Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Corey Blackett-Taylor - (p34 - signed for Derby on loan til the end of the season)

Comments

• that’s a relief  looked a bit dejected going off like he was saying ‘ oh no not again’, when he’s been fit, he’s been a positive in the main. Especially as the general consensus was that he wasn’t going to cut it.pleased for him.👍
  • Phew... Been outstanding these last two games
  • Thought he hurt himself with that thunderbolt of a goal   ;)
  • I'm slightly surprised that he wasn't injured, as didn't the physio treat him before he went off? You don't do that if a player is just tired (unless it's a Jason Pearce 90th minute mock injury)
  • Charlton have scored in 18 of the 20 games he has featured in this season but only 11 of the 18 in which he hasn't. An odd player but certainly scares defences. 
  • This lad paid money out of his own pocket to play for us. Hope he has a good career here.
    What does that mean?
  • Bus fares, he doesn’t drive
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton have scored in 18 of the 20 games he has featured in this season but only 11 of the 18 in which he hasn't. An odd player but certainly scares defences. 
    Good stats. He definitely livens this team up.
  • I like him on his "wrong" side as he's able to cut in and shoot or go on the outside and get a cross in. None of our other wing backs offer that in the same way. Expected that sort of threat from Leko but he's had a poor season. DJ is the closest but he doesn't have CBTs pace.
  • Scoham said:
    I like him on his "wrong" side as he's able to cut in and shoot or go on the outside and get a cross in. None of our other wing backs offer that in the same way. Expected that sort of threat from Leko but he's had a poor season. DJ is the closest but he doesn't have CBTs pace.
    I like DJ and yes he can cut in but prefer him and Purrington as wing backs.  But that ages it hard to accommodate CBT in this formation.
  • I feel like that passage of play which lead to his goal, was one of the rare moments this season that our midfield managed to get the ball in front of the opposition box with Charlton players forward and options to pass to. Which meant Burton were pinned into their area.

A position we consistently find ourselves defending in. 
  • I am sure i remember someone was saying in pre season or at the start they had spoke to a player or players and they said he was useless and noone rated him

another madeup story no doubt by people supposedly “in the know”  
  • I am sure i remember someone was saying in pre season or at the start they had spoke to a player or players and they said he was useless and noone rated him

another madeup story no doubt by people supposedly “in the know”  

"Straight from the training ground"
  • Sponsored links:

• Excellent signing. Interesting how he has worked out playing out of position and from the league below, thanks Kirk. Add DJ to that who has had more time at the club. 

It's good to see somebody grab their chance and showcase their skills, without the need for such an extended break in period. 

He affects games directly.
  • It would be interesting to know how we initially spotted him, was it scouting L2 games, the black box, approached by his agent etc?
  • he really gives us something we dont have, something to be honest we expected from leko/kirk/DJ with far more outlay. think his last two performances could give us an insight to how we may set up next season, with better players around him (hopefully) that he can link up and produce an end product with, we might have one piece of a difficult puzzle in place
  • I think DJ is typically League 1 inconsistent, but can do much of what CBT can do, simply without the pace. His main issue appears to be a lack of confidence. Something many of our players seem to suffer with. 
  • CBT has been the only player I've really enjoyed watching this season.
  • CBT has been the only player I've really enjoyed watching this season.
    100% agree. My negative feelings about this season are not even based on our results tbh. I want to watch my team and occasionally feel that sense of anticipation and get on the edge of my seat when a player is going to be doing something exciting. He is the only player really that has done that. TBH the season has been a bit of a borefest regardless of the results
  • Scoham said:
    It would be interesting to know how we initially spotted him, was it scouting L2 games, the black box, approached by his agent etc?
    I believe CBT may have approached us, or at least his agent did.

I've read somewhere that after his contract expired, he didn't want to stay at Tranmere (change of manager, etc, missing out on promotion from League 2, etc) and wanted to try his luck at a higher level.

He pitched up at Wigan during the summer, where he spent an extended period on trial, in fact did most of the pre-season there.
    But for whatever reason, it never worked out.

Remember, when he came to us, he was on trial and even after we signed him it was originally only a short term contract until 31 December.
    Surely if he'd been a 'Black Box' product, we would've signed him on a full length  contract straightaway?