfront a few times when he was younger?  Sure I saw it somewhere.
  • Options
    He has many of the attributes to play as a striker apart from probably the most important one.
  • Options
    I don't think he likes doing headers. Apart from that, worth a go
  • Options
    And he has zero composure in front of goal. Surely nobody has missed that one.
  • Options
    I like CBT but he can’t really do much apart from run and cross 
  • Options
    Yep agreed. He seems to get a rush of blood to the head and pulls his shots or chooses the wrong option. Not got the killer instinct.
  • Options
    I don't disagree.
  • Options
    After Garner’s 4-4-2/4-2-2-2 experiment on Wednesday I’d say it’s more likely JRS would play up front. CBT is better suited to one of the wide midfield roles.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I like him too. He terrifies defenders, but he will never be a striker because he just doesn't have the instincts. 5 would be the best return I reckon and that isn't great as part of a front three I would want about 40 to 45 from at a minimum this season if we are going to do anything. That can be more than three players of course but only three will be playing at the same time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the website JRS is in the forwards section where-as DJ, CBT & Kirk are all in the midfielders sectionScoham said:
    After Garner’s 4-4-2/4-2-2-2 experiment on Wednesday I’d say it’s more likely JRS would play up front. CBT is better suited to one of the wide midfield roles.

• Options
    Rejected a bid from Wigan. I guess it comes down to it being In Sandgaard’s interests that we stay up, he reduces the wage bill and leaves the next owner’s with players they can potentially sell.
  • Options
    Interesting. Not that I would want to lose CBT because he is incredibly exciting to watch on his day.

But his inconsistency in both performance and fitness makes me question whether he is championship quality.

Though I suppose Wigan are likely looking at next year already. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Rejected a bid from Wigan. I guess it comes down to it being In Sandgaard’s interests that we stay up, he reduces the wage bill and leaves the next owner’s with players they can potentially sell.
    Was it a swap deal with Gwion Edwards, seeing that we nearly signed him from Wigan?
  • Options
    The shit storm that followed O'Connell's departure would have been nothing compared to CBT going. My feeling would be the same for both, over rated ! 
  • Options

What do those stats represent Callum, is that the top of the table suggesting CBT is the third best in league one?
  • Options
    edited February 2023

What do those stats represent Callum, is that the top of the table suggesting CBT is the third best in league one?

Yes, and JRS fifth.

Effectively saying we have two of the most threatening wingers in the league. It doesn't measure end product (ie the result of shots or key passes made) which is an entirely different discussion...
  • Options

Yes, and JRS fifth.

Effectively saying we have two of the most threatening wingers in the league. It doesn't measure end product (ie the result of shots or key passes made) which is an entirely different discussion...
    Lol, two of the most threatening wingers in the league. Who is compiling the chart, Stevie Wonder.
  • Options

Only in one stat are they the 3rd and 5th best which is chance creating dribbles. They also perform well in 'key pass ending' which shows they are able to create goalscoring chances too. 

If you look at the 'shot ending', 'goal ending' and 'assist ending' it shows where our problem lies. We create the chances but then can't finish them off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2023

Yes, and JRS fifth.

Lol, two of the most threatening wingers in the league. Who is compiling the chart, Stevie Wonder.
    Last time I checked JRS was the top-scoring winger in the league
  • Options

Only in one stat are they the 3rd and 5th best which is chance creating dribbles. They also perform well in 'key pass ending' which shows they are able to create goalscoring chances too. 

If you look at the 'shot ending', 'goal ending' and 'assist ending' it shows where our problem lies. We create the chances but then can't finish them off.
    Which is blindingly obvious when Stockley had 2 goals, 1 of which was a penalty, Aneke 1 and Bonne stuck on 0. 

You dont need stats to show we are shit up front. 
  • Options

Yes, and JRS fifth.

They both regularly have full backs on toast 🤷‍♂️ 
  • Options
    edited February 2023

Total chance creating carries = shot ending carries + key pass ending carries. 

All it shows is that our wingers have a stronger preference for passing/crossing than the other players shown.

Collins goes for the shot over 70% of the time (40 of his 57 total chance creating carries end in a shot) while CBT (56.8%) and JRS (55%) are almost as likely to pass as they are to shoot.

- As an aside…

“Goal ending” and “assist ending” metrics would’ve perhaps been better shown as a percentage of shot ending and key pass ending respectively…

Goal ending: 12% CBT, 4.5% JRS, (Collins 12.5%)
    Assist ending: 10.5% CBT, 11.1% JRS, (Collins 35.2%)
  • Options

Which is blindingly obvious when Stockley had 2 goals, 1 of which was a penalty, Aneke 1 and Bonne stuck on 0. 

You dont need stats to show we are shit up front. 
    I'm not disputing where our problems lie but should leaburn be included in the above?
  • Options
    Interesting discussion...

Most would agree that JRS and CBT are our two most (only) threatening players yet they rarely , if ever, pass to our lone centre forward - whoever he is. 

For me, they dash about on the wing with flashes of genuine skill and pace but it's often an entirely independent effort from the other nine payers on the pitch.  

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Scoham said:
    JRS will be in the Championship next season and clubs will be looking at CBT.

Yes they’re inconsistent but they’re good players at this level. Having a striker suited to the lone role with Leaburn as an alternative would make a big difference - someone who’d score more from the chances they get, take pressure off the defence with their hold up play and their quality leading to more chances being created.

The third CM was a weakness too which is why we brought in Kilkenny. We also needed better full backs for when Sess and Egbo aren’t available which is why we signed two in the window.

I know many don’t rate them but JRS and CBT both have the potential to be part of something better, unlike a lot of other players in our squad.
    They do in the right team but we are too reliant on them. I think we need a ruthless clear out where we focus on wing backs and inject some goals in the team from a number of positions. It is obvious that they are our main threat and that is part of the problem. To be fair to them, if we didn't have them now we would be relegated.
  • Options
    Interesting discussion...

Most would agree that JRS and CBT are our two most (only) threatening players yet they rarely , if ever, pass to our lone centre forward - whoever he is. 

For me, they dash about on the wing with flashes of genuine skill and pace but it's often an entirely independent effort from the other nine payers on the pitch.  

entirely independent effort from the other nine payers on the pitch.”

Thats exactly what it is, great way of putting it.