Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Corey Blackett-Taylor - (p34 - signed for Derby on loan til the end of the season)

Comments

• Gone off the boil since Adkins left probably due to formation change and the unbeaten run. He has come on as sub a couple of times but not been as effective as earlier in the season. 
  • Jacko clearly sees something in him. Hopefully he can get his head down now and work to nail down a starting place either up front or in that wing back role.
  • Wonder what the plans is for Kirk?
    and has there been any word on Leko’s injury?
  • Jacko clearly sees something in him. Hopefully he can get his head down now and work to nail down a starting place either up front or in that wing back role.
    Does Jackson clearly see something?  I am not saying he doesn't but does Jackson actually have any say on contract length? 
  • Chunes said:
    He earned it but a little surprised we have signed him because we have four wingers and play a formation with no wingers. 
    I can see us shifting to a 343 some games with the 4 being wingbacks and more defensively minded central midfielders, and 2 wingers up by Stockley
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Jacko clearly sees something in him. Hopefully he can get his head down now and work to nail down a starting place either up front or in that wing back role.
    Does Jackson clearly see something?  I am not saying he doesn't but does Jackson actually have any say on contract length? 
    Be massively shocked if he didn't, wouldn't you?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Jacko clearly sees something in him. Hopefully he can get his head down now and work to nail down a starting place either up front or in that wing back role.
    The contract length maybe not but I honestly expected him to be released or at best get another six month deal to the summer.

I would be shocked if they didn’t ask for Jacko’s input, what he sees, how he thinks he can contribute etc.
  • Good news.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Don't see something or didn't have a say in contract length?

I would be shocked if he didn't see something, I wouldn't if he had no say in the contract length.  Other than a veto on any contract. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Don't see something or didn't have a say in contract length?

I would be shocked if he didn't see something, I wouldn't if he had no say in the contract length.  Other than a veto on any contract. 
    Sorry, contract length. I'm not saying Jackson would have the power to say right give him a 3 year deal (and wouldn't expect any different even if he was permanent manager), but I'd be concerned if Sandgaard, Roddy etc didn't ask him for his opinion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    The contract length maybe not but I honestly expected him to be released or at best get another six month deal to the summer.

I would be shocked if they didn’t ask for Jacko’s input, what he sees, how he thinks he can contribute etc.
    I am not saying that Jackson's had no in put.   I am saying that I am not convinced that the contract length is any reflection on it.  I maybe wrong but the longest contracts under Bowyer were to JD and Rocket Ronnie and Kirk under Adkins.

Anyway it doesn't matter anyway its good news however we got there. 
  • Excellent news.
  • ct_addick said:
    Gone off the boil since Adkins left probably due to formation change and the unbeaten run. He has come on as sub a couple of times but not been as effective as earlier in the season. 
    Which is why I'm slightly surprised with the contract announcement, as he doesn't seem to suit the formation we play now. It means we have THREE wingers under long term contract now (DJ, Kirk, CBT) which is quite a commitment
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I am not saying that Jackson's had no in put.   I am saying that I am not convinced that the contract length is any reflection on it.  I maybe wrong but the longest contracts under Bowyer were to JD and Rocket Ronnie and Kirk under Adkins.

Anyway it doesn't matter anyway its good news however we got there. 
    Think it was just a misunderstanding - I'm not saying Jackson went ahead and demanded a certain length of contract but to get any kind of deal at all past the end of this season, he must've been asked for his opinion.
  • edited November 2021
    Chunes said:
    He earned it but a little surprised we have signed him because we have four wingers and play a formation with no wingers. 

Planning for next season:

Unfinished business - 433 The Return.

Ged Roddy - "This time, it's personal" 

• ross1 said:
    I think this sums it up rather nicely. We now have him tied down for a couple of years. Can loan him out if needs be or develop him further & sell him on for a fee. He has what defender hate.....pace. 

• But surprised myself. He has pace but doesn’t offer much else in my opinion. Not seen much of an end product in the games I’ve seen but Jacko must have seen something so in him we trust.
  • Sponsored links:

• Two good feet, excellent news and gives a plan B type option who can play right, left and maybe even central if needs must.
  • But surprised myself. He has pace but doesn’t offer much else in my opinion. Not seen much of an end product in the games I’ve seen but Jacko must have seen something so in him we trust.
    I am not at all surprised. Has looked very good in some games and put in a lot of good crosses. 
    Under Atkins he looked the only player that could make a difference and I was worried that one of our competitors would nip in and nick him.
  • Don't see him starting many games but he's a good option to have if we change formation or need an impact sub later in games. Nothing really to lose for us, he's young, he won't be on silly wages and it ties him down until 2023.

We've all questioned our transfer business in recent years and how we have to change half the squad every summer, so this is another step in the right direction towards being an actual normal well-run football club. Summer 2022 will be the first time in years we won't need to go and sign 10 new players.
  • I really wasn't sure about him when he first arrived but in the pizza game against Crawley he was excellent, admittedly against poor opposition. Pleased to see him sign. Yes, he's inconsistent, but what winger at this level isn't?
  • Presumably a relatively inexpensive scenario so a decent squad option given the flashes of brilliance he has shown. Slightly surprised at the length of contract as his past suggests that he comes with no guarantee.  Bet they wish they hadn’t splashed out on the (up to now) woeful Kirk.  Could have saved a few Bob if they could have predicted CBT would come good and we would need fewer out and out wingers. Ho hum. 
  • Chunes said:
    I think he is a great option from the bench and has qualities that can hurt teams that might lack pace at the back.
  • Corey is more powerful than he appears. Has quite a stride on him when running at full pelt. Personally, I'd like to see him on tried out at RWB with Purrington/Castillo at LWB.

We have Leko/DJ/CBT battling out for one wing back position. That's great, but the only issue being neither is a wing back and will be playing ahead of Clare who is not a natural RCB. 
  • Funnily enough, I thought he was the only main threat we had in the first half. Curbs seemed to be saying the same, as when I went for a nasty pint at half time, saw his highlights reel being displayed.