Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Insulate Britain Protests (Blackwall Tunnel p22)

Comments

• Options
    It would be interesting to see how these protestors would be treated in China..............
    Cos we are all big fans of tyrannical autocracies... 
  • Options
    I am surprised that they haven’t been attacked by irate drivers - I’m not condoning such action - but there are plenty of people who would simply get out of their vehicle and thump them / drag them out of they way (obviously before the Police arrived)

Or maybe that has happened and not reported
  • Options
    Jeez - just looked on AA Roadwatch - the queue going back over the bridge into Essex is horrendous - nearly all the way back to the junction with A127 !!!
  • Options
    What a shame there isn't a steam roller in those queue's
  • Options
    And the bloody Police helicopter circling around over my house is now becoming very annoying 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iainment said:
    You can’t make an omelette without breaking an egg.
    The point about protests is that it should be noticed. 
    I applaud the protesters on this as they are right about the climate change and the effects not having good insulation has on it.
    As a previous post said, luckily I don’t have a medical appointment at Darent Valley Hospital today, and I hope I don’t need an ambulance to rush me to A&E today - I live a short walk from where they have glued themselves to the road - there is protest, and then there is protest that has wider implications that affect people’s lives - tossers 
    No different to every single Friday in Dartford.

Maybe people taking a stand might get someone to take notice for once. 
  • Options
    It would be interesting to see how these protestors would be treated in China..............
    Do you think they would be treated like the Sarah Everard mourners gathered for a vigil on Clapham Common?
  • Options
    iainment said:
    I applaud the protesters on this as they are right about the climate change and the effects not having good insulation has on it.
    As a previous post said, luckily I don’t have a medical appointment at Darent Valley Hospital today, and I hope I don’t need an ambulance to rush me to A&E today - I live a short walk from where they have glued themselves to the road - there is protest, and then there is protest that has wider implications that affect people’s lives - tossers 
    My sister can’t take one of her girls to nursery today because cannot get out of the road and the thought of having the 6 month old stuck in the car for hours on end etc. 

What exactly has a long distance lorry driver done to deserve being cooped up in his cab going no where missing deliveries done?. 

These assholes should make themselves known and not dressed up as builders etc and let people have a discussion with them. 
    As traffic gridlock is a frequent occurrence in Dartford she should be used to it by now. It will be the same again on Friday as it is every week without any protest. 
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    iainment said:

So what's the solution? A smaller population, widened roads? I can't see either option going down very well with the protestors.
  • Options
    These people will 100% be on the right side of history when all is said and done

The inconvenience these people are causing will be nothing compared to the "inconvenience" of doing nothing about climate change
    They may well be on the right side of history. 
    We all agree something needs to be done.
    But.
    Instead of pissing of Joe public going about their business target politicians and large companies that are causing pollution. 
    At the moment instead of getting people on their side they are pissing people of with their actions. 
    There were some in the Valley who had similar arguments against CARD protests disrupting games. Should there have been no demonstrations against Duchatelet that effected them?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Wilma said:
    iainment said:
    My sister can’t take one of her girls to nursery today because cannot get out of the road and the thought of having the 6 month old stuck in the car for hours on end etc. 

What exactly has a long distance lorry driver done to deserve being cooped up in his cab going no where missing deliveries done?. 

These assholes should make themselves known and not dressed up as builders etc and let people have a discussion with them. 
    As traffic gridlock is a frequent occurrence in Dartford she should be used to it by now. It will be the same again on Friday as it is every week without any protest. 
    Such a shit argument. I’ve travelled from Bexleyheath to Darenth/Bluewater on several occasions at many times during the week and the traffic is fine. It isn’t today because of some little cnuts sitting in the road and a whole days money lost.
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    iainment said:

Heavy traffic may be frquent, but blocking off main roundabouts isn't
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wilma said:
    iainment said:

Such a shit argument. I’ve travelled from Bexleyheath to Darenth/Bluewater on several occasions at many times during the week and the traffic is fine. It isn’t today because of some little cnuts sitting in the road and a whole days money lost.
    Try living next to it for years and then say the traffic isn't shit! 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    These people will 100% be on the right side of history when all is said and done

The inconvenience these people are causing will be nothing compared to the "inconvenience" of doing nothing about climate change
    I think you're the one missing the point - this inconvenience that is being caused won't do ANYTHING to affect the problem. Things are are already in place that are going to affect the problem, but they can only be done systematically. That is the point. 

What about the people who are effected by this, who are meant to be at the hospital today? Will they just be collateral damage if anything serious happens?
    The things in place to do something about this systematically isn't nearly enough. If radical change isn't enacted, not just some "net 0 by 2050" bullshit targets, it's gonna get a whole lot worse, like apocalypse level worse. Radical change doesn't come by the changing the status quo slightly

What happens when the gulf stream collapses and northern Europe is plunged into 9 months of winter? Or when countries become inhospitable because of the heat? Or when crops can't be grown because we don't have enough water?

On your last point, yeah it's shitty that someone might be late to a hospital appointment, but there is literally traffic every single day caused by a myriad of things. It's just cos people want to paint these people as being "woke hippy idiots" that it gets so much attention. Which is a good thing for the cause.

However, I'm no campaigner and I don't have any experience in anything like this, so not sure that this is the most worthwhile thing to do but if it gets them attention and furthers their cause then 🤷‍♀️
    What are the R values of the insulation in the property you live at? If they're not sufficient are you taking advantage of the Governments Green Homes Grants which are still available?

What internal heating controls and systems do you operate in your property?

Do you have a vehicle or do you walk and take public transport everywhere?
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    iainment said:

Today is Wednesday and it’s not rush hour 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Wilma said:
    iainment said:

Heavy traffic may be frquent, but blocking off main roundabouts isn't
    It is in Dartford, usually by lorries coming off and over the motorway to try and gain 2 mins. 
  • Options
    Insulate Britain say "sitting in the road makes Boris Johnson sit up and take notice"
  • Options
    And the bloody Police helicopter circling around over my house is now becoming very annoying 
    Put your clothes back on or go indoors then.
    Very good - I will admit I only have a t shirt and my pants on, and I have been in the garden
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    They avoid Canning Town underground station now. Don’t want some hairy arsed pipe fitter dragging them off a roof of a tube train by their ankles again. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_-wSckXbfc
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!