Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wycombe Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 18th September 2021 | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    Struggling to see much beyond a 1-1, and that's being wildly optimistic.
  • Options
    I really dont have a clue what to expect today. If NA pins his Hope's on the same team and set up as last week it could be very embarrassing result wise.
    Although it would be so Charlton for us to put in a proper performance and get the 3 points.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I really dont have a clue what to expect today. If NA pins his Hope's on the same team and set up as last week it could be very embarrassing result wise.
    Although it would be so Charlton for us to put in a proper performance and get the 3 points.
    Hopefully they have had the kick up the a*** they need and will win this game.  They are a great price at 5/2 for the win
  • Options
    As everyone thinks we will lose including me, we will win. Simple football logic. 

And go on a mad run. 
  • Options
    2121 said:
    As everyone thinks we will lose including me, we will win. Simple football logic. 

And go on a mud run. 

spelling...
  • Options
    2121 said:

And go on a mud run. 

spelling...
    Jeff?
  • Options
    0-4 
  • Options
    no idea about result - could this be the game we find the 'magic formula'??? hope so coz a win today, tuesday and saturday and things would look a whole lot different and we can get back on the renaissance bus 
  • Options
    Glosfan said:
    Spent the first 30 years of my life living near Wycombe and went as a child with my Dad to watch them at Loakes Park in their non-league days. So even though I've technically got a foot in both camps, I still can't get my head round the fact that little ex non league Wycombe are not only in the same division as Charlton but are actually expected to beat them. It's  even harder for my 89 year old Dad who grew up in Kidbrooke and supported Charlton through the cup final glory years.

It's an easy drive from Gloucester so we are both going, dragging my partner with us and meeting up with some old childhood mates at the ground. Will be a nostalgic day, and I'm looking forward to it despite the fact that we will be in the home end surrounded by my mates and trying to pretend to be happy when Wycombe inevitably score. Not expecting a win, with the way we are playing, I will be content with a draw.  Whatever the result, at least it will be a shorter drive home than from the Valley. 
    @Glosfan    Brilliant that you can still take your 89 year old Dad to a League game.

Let's hope it's a great day for you all !

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know we have some decent attacking players, re Stockley, Washington, Lee, DJ, Leko and hopefully Kirk but are Arter and Dobson strong enough defensively? Sort the defence out first was always Curb's mentality.
    Definitely.

But I believe most of our problems stem from midfield.
    Sort out the midfield with a formation that suits the players we have, then there's proper link up to the front line; and the defence gets proper cover.

• Options
    Just been told of the line up .... 100% to scale

Stockley

Rest of the team!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Larissa said:
    Hi Guys, Not sure if it's been mentioned yet or not, but I work at The White Horse pub on West Wycombe Road. We are the official Away team pub for Wycombe games. We look forward to hopefully seeing some of you before the game, we will be open from 11am.
    This pub is strictly over 18s only. 
    Ok I’ll bring ID 😬

@JamesSeed    Just show your Bus Pass, Jimmy. :smile:

• Options
    On coach from Heathrow, for what should have been a 25 minute journey. Delays of over an hour following a crash at Junction 4 of the M40. Will hopefully have cleared by the time most of our road travelling supporters arrive.
  • Options
    When the team is announced today which 2 names do you look for first to see if they are or are not playing.
    For me - Stockley and Watson
  • Options
    When the team is announced today which 2 names do you look for first to see if they are or are not playing.
    Arter and Lee
  • Options
    Arter and Lee
    Gunter and Leko today. 
  • Options
    Leko and Washington. 

• Options
    cant see us keeping a clean sheet 

so im going for 1- 5
  • Options
    Larissa said:
    Hi Guys, Not sure if it's been mentioned yet or not, but I work at The White Horse pub on West Wycombe Road. We are the official Away team pub for Wycombe games. We look forward to hopefully seeing some of you before the game, we will be open from 11am.
    This pub is strictly over 18s only. 
    https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/18508360.high-wycombe-strip-club-white-horse-turned-house---manager-adamant-not-going-happen/

Sounds alright
    Makes the true identity of 'Larissa' a curiousity.

Whatever the case, can someone order some shots?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blucher said:
    On coach from Heathrow, for what should have been a 25 minute journey. Delays of over an hour following a crash at Junction 4 of the M40. Will hopefully have cleared by the time most of our road travelling supporters arrive.
    Did you make it there yet?
    I wonder if this will effect the team's arrival plans? 
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    Comms team have certainly arrived

Hopefully they got there around the same time as the squad

• Options
    VFR4life said:
    Here’s lineup 

Gunter Lavelle Pearce Famewo Souare Dobson Arter Leko Stockley Washington
    No Goalkeeper?
  • Options
    VFR4life said:
    Here’s lineup 

I thought it wasn’t published till 2 o clock?
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    Happily, it cleared up and the coach stayed on the M40. Walked the 2 miles downhill from the bus station and got in the pub for 12:30.

I’m sure the team will be fine (apart from on the pitch, obviously…)
  • Options
    VFR4life said:
    Here’s lineup 

If correct I'm pleased, as the whole midfield has been dropped. 
  • Options
    VFR4life said:
    Here’s lineup 

He had to change something, I like the front 3.  Pearce in isn't a bad thing, we massively lack leadership.

It doesn't solve the "2" in midfield problem unless Arter is 100% fit and 90% of the player he was or Dobson has improved dramatically.   Preferably both. 
  • Options
    VFR4life said:
    Here’s lineup 

I assume that’s the modern 3-4-3. Could also be Leko or Washington behind Stockley and another.

CM

Lavelle Pearce Famewo
    Gunter                            Soaure
                     Dobson Arter
    Leko                            Washington
                       Stockley
  • Options
    Today will be the turning point...relax lads,  0-4 to the league leaping Addicks B)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!