Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Deji Elerewe - won League One Apprentice of the year at EFL 2022 Awards (p11)

Comments

• Options
    So how do you pronounce his surname?

Im saying Ell er u, is that right?
  • Options
    Good news.  Pleased for TS as well.  Had a few bumps in the road over the last few months.  This signing shows good intent re: making sure we don’t lose out financially if Eleware goes on to be worth a few quid 
  • Options
    Excellent news. Deji looks very promising. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021

Ellie Rare We

Would be my guess
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    Tremendous news … for us and hopefully him.

On paper we have the opportunity to have the finest crop of youth team graduates in our history.

- Beadle
    - Eleware
    - Henry
    - Anderson
    - Kanu 
    - Burstow

if we can get them all tied down it could be the start of an exciting era for the club. No pressure JJ ☺️

I would add Chin to that list.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Maccn05 said:

On paper we have the opportunity to have the finest crop of youth team graduates in our history.

- Beadle
    - Eleware
    - Henry
    - Anderson
    - Kanu 
    - Burstow

if we can get them all tied down it could be the start of an exciting era for the club. No pressure JJ ☺️

Agreed, have watch Chin a lot and he plays with an awareness and understanding of the game that is rare in players of that age. Add to that his technical ability and athleticism and he is certainly exciting.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Maccn05 said:

- Beadle
    - Eleware
    - Henry
    - Anderson
    - Kanu 
    - Burstow

Cant believe Roddy isnt on the list  B)
  • Options
    Agree about Chin. Really like the look of him.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

- Beadle
    - Eleware
    - Henry
    - Anderson
    - Kanu 
    - Burstow

Good prospects, but finest crop is perhaps hyping them up a bit

We've had really good crops in the past too. I remember the early 90s when the likes of Rufus and Newton went on to play 100s of first team games, and others made the first team. Or the late 90s where we produced Parker, Konchesky and Fortune, who all played in the PL, 2 of which playing for England
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How tall is he ?
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

- Beadle
    - Eleware
    - Henry
    - Anderson
    - Kanu 
    - Burstow

Elerewe's defensive partner Bakrin looked every bit as impressive as Elerewe in the youth game I watched against Birmingham last year.

Is he also likely to progress to the first team? 
  • Options
    just hope they concentrate on making Beadle a serious offer now - guess there must be a lot of negotaition that goes on and the first offers won't be the final offer 
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

- Beadle
    - Eleware
    - Henry
    - Anderson
    - Kanu 
    - Burstow

Am I right that all of the above (plus T Campbell) have pro contracts except Beadle and Kanu at the moment whom are both too young to have signed yet anyway?  I thought our RB (number 2) last night looked decent too whoever he was.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Maccn05 said:

- Beadle
    - Eleware
    - Henry
    - Anderson
    - Kanu 
    - Burstow

Elerewe's defensive partner Bakrin looked every bit as impressive as Elerewe in the youth game I watched against Birmingham last year.

Is he also likely to progress to the first team? 
    I think Deji has come on a little more in terms of physical ability (e.g. strength, fitness etc) hence he moved slightly ahead and obviously he's looked good when he has played. Hopefully Bakrin will get some game time and get a chance to impress too but I don't think he's seen as quite ready yet.

I will of course bow to anyone with superior knowledge as that is third hand at best. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Great news, class act, England's centre half in 5 or 6 years time, sadly wont be with us then. lets get proper money for him when he goes.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Great to hear, but I don't get folk calling for him to be starting games at the moment. In place of who, Pearce? I wouldn't be comfortable with 2 inexperienced centrebacks in the same team. Famwo is ahead of him at the moment, but even he sometimes shows niavety in some of his decisions. Youngsters need to be surrounded by experienced players to talk them through the game. Happy with him to be on the bench, with cameo appearances, but can see him being sent out on a short term loan before staking a regular place in our team.

It's not really a question of "in place of" though is it? Inniss is crocked (again), Lavelle is now out injured. If we keep the three at the back, he's in there along with Pearce and Famewo pretty much by default unless we play a full back out of position. 

I think JJ prefers to play Matthews/Gunter in the back 3, as it gives him the option to switch to a back 4 without making any subs
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    thenewbie said:
    Great to hear, but I don't get folk calling for him to be starting games at the moment. In place of who, Pearce? I wouldn't be comfortable with 2 inexperienced centrebacks in the same team. Famwo is ahead of him at the moment, but even he sometimes shows niavety in some of his decisions. Youngsters need to be surrounded by experienced players to talk them through the game. Happy with him to be on the bench, with cameo appearances, but can see him being sent out on a short term loan before staking a regular place in our team.

It's not really a question of "in place of" though is it? Inniss is crocked (again), Lavelle is now out injured. If we keep the three at the back, he's in there along with Pearce and Famewo pretty much by default unless we play a full back out of position. 

I think JJ prefers to play Matthews/Gunter in the back 3, as it gives him the option to switch to a back 4 without making any subs

It's also better cover for the RB area with the more attacking wing back on that side.

Balance.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

- Beadle
    - Eleware
    - Henry
    - Anderson
    - Kanu 
    - Burstow

What about Jeremy Santos? - He seemed to get decent reviews for the U18s last season and is now with the U23s
  • Options
    Excellent news 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great news, class act, England's centre half in 5 or 6 years time, sadly wont be with us then. lets get proper money for him when he goes.
    But Thomas told me we’d be in the PL ourselves by then :-))
  • Options

Ellie Rare We

Would be my guess
    Commentators go with EELERRAWEE
  • Options
    Dazzler said:

Ellie Rare Way

Would be my guess
  • Options
    Last night was a bit of a reality check, with Deji having a bit of a mare. All young players will have bad games of course, but it's a reminder that he's a kid, and it's unrealistic to expect him to go straight into the first team and play 25 games this season.

Brownie was interesting when he was talking about Deji's weakness in heading, how he sometimes misjudges the flight of the ball. Something he can sort in training of course, but in L1 you need your CBs to cope with the high crosses and punts up field
  • Options
    Good learning curves. He is pretty new to men's football. 
  • Options
    Last night was a bit of a reality check, with Deji having a bit of a mare. All young players will have bad games of course, but it's a reminder that he's a kid, and it's unrealistic to expect him to go straight into the first team and play 25 games this season.

Brownie was interesting when he was talking about Deji's weakness in heading, how he sometimes misjudges the flight of the ball. Something he can sort in training of course, but in L1 you need your CBs to cope with the high crosses and punts up field
    Tough one for him. He's made, what, 7 professional appearances and just turned 18 two months ago. Despite that he's gone into last night's game as the more senior centre half alongside a teenage debutant and a left back playing in the middle. Normally someone that young would be relying a lot on the senior centre backs talking to him and directing him round but he's not had that to support him here. He'll be alright with the heading thing, Kurt Zouma had that problem when he first came to Chelsea and now he's basically a battering ram with a face, just takes a little time
  • Options

Ellie Rare We

Would be my guess
    Commentators go with EELERRAWEE
    Terry does, Greg says El air way. 
  • Options

Tough one for him. He's made, what, 7 professional appearances and just turned 18 two months ago. Despite that he's gone into last night's game as the more senior centre half alongside a teenage debutant and a left back playing in the middle. Normally someone that young would be relying a lot on the senior centre backs talking to him and directing him round but he's not had that to support him here. He'll be alright with the heading thing, Kurt Zouma had that problem when he first came to Chelsea and now he's basically a battering ram with a face, just takes a little time
    The defence really missed an older head to organise the defence and to gee him up after he made earlier mistakes, as you can imagine his head dropping.

Souare should have been that more senior pro, but he's not a natural in that position either, he'd much rather be galloping down the wing where Clayden was playing.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Good learning curves. He is pretty new to men's football. 
    Exactly only difference is we are only one injury from him being a regular starter in the league. Haven’t heard anything about Innis so assuming Deji is the back up until January