Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Corey Blackett-Taylor - (p34 - signed for Derby on loan til the end of the season)

Comments

• Options
    Looking forward to seeing him play tbh, be nice to have some pace in the side again.

I may be way off the mark, but a short term deal on a punt (no offence intended), doesn't scream to me that we're confident of getting who we need in at the end of the window. 
  • Options
    Supposedly some compensation was/is due to Tranmere, presumably as he's under 24.

I wonder how much the short contract reduces that EG "his value is low as we've only given him four months so here's two bob, Tranmere".

Are we gaming the system or is that fee still payable regardless or will be when he signs a longer deal.

On paper not a deal to get excited about so I can understand some fans scepticism (others are professionally negative) but "bad attitude" doesn't include coming on trial at your own expense or taking a four month deal IMHO.

We'll just have to see how it works out but it is another body and not a loan so clearly we're not just relying on loans. They will come at the end.

As it stands this has been a C+ of a transfer window, in my view, too little and too late, but the times to finally judge the window are when it closes and, ultimately, when the season ends.
    Did Tranmere offer him a contract? 
    Believe so but can't say I know.
  • Options
    Not a signing to get you excited about.  However, let's see what he can do before making a judgement.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Good luck Corey…enjoy ur stay with us,let’s hope it works out for both club & your self,but just one thing,please don’t become my daughters fav player…it will cost the earth to get your name on her shirt…😣…😂😂,welcome to the Cafc family…
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I feel sorry for this bloke. Written off before he gets a chance by too many people. Never have I wanted a player to come on and prove people wrong so much. 
    100% - Just give the Kid a chance. This may be the place that it all clicks for him and he develops a great career. 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    I really don't know what, or whom, people expect us to be signing;

1. We are a league 1 club
    2. We have, it would seem, a lot lower budget than many others in league 1
    3. We are London/SE, so the cost of living means like for like players will financially want more to come here than say a Wigan or an Ipswich etc.

If we are after a sh1t hot league one player then you can bet your bottom dollar many other clubs are also, and on the basis above we will lose out 9 times out of 10.

Our best bet right now is loans of the Cullen/Bielik ilk as we simply won't be buying top league 1 players 9 times out of 10.
    We all live in this area and almost all of us are not on 3-5k a week so I don't see why a footballer couldn't afford to live around the SE London, Kent area. If push comes to shove they could always live in their Range Rovers,one of  the most pointlessly expensive vehicle one could buy and run which footballers always seem to crave.

Steve Brown and Gary Nelson used to live in Brighton which wasn't cheap in the 90's, never mind now , and travel up at their own expense most days. 

Why is the modern footballer regarded as being so bleedin' precious . They are virtually part time anyway , the amount of time they train .
    Why would brown and nelson not travel to work at their own expense. An annual train season ticket from dartford to London is what, £3k? Do employers pay that. You make valid points and then ruin it with needless comments about old players all the time.
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Who honestly had heard of Tarique Fosu or had expectations of him when he arrived? 20 something, 1 game for Reading, couple of loan spells in lower leagues. Did alright for a while didn’t he? Change of manager and there was a change of trajectory 
    His old manager had another punt on him
    How did that turn out?
    What? Premier league you say?
    Welcome Corey. If things go half as well as they did for TF we’ll all be delighted 
    This division’s pony and you’re at the right club to rip thru it no doubt 
    That’s a very good example. 
  • Options
    People saying that Tranmere fans didn’t rate him, obviously missed the quote I and others posted up yesterday, some Tranmere fans at least did rate him. They also explained the reasons why he didn’t play much last year. I wonder if certain whinging whining posters that continually complain at everything, have selected reading abilities and deliberately do not read anything positive that is written about the latest thing that they are complaining or commenting about. 
    Spot on. They likely did see your posts, but chose to ignore it as doesn’t fit it with there dislike for the recruitment team at this time. Twitter is where they get there factual information 😉
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    We will only have just managed to put his name on the back of his team shirts before the contract will have ended.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    AndyG said:
    I feel sorry for this bloke. Written off before he gets a chance by too many people. Never have I wanted a player to come on and prove people wrong so much. 
    Given that it sounds like he got off his arse and was instrumental in trialling out and getting a 5 month contract until the January window (if he’s any good that contract will no doubt get revisited pretty quickly) then I suspect he may be quite happy that it’s being nicely set up by doubters to showcase his talents and have an impact (which be must a likely possibility otherwise he wouldn’t have got the 5 month contract). Welcome to cafc Corey, it looks like you’ve joined the right club. 
  • Options
    Supposedly some compensation was/is due to Tranmere, presumably as he's under 24.

I wonder how much the short contract reduces that EG "his value is low as we've only given him four months so here's two bob, Tranmere".

Are we gaming the system or is that fee still payable regardless or will be when he signs a longer deal.

On paper not a deal to get excited about so I can understand some fans scepticism (others are professionally negative) but "bad attitude" doesn't include coming on trial at your own expense or taking a four month deal IMHO.

We'll just have to see how it works out but it is another body and not a loan so clearly we're not just relying on loans. They will come at the end.

As it stands this has been a C+ of a transfer window, in my view, too little and too late, but the times to finally judge the window are when it closes and, ultimately, when the season ends.
    Don’t think they are entitled to anything if they didn’t.
  • Options

If there is even a hint that compensation is due I'd guess most clubs would offer a token contract, even if they know full well it will be rejected.
  • Options
    edited August 2021

If there is even a hint that compensation is due I'd guess most clubs would offer a token contract, even if they know full well it will be rejected.
    Has to be at least equivalent terms, I think.

Believe we offered Fosu a deal to get a fee, knowing he wouldn’t accept it.
  • Options

I don’t know but doesn’t the offered contract have to be equal to the expiring one or better ? Otherwise a club could offer 50p and a bag of Hoola Hoops just to ensure compensation?
  • Options
    I think the reason this has divided opinion is not so much the player himself, more so that it’s the type of signing and the feeling that this is similar to what we’re likely to be bringing in between now and deadline day 

If Blackett Taylor was being signed in addition to players with bigger status, then I don’t think we’d see any other reaction than good addition to the squad etc etc.  it’s because we’re not overly enamoured with the business we’ve done so far and the results to date, that we have this division of opinion

For me, I think this what we’re going to have to get use to as the type of player we bring in now.  Probably going to be a long season 
  • Options

I don’t know but doesn’t the offered contract have to be equal to the expiring one or better ? Otherwise a club could offer 50p and a bag of Hoola Hoops just to ensure compensation?
    Make it 60p and a bag of beef Monster Munch and I'm yorn
  • Options
    Problem we have with this sort of signing is that if he doesn’t hit the ground running those with a downer on him and/or the recruitment team will get on his back. I hope that doesn’t happen, but expect it will. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    I think the reason this has divided opinion is not so much the player himself, more so that it’s the type of signing and the feeling that this is similar to what we’re likely to be bringing in between now and deadline day 

If Blackett Taylor was being signed in addition to players with bigger status, then I don’t think we’d see any other reaction than good addition to the squad etc etc.  it’s because we’re not overly enamoured with the business we’ve done so far and the results to date, that we have this division of opinion

For me, I think this what we’re going to have to get use to as the type of player we bring in now.  Probably going to be a long season 
    Gallen talked about good players becoming available the end of the window, presumably he’s mainly thinking about loans. Those will be players coming in to play, clubs won’t loan them out otherwise. We have clear gaps at left back and central midfield to fill.

CBT is different, he’s here as cover for Kirk and DJ. If it doesn’t work out we’ll look elsewhere in January.

Where we may see similar underwhelming signings come in is as cover up front, in goal and possibly a right sided CB.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gribbo said:

No deal. Pickled onion?
  • Options
    People were saying we should sign that Gomes fella and yet the club decided he wasn’t worth it, but they see fit to give this fella a go which on that basis would indicate they may think he’s better suited to us. So are the same people saying we should have signed Gomes, and shouldn’t have signed this bloke?. Bet there are!!! 😂
  • Options
    He clearly has the talent and attitude appears to have been his problem. Perhaps a chance at a bigger club will be the kick up the arse he needs. 
  • Options
    He clearly has the talent and attitude appears to have been his problem. Perhaps a chance at a bigger club will be the kick up the arse he needs. 
    The way we’re going, he’ll get the chance to play for a bigger club in four months time!!!😂
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

No deal. Pickled onion?

Gone of pickled onions after Shooties story on the other thread
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Problem we have with this sort of signing is that if he doesn’t hit the ground running those with a downer on him and/or the recruitment team will get on his back. I hope that doesn’t happen, but expect it will. 
    It’s all context. Nobody would care if we’d signed a solid squad already. It’s the fact we haven’t which is putting an unreasonable burden of expectation on this player from fans. We’ve taken punts on lots of lower league players in the past.
    Indeed. Which is why getting off to a good start will be particularly crucial. People were pretty patient with players like Jonny Williams, whose first contribution was to play the ball into touch, in slightly more positive times. But CBT could become the focus of fans’ current ire. 
  • Options
    Football at this level is all about players we have no or little knowledge of,Baur,Cullen,Beiich,had we heard of them ,not me,and yet they and others played brilliantly for us.Give everyone who joins us the chance to prove themselves,if it does not work out,well thats football,our new lads have played three games,and some are dismissing them already,no doubt if Charlie Kirk plays today and doesnt do well,the knives will be out,the last thing we need today is any negativity from the crowd,no booing,certainly not the "not fit to wear the shirt" nonsense.
  • Options
    I don't see CBT having much pressure on him. He's a squad player on a short term deal, if it works out, great, if it doesn't, well we'll move on.

Similarly young Deji had no real pressure on him on Tuesday. If he played well, he gets the credit. If he struggled, then the flak would go to the management for sending a 17 year on and not having an experienced right footed back up defender in the squad.

Kirk has far more pressure on him, as he's the player we've been chasing for ages, that we paid a decent fee for and gave a 4 year contract to (and presumably much higher wages than CBT too). Especially as he's spent all his career at Crewe, so it's a major step up in expectations for him.
  • Options
    Let's hope he match fit and not needing 2 months or more to get so.