Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Crewe Alexandra | Saturday 28th August | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Changing your squad for Saturday FA? Where are you going to put Lee?
    You'll have to check the Preview ;)
    I think Watson will start over Dobson. 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Probably win this one, won't be at The Valley on Saturday and the last 3 home league games I've missed where fans can attend we've won 4-0, 3-0 and 5-2
    Take one for the team and don't return! Though at this point I'll be happy just seeing a goal! 
  • Options

MacGillivray

Matthews, Innis, Famewo, Gunter

Dobson, Clare

Jaiyesimi, Lee, Kirk 

Stockley

Harness, Elerewe, Pearce, Watson, CBT, Morgan, Washington

Big fat 0-0

• Options
    edited August 2021
    A Specsavers special...

0-0
  • Options
    Just want a performance i can get behind, clean sheet vital. Lose this one and Adkins is in BIG trouble.
  • Options
    Great preview as usual FA 
    Unfortunately it's got to the stage where the only bit of the day I look forward to is meeting up with my mates for a few beers pre match.
    As for the fastball it's as turgid as I can remember. 
    Hopefully we will bring in a few more players to lift the spirit in the dressing room.
    As for the game itself I reckon a 1.1 bore draw.
    Had to laugh at fastball (slip of the tongue perhaps?)
  • Options
    Must win game as far as I am concerned. If we have aspirations of promotion we must start to show them Saturday against a weakened Crewe, and lets be honest weak or not we should be rolling over the "Crewe's of this league. 
  • Options
    Comfortable 4-0 away win. 
  • Options
    Our season finally gets underway here. 2-1 home win.

Stockley and Lee put us 2-0 up but in true Charlton fashion things are never easy and Crewe score late to give us a nervous last 5 minutes.
  • Options
    Having missed all the games so far due to Holiday I'm well excited for tomorrow, mainly to see my mates for a beer.

as for the football.....ask me again at 5pm!!

2-1 win, Stockley and Lee
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Comfortable 4-0 away win. 
    Better make that 2-4, Stockley and Lee with our goals. 
  • Options
    3-1 home win.
  • Options
    I might be tempting fate but I just cant see Crewe scoring against us tomorrow. If we can score then we win if we cant then a dire 0-0 I think
  • Options
    Fairly comfortable home win, 2-0.
  • Options
    Think your updated team will be spot on FA - Think we'll have enough to beat a reduced Crewe. Hopefully the start of a string of better results!
  • Options
    Can't go due to eye surgery yesterday so bound to miss our first win. 

2-0. Lee & Kirk show how to score a goal.
  • Options
    4 (FOUR) - 0 Stockley 2, Kirk and Innis Will leave us all concerned that TS and the recruitment team will see the clean sheet win and believe we now have the team to challenge for promotion. Those concerns proven unfounded come Tuesday. Addicks on the up…at last! (Not a rumour, just predictions!)
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I didn't want to start a new thread yet, and hope I'm not breaking any forum rules (apologies if I am) but I have 2 x spare vouchers for free adult tickets for this Crewe match (choose your own seats together or seperate) in West -  Block G. Not exactly the most popular section, but happy to give them away free rather than let them go to waste (can send codes over by PM). I ended up with a few from friends, so I have used what I need, and these ones are spare.

You just buy tickets in that block as usual, then add voucher codes on checkout.... They were given out on the vaccination day. Available together or separately. PM me and I will deal with it when I get in from work later.

- If you are going to watch us lose, it may as well not cost you anything! -
  • Options
    edited August 2021

Hope you're right.  Good luck with recovery from the surgery, hope it all goes ok.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3-0 
  • Options
    If Lee plays instead of Morgan, we might just nick this one.
  • Options
    I have problems seeing us scoring a goal at the moment but as it's my birthday tomorrow I'll be optimistic and go for just the one goal defeat. 0-1, the angst continues.
  • Options
    I’d like to see Morgan further back and spraying the ball around. A midfield 2 of Dobson and Clare/Watson is very limited moving the ball forwards 
  • Options

Hope you're right.  Good luck with recovery from the surgery, hope it all goes ok.
    Thanks. All seems ok but a bit of soreness and having to put in 2 lots of eye drops ievery 4 hours and probably cant put my contacts in for another week or 2. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Still saying that Schwartz is still not ready. 

Really think we need to know what the problem is. He has played an U23 game so its not like its something serious. Don't believe a "personal issue" would keep you out of the first team either. Might be mental health issues, but if so why not just say & then we can put it to bed.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Still saying that Schwartz is still not ready. 

Really think we need to know what the problem is. He has played an U23 game so its not like its something serious. Don't believe a "personal issue" would keep you out of the first team either. Might be mental health issues, but if so why not just say & then we can put it to bed.
    I don't see why the club should reveal something like that 
  • Options
    Can't change my mind on Cafc not scoring a goal from open play in August but I will go for a Charlton win from a set piece. 2-1 win from two corners. 1 headed in and a bit of pin ball for the second when Crewe fail to clear.

Look forward to hearing about the win from CL members as I won't be there. Especially @Blucher.
  • Options
    I’d like to see Morgan further back and spraying the ball around. A midfield 2 of Dobson and Clare/Watson is very limited moving the ball forwards 
    He sprays the ball around, generally in the wrong place. I’d like to see Albie further back in changing room,but  I’d settle for the bench so’s not to be too harsh.
  • Options
    I imagine that is exactly what will happen, Dobson and Morgan as the main CMs, Dobson a little more focused on protecting the back 4. Morgan to pick the ball up and lift his head up to release Kirk/DJ/Lee. Sounds decent to me in theory