Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Insulate Britain Protests (Blackwall Tunnel p22)

Comments

• seth plum said:
    Well I think those suggesting steaming in are the ones fishing. They are testing the waters to see if anybody would suggest a moderate approach.
    I am afraid the right approach is to pick them up remove them and let due process happen.
    Na sod that. Treat them like a football fan on derby day.
  • seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    From the images I have seen the people walk onto the road, often wearing some kind of fluorescent top of bright red or yellow, and sit down behind a sign.
    And remain there quite still until they are picked up and moved or dragged away.
    They offer no resistance or violence.

Ought they to be the subject of any violence meted out? Perhaps by ordinary citizens?
    If they prevent doctors and surgeons from getting to hospital to carry out their duties. Then.
    YES
    Violence by the ordinary citizenry or by the authorities?
    the police, they're already tooled up
    Tazers, trunctions and pepper spray sort of thing?
    Use those?
    yeah and smash their riot shields into their faces for good measure.

I think it's quite obvious I was joking just like it's quite obvious you're fishing
    You've spoilt Seth's plan now.
  • seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    From the images I have seen the people walk onto the road, often wearing some kind of fluorescent top of bright red or yellow, and sit down behind a sign.
    And remain there quite still until they are picked up and moved or dragged away.

Ought they to be the subject of any violence meted out? Perhaps by ordinary citizens?
    If they prevent doctors and surgeons from getting to hospital to carry out their duties. Then.
    YES

seth plum said:
    seth plum said:

YES
    God forbid but if one of your family needed urgent hospital treatment and this bunch of pricks stood in your way to prevent you getting to hospital. 
    What would you do  ?.
    Going to answer Seth 
  • I would absolutely hammer these worthless pricks to the full extent of the law,stopping genuine people going to work,school,hospital etc. just to justify their miserable existance.A lot of these tossers are no doubt rent a mobs who turn up at every protest they can attend.They wont make one bit of difference to climate change or whatever their beef is,the problems are already known and these brain dead turds wont contribute to any change.I look forward to 6 month jail terms and 5 figure fines(ha  ha ha ,dont be a naughty boy and dont do it again.)
    I use this roundabout to get to my weekly golf with a few mates,if they had held me up,I am pretty sure I would have steamed into them.
    Just Thick.
    If you consider me thick just because I wish to go about my daily business without some worthless berk sitting on the M25 stopping me,then you posses a level of  tolerance that is on a level with a sainthood.I sincerley hope that if your house ever catches fire the fire crews are able to get through.
    Absolutely no need to call anyone thick, just turns the debate into the usual CL bickerfest and is uncalled for.

But my initial reaction to your post was more along the lines of;

Cos I’ve seen a million posts today across the socials saying they’d “smashed their heads in bruv” but in reality not a single soul has done it and they’ve probably pissed off thousands of geezas the last two days.

Which is a good thing by the way, they’re not nonces ffs, they’re annoying and disruptive.
    No one suggested heads would get smashed in,but I think i am joined by many on here who would have found it difficult to just sit in their cars while the due process of the law took place,maybe a few insults or a bottle of water chucked over them would have been helpful for any frustration.
  • I would absolutely hammer these worthless pricks to the full extent of the law,stopping genuine people going to work,school,hospital etc. just to justify their miserable existance.A lot of these tossers are no doubt rent a mobs who turn up at every protest they can attend.They wont make one bit of difference to climate change or whatever their beef is,the problems are already known and these brain dead turds wont contribute to any change.I look forward to 6 month jail terms and 5 figure fines(ha  ha ha ,dont be a naughty boy and dont do it again.)
    I use this roundabout to get to my weekly golf with a few mates,if they had held me up,I am pretty sure I would have steamed into them.
    Just Thick.
    If you consider me thick just because I wish to go about my daily business without some worthless berk sitting on the M25 stopping me,then you posses a level of  tolerance that is on a level with a sainthood.I sincerley hope that if your house ever catches fire the fire crews are able to get through.
    Absolutely no need to call anyone thick, just turns the debate into the usual CL bickerfest and is uncalled for.

Cos I’ve seen a million posts today across the socials saying they’d “smashed their heads in bruv” but in reality not a single soul has done it and they’ve probably pissed off thousands of geezas the last two days.

Which is a good thing by the way, they’re not nonces ffs, they’re annoying and disruptive.
    No one suggested heads would get smashed in,but I think i am joined by many on here who would have found it difficult to just sit in their cars while the due process of the law took place,maybe a few insults or a bottle of water chucked over them would have been helpful for any frustration.
    Well I mean you said you’d steam into em, but I hear ya.  
  • My brother is building facilities at his place of work, he’s had, and is having, further anti vax protests tomorrow, they try and smash there way in.

Im happy for that particular lot to receive right handers, no doubt.
  • Addickted said:
    Nope, arrest followed by either a short term inside or a massive fine is more than sufficient.

Even better would be 100 hours of Community Service. Perhaps litter picking on the M25?
    Or helping out doctors and nurses whose days they’ve f***ed by stopping them getting to work 
  • edited September 2021
    This could all turn very Ian Dowie pretty quickly.
  • Or have a cumulative whip round for those that have lost wages today - think they can scrape it together. Few friends and family caught up in that today, just after they've weighed out for school uniforms, well deserved staycation, week's money alone for that. They are not overly impressed... 
  • seth plum said:
    seth plum said:

YES

seth plum said:
    seth plum said:

YES
    God forbid but if one of your family needed urgent hospital treatment and this bunch of pricks stood in your way to prevent you getting to hospital. 
    What would you do  ?.
    Going to answer Seth 
    Of course not. 
  • Sponsored links:

• holyjo said:
    It would be interesting to see how these protestors would be treated in China..............
    Cos we are all big fans of tyrannical autocracies... 
    Nor am I but unless China, India et al change ( which they won't ) these protests are pointless. China has already said that they will not change anything until at least 2060. Getting people in the UK to insulate their lofts probably won't change much.

When did China say that? I think that this is not true. China has made ambitious aims to cut carbon emissions with a goal of carbon neutrality by 2060. The mystery is how they plan to achieve it.
  • My brother is building facilities at his place of work, he’s had, and is having, further anti vax protests tomorrow, they try and smash there way in.

I can’t see Chaz clumping anyone mate 😄
    Just Thick.

The problem you'll find when you're actually stuck in the traffic is that you have a car they can retaliate back against and you'll be outnumbered.

Just Thick.

The problem you'll find when you're actually stuck in the traffic is that you have a car they can retaliate back against and you'll be outnumbered.

Maybe ,but not if they were glued to the ground.
  • How did the scabby fuckers get time off of work?

Oh!
  • seth plum said:
    seth plum said:

YES

seth plum said:
    seth plum said:

YES
    What would you do  ?.
    Going to answer Seth 
    Take individual action short of violence.
  • seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:

YES

seth plum said:
    seth plum said:

YES
    What would you do  ?.
    Going to answer Seth 
    Take individual action short of violence.
    Lol

I can’t see Chaz clumping anyone mate 😄
    You misunderstood me, he’s the one I’m happy to see get clumped..
  • CatAddick said:
    iainment said:
    iainment said:
    These people will 100% be on the right side of history when all is said and done

The inconvenience these people are causing will be nothing compared to the "inconvenience" of doing nothing about climate change
    They may well be on the right side of history. 
    We all agree something needs to be done.
    But.
    Instead of pissing of Joe public going about their business target politicians and large companies that are causing pollution. 
    At the moment instead of getting people on their side they are pissing people of with their actions. 
    There were some in the Valley who had similar arguments against CARD protests disrupting games. Should there have been no demonstrations against Duchatelet that effected them?
    Affected - and a crap comparison of huge magnitude 
    Thanks, I have a real block about effect and affect and usually get them muddled up.

I disagree about the comparison. I was making the point that depending on your point of view protests are either laudable and should be accepted as part of life. Or not and should be stamped out. There are people on here frothing at the mouth about this protest who would have been supporting CARD protests and heard those who disagreed with them venting anger at their life being disrupted. Albeit in a shorter time and with less disruption to them.

I am also certain that if these protesters were told there was an emergency ambulance needing to get through they’d get out of the way.
    Today's free advice - use the acronym RAVEN

Remember:
    Affect
    Verb,
    Effect
    Noun
    Except it's not quite that simple...
    You can, for example, effect a change. Effect is also a verb, meaning to cause, to bring about.
    English is a bastard, isn't it?

• Also, just to be even more awkward, affect can be a noun too. But most of the time the acronym will see you right.
  • Sponsored links:

• How did the scabby fuckers get time off of work?

Oh!
    We are paying for them to be superglued to the floor. 
  • It always makes me laugh the irony and hypocrisy of the protesters. 

The whole purpose of their causes is always for some form of the greater good. Yet every protest that anti capitalists, Extinction Rebellion etc ever carry out is simply around disrupting the average man. They don’t effect decision makers in any way and all the do is alienate and lose support of average Joe public, who are normally juggling busy lives trying to go about their business to earn a living. 

The selfishness of the way they try to elevate their cause is ridiculous. They get so wrapped up in being part of a group (gang psychology) that they lose alignment with everything outside of that

do think if they sat outside as previously has been done they would get anywhere near the coverage? 
  • Gribbo said:
    They held it on that roundabout so the protesters can park their cars safely in Harvester car park. C****
    Block their cars in the carpark until Friday
  • Been thinking while doing the diner; because this is being billed as a protest independent from ER, and it is specifically about people getting their homes better insulated, I’d like to know what knowledge the protestors have re’ eco insulation (obviously needs to be eco). They’ve made the decision to go out and block one of the busiest roads in the UK, so they should all know the details of their cause intimately, surely? If they do, why don’t they get permission to leaflet train stations / shopping precincts etc and offer concrete advice to homeowners regarding the best ways to insulate their homes and how it is a great long-term investment which will, in time, even save the homeowner money. They could possibly get sponsored by one of the big eco-insulation manufacturing / installation companies and, with the right marketing, they could genuinely start to help people make steps to get done exactly what they’re advocating. It’s the link between blocking roads and wanting people to get better insulated homes that I struggle with personally.

• Play a couple of them of them at thier own game.
    Identify a couple of them and then get a little group to follow them and thier family and stop them going about thier business.
  • Gribbo said:
    Regarding them being peaceful. All the more reason to stick a boot in if they ain't gonna fight back
    Nothing like the old “Voice Of Reason “……. Lol
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!