Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wycombe Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 18th September 2021 | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2021
    MattF said:
    RedChaser said:
    This time last week Nigel was telling us how everything had gone up a notch on the training ground and that turned out excellently 
    Well I’m blowed he’s even had a look at the fixture list and knows what games are coming up and recommending we listen to Gobinson! Can’t be doing with any more blah, blah, blah just start winning games 😏.
  • Options
    if this doesn't get your juices flowing then what will
    fcuk off league one

Be careful what you wish for oohaah, we are nearer League 2 that the Orgasmic Championship.
  • Options
    None of the 11 that started last Saturday deserve to start this, certainly not the ten outfield players.  Unfortunately about 7, at least, of them almost have to play.

I would consider going 3/5 at the back and bringing Pearce in because we seriously lack leadership and this is going to be a battle.

Assuming Arter and Pape are fit to start I would go with a proper 433.

MacGillivray
    Matthews Levelle Famewo Pape
                 Morgan Watson Arter
           Washington Stockley Leko

Harsh on Lee but we can't afford 4 attacking players.  What do I think Adkins will do?  Make 2 or 3 changes, depending on fitness, to personnel but keep the same shape.

We seriously need 4 points out of these 2 games, nothing suggests we will get them. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    None of the 11 that started last Saturday deserve to start this, certainly not the ten outfield players.  Unfortunately about 7, at least, of them almost have to play.

I would consider going 3/5 at the back and bringing Pearce in because we seriously lack leadership and this is going to be a battle.

MacGillivray
                 Morgan Watson Arter
           Washington Stockley Leko

Harsh on Lee but we can't afford 4 attacking players.  What do I think Adkins will do?  Make 2 or 3 changes, depending on fitness, to personnel but keep the same shape.

We seriously need 4 points out of these 2 games, nothing suggests we will get them. 
    Morgan and Watson, again???  You wouldn’t take a punt on Clare instead of one or both of them and sling Lee in.
    No idea how fit Clare is can you risk both him and Arter from the start? Leaving Lee in leaves us wide open again.  I don't want us to play Watson and Morgan but right now I don't see we really have much choice. 
  • Options
    I believe that we will be home to Dr Cockup, waiting with a nice cup of tea and a plate full of custard creams...

3-1 to Wycombe
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Get your strongest team out, fit or not fit.
    I'd be happy with @BR7_addick 's line up:
    MacG
    Matthews, Lavelle, Famewo, Souare
    Clare, Arter
    Leko, Lee, Washington 
    Stockley

Or
    MacG
    Clare, Arter
    Kirk/DJ, Lee, 
    Leko, Washington 
    With Stockley a weapon from the bench.

Taking my eldest son to Nottingham uni tomorrow. Big day.
    Then off to Wycombe Saturday. I'm not sure which one fills me with the most dread.

Expecting to lose on Saturday anyway. 2-0?
    But as usual, there's always a glimmer of hope we'll witness a turnaround.

• Options
    Schwartz injured again? Doing what? 
    "Weight" training ? :smile:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Stick Dobson in instead of Watson, he’s had a wake up call and should be out to prove a point.
    Hobson's choice isn't it really. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Laughable isn't it, the bloke is a liability, the sooner he is off the wage bill the better.
    Words fail me .
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedChaser said:
    Stick Dobson in instead of Watson, he’s had a wake up call and should be out to prove a point.
    Hobson's choice isn't it really. 
    It’s another option and the l’d plump for youth with energy and enthusiasm than an old war horse who’s legs have gone and is drawing his pension early.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

MacGillivray
                 Morgan Watson Arter
           Washington Stockley Leko

That 3 in midfield will be 40 yards away from the forwards for most of the game
    Lee is the only one we have who could link the midfield with the forwards. He has to play as an advanced midfielder.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

MacGillivray
                 Morgan Watson Arter
           Washington Stockley Leko

That 3 in midfield will be 40 yards away from the forwards for most of the game
    Lee is the only one we have who could link the midfield with the forwards. He has to play as an advanced midfielder.
    You have to balance that against their midfield strolling through ours and having all the time in the world.

A fully fit Arter and Gilbey will probably change that.  There is no good enough 2 out of the rest. 
  • Options
    Wycombe have got a caraboa cup meeting with Man City next week. 

Let's hope their players' minds are on a trip to the Etihad rather than a game against Charlton! 
  • Options
    Anything less then 4 points from this and Gills and Nige will be on very thin ice. 
  • Options
    I'd have Gunter ahead of Matthews at RB. 
  • Options
    Blimey how my expectations have changed! Always hope for a win but expect a draw at best. 1-1 backs against the wall. Hope Leko starts with Stockley up front.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

MacGillivray
                 Morgan Watson Arter
           Washington Stockley Leko

Morgan and Watson, again???  You wouldn’t take a punt on Clare instead of one or both of them and sling Lee in.
    No idea how fit Clare is can you risk both him and Arter from the start? Leaving Lee in leaves us wide open again.  I don't want us to play Watson and Morgan but right now I don't see we really have much choice. 
    Maybe, NA did say everyone is in contention except the long terms.

I watched them two for 90 minutes Saturday and it was a horror show.  I’ll genuinely cop the ump if they turn up on the team sheet come Saturday.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

MacGillivray
                 Morgan Watson Arter
           Washington Stockley Leko

I watched them two for 90 minutes Saturday and it was a horror show.  I’ll genuinely cop the ump if they turn up on the team sheet come Saturday.
    Yup me too mate. Time to bin them both neither of them for different reasons are nowhere near good enough Watson needs to do his coaching badges and Albie needs to go a couple of leagues down. If NA persists with that pairing he deserves whatever he gets
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
                           MacG

Matthews. Lavelle famewo souare

arter          dobson

leko.               Lee            Washington

Stockley
  • Options
    No fecking clue what side NA will pick  - I quite like the one @ForeverAddickted went for with his opening post but with Washington up front with Lee and Kirk taking Washington's place. A proper 4-4-2 with wingers & pace up front. 

If we go with that or something similar then I predict a win. Have Watson and /or Gunter starting then I'll go with the majority & predict another sorry set of Addick fans come 5pm. 

So I'll sit on the fence and say 1-1.
  • Options
    "Weight" training ? :smile:
    Picking up his wallet?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    This will be difficult against another small ex lower league but superbly run and managed club that like us, recently found life in the Championship too tough.

I am not so much worried about the result, a draw will be a good result i m o, but more in the performance. Yet another shambolic showing by a badly selected and set up team will really be too much. I really want Adkins out, a total failure on Saturday will just serve to reinforce my opinion, a decent showing might undermine it.

Wycombe Wanderers 1 v CAFC 1

• Options
    0-0 draw.

We set up not to lose and we don't.

Rot stopped

No one is happy
  • Options
    0-0 draw.

We set up not to lose and we don't.

Rot stopped

No one is happy
    I would be happier.  A draw in Saturday and a win against the Gills could be the start of a period of recovery. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

MacGillivray
                 Morgan Watson Arter
           Washington Stockley Leko

Yup me too mate. Time to bin them both neither of them for different reasons are nowhere near good enough Watson needs to do his coaching badges and Albie needs to go a couple of leagues down. If NA persists with that pairing he deserves whatever he gets
     Well I am certainly glad that neither of them are nowhere near good enough, that means they must be somewhere near good enough. 

I don't really get the animosity to Adkins 6 games into the new season. 16 league games into his time with us.
  • Options
    I do admire the previews mate.  If I were doing it each week by now it’d go something like “Wycombe v charlton, whatever”.

I’ve no idea how this will go down but we need something positive that’s for sure.  I genuinely don’t wanna see Albie Morgan near the team. But I’ve no idea who is available and who isn’t, Arter for example?  Or Clare, he wasn’t on the bench last game, left back MUST be adjusted even if he’s 80% fit Souare.

MacG
    Clare, Arter
    Leko, Lee, Washington 
    Stockley

1-1 in hope more than judgement.  
    How is a 4231 getting 7 likes ?!
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    I do admire the previews mate.  If I were doing it each week by now it’d go something like “Wycombe v charlton, whatever”.

I’ve no idea how this will go down but we need something positive that’s for sure.  I genuinely don’t wanna see Albie Morgan near the team. But I’ve no idea who is available and who isn’t, Arter for example?  Or Clare, he wasn’t on the bench last game, left back MUST be adjusted even if he’s 80% fit Souare.

MacG
    Clare, Arter
    Leko, Lee, Washington 
    Stockley

1-1 in hope more than judgement.  
    How is a 4231 getting 7 likes ?!
    There is nothing wrong with 4231 just so long as A. You have a plan B (Karl Robinson) and B. The 3 support the 1.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!