Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Corey Blackett-Taylor - (p34 - signed for Derby on loan til the end of the season)

Comments

• Options
    If the Chelsea loanee eventually ends up starting at LWB, it will be interesting to see what JJ does with RWB - CBT or Jaiyesmi.
  • Options
    He had their defender absolutely on toast first half and the only issue was that we kept passing the ball to his head!
  • Options
    He had their defender absolutely on toast first half and the only issue was that we kept passing the ball to his head!
    It was the main change at half-time that brought about the improvement in the Second Half.

I spotted that Aneke was mightily pissed off in the First Half as Inniss and Famewo were continually looking left and hitting long balls to Blackett-Taylor.  I'm sure this was spoken about during the interval.

Second Half we started playing balls up to Aneke almost exclusively and that made a difference.

I'd certainly try Blackett-Taylor down the right if and when Castillo comes into the team ... but that's more a reflection of my negativity towards Jaiyesimi than anything else.
  • Options
    Wing-back in this formation is an intensive role. Whoever starts generally shouldn't finish the game. That's why having 4 players that can play there is incredibly important. Hence why CBT emerging as a viable option is a good thing, even with the Castillo signing. If DJ knows he need only give an hour's effort, he might not pace himself as he's been doing to an extent 
  • Options
  • Options
    Interesting that Jacko has varied in recent games his wing backs from his default defender at left wing back, winger at right wing back tactic, and in the last 3 games has played a winger on the left
  • Options
    Football is about taking your opportunities when you are given to you. Fair play to CBT. Really like him as a person and a player. When trying to put together a promotion winning squad next season, I am convinced there is a place for CBT in there. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    his pace is frightening, that run in the first half he literally left them all for dead - was so unlucky that shot didn't go in either
  • Options
    He showed today why he didnt sign a new deal with Tranmere

On his day he's too good for League Two, far too good

Not to be big headed though, but for a club with expectations like us, he now needs to find that sort of display on a more consistent basis - Probably one of the contenders for "Most Frustrating Player" of the year award, as he's outstanding on his day, but can probably count on one hand how many times he's done it so far.
  • Options
    I find him very frustrating to watch - seems to run straight to byline at full speed, head down, then struggles to find a good option so either blasts the ball into the defender or has to cut back. 

His pace is dangerous at this level, no argument at all there and he's a good option but he's no Liam Millar. 
  • Options
    A great player going forward, and I would say no more in-and-out of form than any good winger at this level, so I like him as an option. But, from what I have seen, he just does not have the skills to play wing-back which is going to be a problem in this system.
  • Options
    He's a good free transfer. If we have him a bit further up the pitch, and get him to cross to Stockley/Aneke, it could be quite dangerous.
  • Options
    Needs to improve his end product.  For all his pace and skill last night I am not sure he.actually created a decent chance did he.  I like him and if you could get him to produce end product there would be some player there.
  • Options
    Can't we just use that latest line here - "he wouldn't be in L1 if he did all of that".
  • Options
    Interesting that Jacko has varied in recent games his wing backs from his default defender at left wing back, winger at right wing back tactic, and in the last 3 games has played a winger on the left
    Yeah, I posted much the same thing early in yesterday's Match Thread.

At the time I also speculated part of it was to bring more pace to the flanks on both sides ....... as well as CBT at LWB, hence Matthews being picked at RWB, but capable of dropping back into RCB to cover the athletic Clare overlapping.

Clare has good fitness and pace to get up the line, as we saw with his movement, positioning and cross for our 2nd goal last night.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Sensible from Corey, you've got to respect players for making that sort of decision themselves.

You hear from so many players who dont like to come off for whatever reason, simply because they're worried that the decision will see them losing their place in the team. Just because their replacement manages to hit a bit of form.
  • Options
    When is he due back? Would be a decent option in the wide areas.
  • Options
    When is he due back? Would be a decent option in the wide areas.
    pity he was injured he would have been a decent punt up top.
  • Options
    I hate Leko up front, but can you imagine the pace running at players of Leko and B.Taylor... certainly more scary than Burstow and Leko or Burstow and Lee or Burstow and DJ.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Had more of an impact coming from Tranmere than Leko has from the Championship. 
  • Options
    another injury struck 'player' .. where DO we find them ?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Yeah, I posted much the same thing early in yesterday's Match Thread.

At the time I also speculated part of it was to bring more pace to the flanks on both sides ....... as well as CBT at LWB, hence Matthews being picked at RWB, but capable of dropping back into RCB to cover the athletic Clare overlapping.

Clare has good fitness and pace to get up the line, as we saw with his movement, positioning and cross for our 2nd goal last night.
    Wow, just saw this. 2nd goal! We scored more than one goal!