Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Crewe Alexandra | Saturday 28th August | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    I’d like to see Morgan further back and spraying the ball around. A midfield 2 of Dobson and Clare/Watson is very limited moving the ball forwards 
    I imagine that is exactly what will happen, Dobson and Morgan as the main CMs, Dobson a little more focused on protecting the back 4. Morgan to pick the ball up and lift his head up to release Kirk/DJ/Lee. Sounds decent to me in theory
    Unless he keeps passing it back to Dobson or Innis which is what he has been doing so far this season
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    paulfox said:
    I’d like to see Morgan further back and spraying the ball around. A midfield 2 of Dobson and Clare/Watson is very limited moving the ball forwards 
    He sprays the ball around, generally in the wrong place. I’d like to see Albie further back in changing room,but  I’d settle for the bench so’s not to be too harsh.
    We get it, you don’t like Albie Morgan. 

You don’t need to regurgitate your dislike for the player on every post that mentions his name. It’s very boring.
    I don’t dislike him, just don’t think he’s that good. If people are allowed to continually say how he would fit better in the team and support him, I’m entitled to a differing opinion and express that.its also boring hearing how good he is and not seeing any evidence of it.( just because he’s a Charlton product)
  • Options
    A little more optimistic than I was now that Lee is on board and will presumably play. 
  • Options
    I imagine that is exactly what will happen, Dobson and Morgan as the main CMs, Dobson a little more focused on protecting the back 4. Morgan to pick the ball up and lift his head up to release Kirk/DJ/Lee. Sounds decent to me in theory
    Yes Morgan as CM sounds good, I'm concerned if Albie has the required physicality for the defensive work though.

Trust Adkins to be the judge of that.

• Options
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    He sprays the ball around, generally in the wrong place. I’d like to see Albie further back in changing room,but  I’d settle for the bench so’s not to be too harsh.

You don’t need to regurgitate your dislike for the player on every post that mentions his name. It’s very boring.
    I don’t dislike him, just don’t think he’s that good. If people are allowed to continually say how he would fit better in the team and support him, I’m entitled to a differing opinion and express that.its also boring hearing how good he is and not seeing any evidence of it.( just because he’s a Charlton product)
    I dont think anybody dislikes Albie he seems to be a nice lad and trys hard. However I'm one of the camp that doesnt rate him at all and that is only me being honest. If he hadnt come through our youth set up I think he would be absolutely murdered on here. Yes he does occasionally show a glimpse of potential but 90% he just isnt good enough imo. I'm not blaming him in anyway and I have said on here before I feel sorry for him as he should never have been put in this situation in the 1st place. All I can say is if Dobson, Clare or any other external player put in performances on par they would get slaughtered
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:

Plenty of people don't think Albie Morgan is that good, you're by no means alone there. It's not a question of opinion, it's the volume at which you express this particular opinion.
    Multiple people may comment once that they like/dislike Albie Morgan, whereas you are the one person who has multiple comments that they don't like Albie Morgan. 
    Of course, you're entitled to an opinion, but when it's on so many threads from one poster, it comes across as a personal vendetta.
  • Options
    Albie isn't shit he's just being played in a role he is shit at.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Still saying that Schwartz is still not ready. 

Really think we need to know what the problem is. He has played an U23 game so its not like its something serious. Don't believe a "personal issue" would keep you out of the first team either. Might be mental health issues, but if so why not just say & then we can put it to bed.
    I don't see why the club should reveal something like that.
    For clarity & to stop people like me keep mentioning it !

I'm not saying he has any mental issues & I hope he hasn't. I just dont think it helps anyone just brushing it under the carpet (whatever the reason is for is non involvement) and ignoring it. Its the elephant in the room, especially when the club actively mention the 3 other players missing & why......and then say nothing at all about him. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    As someone who thought Albie Morgan might make the break through this season if he had enough runners (assumed Watson wouldn't play) around him to show for the ball in advanced positions without having to check and play sidewards its beginning to look unlikely. 

So many false dawns for Albie. 5 good games in a row then he panicked on the ball against Shrews with 5 minutes to go and takes a wild swipe at the ball which goes backwards and Gunter gives away a pen which Daniels converted with just minutes left which saw another couple of points disappear. Bowyer then puts Albie back on the bench and the career of AM continues to ebb and flow.

He is fitter than ever and doesn't hide but still too many mistakes despite some good passes and tackles. How can Albie be played as the attacking midfielder when he can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Hitting the cow in the next field is no good.

Sod it, I would still play him tomorrow, hopefully with Lee supporting Stockley in the number 10 role with Morgan feeding Gilbert, DJ as the water carrier as I agree with the Charlton coach who told me this is the fittest Albie has ever been he just needs to show a maturity in his decision making.

It really is now or never for Morgan as this is the 4th season he has been involved with the first team squad despite only being 21.

Prove the doubter wrong not right, Albie Morgan. You can only be given so many chances. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    Still saying that Schwartz is still not ready. 

Really think we need to know what the problem is. He has played an U23 game so its not like its something serious. Don't believe a "personal issue" would keep you out of the first team either. Might be mental health issues, but if so why not just say & then we can put it to bed.
    I don't see why the club should reveal something like that.
    For clarity & to stop people like me keep mentioning it !

I'm not saying he has any mental issues & I hope he hasn't. I just dont think it helps anyone just brushing it under the carpet (whatever the reason is for is non involvement) and ignoring it. Its the elephant in the room, especially when the club actively mention the 3 other players missing & why......and then say nothing at all about him. 
    Its the ruthless part of the Sport unfortunately.

If clubs know a player has problems, they'll probably decide to stay extremely clear.

I'd be curious to see how many Professional clubs would want Marcus Maddison at the moment for example, he really does have Mental Health issues the poor bloke, and I bet his confession about wanting to crash his car on the way to training has put a lot of clubs off him.

At least for the time being, and until the point where he can show that he's over that mentality.
  • Options
    Apparently according to a mate of mine that lives there Marcus is to be seen most nights out and about in Peterborough behaving like the King of the town. He has also piled on a bit of weight apparently
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:

Plenty of people don't think Albie Morgan is that good, you're by no means alone there. It's not a question of opinion, it's the volume at which you express this particular opinion.
    Multiple people may comment once that they like/dislike Albie Morgan, whereas you are the one person who has multiple comments that they don't like Albie Morgan. 
    Of course, you're entitled to an opinion, but when it's on so many threads from one poster, it comes across as a personal vendetta.
    Personal vendetta is a little over the top, I don’t know him other than watch him play football. As I said I will give my opinion as many or a little times as I wish. In the same way you support him( man crush maybe??😜)….. or his agent??🤣

I will also add if he plays tomorrow and scores the winner, will I shout his name and applaud him?… absofuckinglutley I will because he would have done something good in a Charlton shirt,and he’d deserve it. if he plays extremely average and had no impact, will I be saying that on this forum, a vessel for opinion, fucking right I will !!….AGAIN!!!.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:

Personal vendetta is a little over the top, I don’t know him other than watch him play football. As I said I will give my opinion as many or a little times as I wish. In the same way you support him( man crush maybe??😜)….. or his agent??🤣

I will also add if he plays tomorrow and scores the winner, will I shout his name and applaud him?… absofuckinglutley I will because he would have done something good in a Charlton shirt,and he’d deserve it. if he plays extremely average and had no impact, will I be saying that on this forum, a vessel for opinion, fucking right I will !!….AGAIN!!!.
    I mean as a footballer, not a person. I wouldn’t say I’m a massive supporter of him either, I’d like to see him succeed but equally I’d swap him for Scott Twine or Scott Fraser in a heart beat. 

I don’t want to go back and forth all day about something so trivial mate. My only point is the constant wave of negativity you direct at this one player is becoming tiresome. 

Fingers crossed he plays well tomorrow, if not, let’s hope we can get someone better in to see us promoted.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:

I mean as a footballer, not a person. I wouldn’t say I’m a massive supporter of him either, I’d like to see him succeed but equally I’d swap him for Scott Twine or Scott Fraser in a heart beat. 

I don’t want to go back and forth all day about something so trivial mate. My only point is the constant wave of negativity you direct at this one player is becoming tiresome. 

Fingers crossed he plays well tomorrow, if not, let’s hope we can get someone better in to see us promoted.
    I apologise for continuously putting you to sleep, maybe I’ve solved insomnia!!Generally my comments are within the current conversation, hence my multiple comments on him. 
  • Options
    Just want a win tomorrow to stop the rot. Another defeat will be really depressing. A draw at hom to Crewe will be disappointing. 1-0 win. Stockley.
  • Options
    Really dreading this one. Their squad surely is weaker than ours but our game plan seems all over the place. Hope for a win but I think the playera feel under pressure. 1-0 Crewe..ahhhh....

• Options
    It would be nice for my six year old to see a goal and sing something happy from his visit to the valley,,, he’s been singing we’re fu%#ing shit all week!!!! Obviously liked the tune!! ( only joking!!🤣) but would like to cheer a goal with my son. Hope I’ve slated Albie enough that he proves me wrong with a winner!!. That’s how it usually works.🤣. Cagey 1-0 stockley header🤞
  • Options
    If we lose this then I see no other option than for every fan to at least admit a relegation fight is a serious possibility.

We simply have to win because if we can’t beat this lot at home we are fucked 
  • Options
    If we lose this then I see no other option than for every fan to at least admit a relegation fight is a serious possibility.

I wouldn't be admitting that after 5 games even if we do lose.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jac_52 said:

I wouldn't be admitting that after 5 games even if we do lose.
    I wouldn't be making room in the trophy cabinet and breaking out the Brasso either!
  • Options
    4:3 home win
    COYR
  • Options
    1st game of the season for me due to a knee injury sustained still not 100% but I need my charlton fix.

Really looking forward to meeting the lads in the Rose beforehand and having a proper day out. 
  • Options

A bit OTT.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Listening to the Crewe fan talking on Charlton Live it sounds like they're a complete mess at the moment. If we can't win this I'll be seriously worried.
  • Options
    Instead of getting on the players backs if we get off to a nervy start or go a goal down can we crank up the volume and get behind them.

Please.
  • Options
    3-0. Stockley, Inniss and Lee.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Not expecting a massive turnaround in performance, we've only added Lee since Wigan, we will see some improvements just by adding him but, the central mid and LB situation will still hamper the way Adkins wants us to play and limit a lot of player's effectiveness.

The 4231/ 433 No changes, same starting 11 with Lee coming off the bench.

McGillivray
    Matthews Inniss Famewo Gunter 
                     Dobson Watson
                 DJ     Morgan      Kirk
                          Stockley

1-0 clean sheet victory.
  • Options
    The point at which we know our squad has sufficient depth is the day on which Watson ceases to be included on the team sheet.