Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Deji Elerewe - won League One Apprentice of the year at EFL 2022 Awards (p11)

Comments

• Options
    Very good news.
  • Options
    Great news…class act
  • Options
    Delighted for everyone 🤩👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻❤️
  • Options
    Fantastico!
  • Options
    Excellent news! Cup run and promotion now 😄
  • Options
    That news is unexpected, but truly fantastic. There is always a close affinity between the fans and home grown players and we can now look forward to seeing and supporting Deji's development in the seasons ahead.
  • Options
    Great news as when it dragged on i'd pretty much resigned myself to the fact he'd be off.

The cynic in me says he will have only signed a contract with a release clause fee, but at least he's signed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is fantastic and shows the ambition that exists at the club now imo. I honestly think Deji will be a top player and will hopefully stay with us for many years as we progress as a club
  • Options
    Great news

Until we find he has an exit clause of £3.50  ;)
    Said tongue in cheek no doubt but a very valid sentiment.

He could well have an escape clause of £100k or a similar smallish amount in his contract for all we know. If i was his agent, that's what I would have insisted on. Peanuts to a Premier League club. 

Still at least hopefully we will get something when he leaves.
    But the contract is going to be worth a lot more than £100k so what would be the point? I’m sure there is a release clause but I would hope it would be nearer to £4m or £5m with lots of add on clauses…
  • Options
    Well done TS

very surprised, didn’t expect that one!
  • Options
    Fantasic news. Not wishing to burden him and our fans with too much pressure, but what a prospect this lad is. Hopefully he can be a stalwart of the Charlton defence for some time. I reckon that now he's signed a professional contract we will see more of Elerewe starting. 
  • Options
    Big thanks to his agent for getting this sorted .

Really wish the fella stumping up the dough to pay for this fella and the other £10m to keep us running would stop making comments regarding football and football players at this club .

Exactly mate anyone would think the bloke has the right to an opinion 😂
  • Options
    Amazing news. I’d completely accepted that he’d be another Poyet but he’s proved me wrong and has done the right thing for the club and his career. 

He’ll get more game time now and develop much faster than being on a Premier League loan carousel. Hopefully, he nails a starting spot for the rest of the season and his inevitable sale provides enough funds to secure his financial future and get us out of this league.
  • Options
    Great to hear, but I don't get folk calling for him to be starting games at the moment. In place of who, Pearce? I wouldn't be comfortable with 2 inexperienced centrebacks in the same team. Famwo is ahead of him at the moment, but even he sometimes shows niavety in some of his decisions. Youngsters need to be surrounded by experienced players to talk them through the game. Happy with him to be on the bench, with cameo appearances, but can see him being sent out on a short term loan before staking a regular place in our team.

• Options
    He's only 18, so we shouldn't expect him to play too often this season, especially at CB where physical strength is important. At this level there are plenty of big units up front, as demonstrated on Tuesday where Pearce battled all game against Michael Smith.

Worth nothing that Famewo has 4 league bookings, so is on the verge of a 1 match ban
  • Options
    Happy days, & congratulations on your 1st professional contract,glad it was with the Cafc family…u know it makes sense…👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic news .  Does he go straight into the side now ?
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Great to hear, but I don't get folk calling for him to be starting games at the moment. In place of who, Pearce? I wouldn't be comfortable with 2 inexperienced centrebacks in the same team. Famwo is ahead of him at the moment, but even he sometimes shows niavety in some of his decisions. Youngsters need to be surrounded by experienced players to talk them through the game. Happy with him to be on the bench, with cameo appearances, but can see him being sent out on a short term loan before staking a regular place in our team.

It's not really a question of "in place of" though is it? Inniss is crocked (again), Lavelle is now out injured. If we keep the three at the back, he's in there along with Pearce and Famewo pretty much by default unless we play a full back out of position. 
  • Options
    Amazing news. I’d completely accepted that he’d be another Poyet but he’s proved me wrong and has done the right thing for the club and his career. 

He’ll get more game time now and develop much faster than being on a Premier League loan carousel. Hopefully, he nails a starting spot for the rest of the season and his inevitable sale provides enough funds to secure his financial future and get us out of this league.
    Poyet signed his first professional contract with Charlton as Elerwre.has just done, no difference except we didn't play him until he was older so a year or so into it and then silly enough to let it run down.  
  • Options
    Never in doubt.

• Options
    Brilliant and unexpected news. Maybe there’s a release clause but it’ll be in the millions rather than for £40k or whatever it is we’d have got under EPPP. 

• Options
    Terrific news!
  • Options
    The kid is without doubt a huge prospect so this news is brilliant for the club. Hope he fulfils his potential and if it’s not with us we might at least pocket a large chunk of moolah. Win win.
  • Options
    Lets hope he's signed the deal to continue his football education with us but with bigger clubs circling it's possible he's signed the deal to ensure CAFC get a decent transfer fee ? (Sorry to piss in peoples chips & custard)   
  • Options
    Lets hope he's signed the deal to continue his football education with us but with bigger clubs circling it's possible he's signed the deal to ensure CAFC get a decent transfer fee ? (Sorry to piss in peoples chips & custard)   
    If that's how it works out I'd be disappointed but I'd wish him well.
  • Options
    If that's how it works out I'd be disappointed but I'd wish him well.
    If that's how it works out at least he's done the right thing by the club but hopefully he realises he's better off staying with us for a couple of years at least & then take stock