Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Crewe Alexandra | Saturday 28th August | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    I know the results havent been good so far but I really dont think we have been far away in terms of clicking. Hopefully Lee will start today and we can get on the front foot.
    Pretty confident today 2 or 3 nil victory 
  • Options
    Looking forward to today, I'm going 2-1 Kirk/Stockley. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Thanks for a great preview. 
    Nothing has changed. 
    Gunter and Watson stealing a living
    Morgan not good enough. 
    Schwartz missing from U23, could just be that he is missing in general (as per the last 6+ months). 
    No goal threat
    No creative midfield
    Team confidence low. 
    Manager still an unknown quantity.
    Gilbey and Purrington are only average L1 players. 
    Future looking bleak. 
    Stand by for 1 up front with no service, and another disappointment in a game that true playoff/promotion contenders should have wrapped up in the first half hour. 

Hope I’m wrong.

It's a wonder you get up in the morning with that positive outlook. 
  • Options
    Too early in the season to be desperate for a win. Any win will do
  • Options
    Opposition teams have picked holes and passes in the Innis-Famewo partnership this season. With MacGillivray happy to rush out, some soft goals been leaked which the opposition manager would put down to his masterminding!
  • Options
    Charlton - Boom 💥 Boom 💥 

Crewe - A damp squid 🦑 (apologies IT Crowd)
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    Charlton - Boom 💥 Boom 💥 

Crewe - A damp squid 🦑 (apologies IT Crowd)
    Kent CCC Boom 💥!
  • Options
    Got to get our season started. Pronto!

Don't care how we do it, a 90th minute spawny winner off someone's backside will do, but if we're not careful we could end the day 12 points behind the clubs we were supposed to be competing with to get out of this god-awful league.
  • Options
    Fiiiiish said:
    I didn't want to start a new thread yet, and hope I'm not breaking any forum rules (apologies if I am) but I have 2 x spare vouchers for free adult tickets for this Crewe match (choose your own seats together or seperate) in West -  Block G. Not exactly the most popular section, but happy to give them away free rather than let them go to waste (can send codes over by PM). I ended up with a few from friends, so I have used what I need, and these ones are spare.

You just buy tickets in that block as usual, then add voucher codes on checkout.... They were given out on the vaccination day. Available together or separately. PM me and I will deal with it when I get in from work later.

- If you are going to watch us lose, it may as well not cost you anything! -

FREE TICKETS - For friends/family...

Still unclaimed! Can PM/Whatsapp the codes to you. They work, as I have bought my own tickets with other vouchers I had.

Seems a shame to bin them.
  • Options
    Woke up this morning feeling…optimistic!

Think we’ll win, be happy, and then curse that the international break will disrupt any momentum we can build off of the back of our handsome thrashing of Crewe Alexandra. 

Frankly if we don’t win today then it will paint a very bleak picture for the rest of the season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Instead of getting on the players backs if we get off to a nervy start or go a goal down can we crank up the volume and get behind them.

Please.
    Il keep my eye out and say hello, on my own today. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Instead of getting on the players backs if we get off to a nervy start or go a goal down can we crank up the volume and get behind them.

Please.
    Il keep my eye out and say hello, on my own today. 
    I'll be there 👍
  • Options

• Options
    I haven’t been for years, does anyone know if / how you can get into crossbars before the game? (Is it even still called crossbars?)
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    galps20 said:
    I haven’t been for years, does anyone know if / how you can get into crossbars before the game? (Is it even still called crossbars?)
    I'm there now, free entry from 12. Quite empty atm, was heaving from opening against weds.
  • Options
    Is baby Lee eligible do we know?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Is baby Lee eligible do we know?
    Yes he will be 
  • Options
    Listening to the interview Louis did on Charlton Live with the Crewe fan and sounds like they're in complete disarray so I'm thinking we will win 2 or  3 nil today and hopefully kickstart our season.

• Options
    Singing Sweet Caroline in the Bunch of Grapes London Bridge after cricket win. Time to focus on Crewe. COYR 
  • Options
    My beloved is drinking Negroni and watching Lenny Kravitz on Youtube, which mean the other Lenny will probably miss the first half...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can confidently predict that at 4:50, the CAFC fans will walk out of the stadium happy.
  • Options
    In an arsenal supporter owned bar in Spain - not happy place atm - will log on to charlton tv in a bit then watch the Chelsea Liverpool game -  4th time lucky - think we will win today and turning of the corner commences - no sign of Andy Nelson atm
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Wouldn't expect to see Dobson in the line up today

He's already out on the pitch doing running drills with three others

Ghandour, Roddy, Clayden the other three
  • Options
    Season starts here. 2-0 at least.
  • Options
    Looks like a 442 nice 
  • Options
    some grown up start a match thread please for us lazy fuckers who aren’t there 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Just seeing Lee in the team line-up has made me happy. Can we now sign someone called Humphrey please. Please. 

I hope he's watched videos of his Dad playing for us in The Premier League. What an inspiration!

Here's hoping Lee scores and we win 2-1 carrying on from the Stoke home game. Today is the first game Back at The Vallee.
  • Options
    Just seeing Lee in the team line-up has made me happy. Can we now sign someone called Humphrey please. Please. 

I hope he's watched videos of his Dad playing for us in The Premier League. What an inspiration!

Here's hoping Lee scores and we win 2-1 carrying on from the Stoke home game. Today is the first game Back at The Vallee.
    First division when Robert was playing ;)
  • Options
    I've changed my mind after seeing the team. We're going to get battered.
  • Options

First division when Robert was playing ;)
    Hence the italics.