Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Deji Elerewe - won League One Apprentice of the year at EFL 2022 Awards (p11)

Comments

• Options
    This is great news and must be an indicator that Deji believe that he has a bright future with a club that is  on the up & up after ditching the disaster that was Adkinsgate
  • Options
    Good news all round. Congratulations on your first professional contract Deji Elerewe. 
  • Options
    Great news

Until we find he has an exit clause of £3.50  ;)
    Said tongue in cheek no doubt but a very valid sentiment.

He could well have an escape clause of £100k or a similar smallish amount in his contract for all we know. If i was his agent, that's what I would have insisted on. Peanuts to a Premier League club. 

Still at least hopefully we will get something when he leaves.
  • Options
    Great news

He could well have an escape clause of £100k or a similar smallish amount in his contract for all we know. If i was his agent, that's what I would have insisted on. Peanuts to a Premier League club. 

As a club I'd have told the agent to feck off.
  • Options
    Good news for the club. Would love to know there is a sensible exit clause?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Great news

As a club I'd have told the agent to feck off.
    To which the agent would have replied similarly, but probably a bit more forcibly, and the player would have walked away at the end of this season for nothing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Deji Elerewe, has signed his first professional contract with the club, committing his future to the Addicks until at least 2024

Lets us hope at least 2024
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Deji Elerewe, has signed his first professional contract with the club, committing his future to the Addicks until at least 2024

Lets us hope at least 2024
    So he'll be gone by 8.30 tonight?
  • Options
    Great news 
  • Options
    Great news. Perfect place to develop in a back three too as he can have the confidence that there’ll probably be someone who can cover any mistakes.

If he sees the 3 years out I’ll eat my hat, but it probably has a release clause for £2m or so, which will mean that we will get something approaching value for him when the inevitable happens. 
  • Options
    Excellent.  Reckon he'll finish the season as a starter.
  • Options
    The cynic in me wonders if recent injury concerns have forced our hand a little bit and there's been compromises made about release clauses or similar. 

However, having him on a longer contract can of course only be a good thing. 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    The cynic in me wonders if recent injury concerns have forced our hand a little bit and there's been compromises made about release clauses or similar. 

That is rather cynical. I have seen nothing to suggest we'd do such a thing. 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Maybe we've agreed to pay him more?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done to the club.

I’d like to think that where there has been criticism of the likes of Roddy, Gallen etc in recent months that there is an equal acceptance and acknowledgment where something good has been achieved - which it has been here.
  • Options
    Got to admit I never thought he would sign with premiership interest so I'm absolutely delighted. 
    By the way wet spam if you want him the bidding starts at 5 mil. 
    You missed out a 1. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    thenewbie said:

That is rather cynical. I have seen nothing to suggest we'd do such a thing. 
    It just seems like remarkably good timing that JUST when we really need another CB available he signs up pretty much out of nowhere. 

I hope I'm wrong. I most likely am. Just seems odd. 
  • Options
    Great news was worried he was another talented youngster we'd let leave for peanuts. Suspect he'll get game time with the 3 at the back formation and injuries 
  • Options
    This is great news. I rate him. Good job CAFC in getting this done. It’ll be exciting to see his development. 
  • Options
    Well done Deji and everyone involved.
  • Options
    Great news that he has signed.  Repaying the investment we have made in him which is all a fan could ask.  Good luck. He will be a big success.
  • Options
    I’d be very surprised if Lavelle’s injury hasn’t been a factor in the timing of this - speeding the agreement up if nothing else 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Got to admit I never thought he would sign with premiership interest so I'm absolutely delighted. 
    By the way wet spam if you want him the bidding starts at 5 mil. 
    You missed out a 1. 
    Bidding starts at 51.