Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Portsmouth | Saturday 25th September 2021 | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    We will definitely win this. Don’t shoot the messenger - just passing on information. 
  • Options
    Until the midfield is strenghtened or Adkins finds a way to get this team playing with the current available players, it will be the same outcome, wouldn't mind a draw but fear Charlton will lose by the odd goal. 
  • Options
    mag

souare
    famewho
    lavelle
    matthews

clare
    dobson
    arter
    CBT

Lee
    Leko 

• Options
    it won't be the above line up but i think Lee could be the solution up top in a two and ina  switch away from the 433 / high hoof scenario - get him dropping off in the zola/bergkamp/sheringham role and leko on the shoulder - arter pulls the strings in the middle, dobson holds, clare and cbt use their legs out wide - i like puzza but maybe rst him and get souare on the ball - famewho back in - he's a good player, just had a few shaky games, trying to do too much 
  • Options
    So the Adkins bullshit this week is we’re trying to implement our playing style and basically he needs more time. He says we’re playin 433 but it still looks 4231. It’s shit to watch think we’re lose again. Please start playing 2 forwards especially at home.If it keeps up I think I’ll switch to watching the women’s team instead. Got to be more entertaining 
  • Options
    Oh in the excitement and anticipation I forgot my prediction lose 1-0 
  • Options
    Pompey are going to treat us like a cheap dockside whore. Toy with us at their leisure, ruthlessly reveal our deficiencies and leaving us full of self loathing and a rather nasty rash...

0-3
  • Options
    Waiting for the VFR post
  • Options
    Will be very interesting to see the welcome the Pompey fans give to MacGillivray.

A rousing round of applause or something maybe not quite as friendly?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Uboat said:
    We will definitely win this. Don’t shoot the messenger - just passing on information. 
    Is this inside info?  :D
  • Options
    According to the Match Preview put out by the club a litle earlier Washington will be assessed before the game regarding his ankle.

Assuming he is fit to play I wouldnt change the team tooooo  much from the starting line-up on Tues, although I would put Famewo in for Pearce & Gilbey for Morgan. 

I would love to predict a win but seeing as both teams are shot shy then I'm going for coconuts......

0-0........and Adkins survives for another few days.
  • Options
    Pompey are going to treat us like a cheap dockside whore. Toy with us at their leisure, ruthlessly reveal our deficiencies and leaving us full of self loathing and a rather nasty rash...

0-3
    Last time I was with a cheap dockside whore she was quite complimentary and I hardly felt like a paying customer at all.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Will be very interesting to see the welcome the Pompey fans give to MacGillivray.

Probably the former... Their fans on twitter think him as their best Goalkeeper since David James and only left because Portsmouth didnt offer him a new deal
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    If Washington is fit to start then the same team with Arter coming in for Watson (if fit enough). Until Gilbey is fully up to speed we have to stick with Morgan in the two for the chance of some creativity, and, apparently Morgan looks better with an old boy next to him.

If no Washington then I'd be tempted, tempted, to put Davisson out wide with Leko through the middle to try and imitate that Washington role or Kirk wide with Davisson up top again. Two out and out wingers/ winger and Leko just destroys our pedestrian midfield. 

But, yeah, what do I know 🤷🏻‍♂️

McGillivray
    Matthews Lavelle Pearce Purrington
                          Arter Morgan     
                                Lee
                                             CBT   
          Davisson     Leko

3-1 win
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I'm blaming the bovral already for anything that could possibly go wrong tomorrow
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Is this inside info?  :D
    Yes, I’m from the future, but I don’t like to talk about it. 
  • Options
    Another game to dread. Not looking fwd to another afternoon with a toxic crowd as we struggle to have a shot on target. Was so looking fwd to this season but there you go. 1-0 to Portsmouth with Curtis scoring and dancing in front of the covered end, I cannot stand him.
  • Options
    Pompey have sold out the away end and I may be wrong, but I don't recall us winning that many games against sold out support.
    Once again anything could happen, I'll go 1-1.
  • Options

Probably the former... Their fans on twitter think him as their best Goalkeeper since David James and only left because Portsmouth didnt offer him a new deal
    Pompey chose to let him go, as the contractual uplift was higher than they were prepared to pay

In a way, both teams are winners, we get a decent keeper, while they have the brilliant City kid Bazunu
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pompey are better than the Gills, that's for sure. Adkins has not sorted out the midfield yet so I doubt if we will win.
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to a post match curry more than the game. Any recommendations between Charlton and Greenwich?
  • Options
    Whatever our problems, Pompey have 2 draws and 3 defeats in their last 5 games, they're nothing special either.

They've score the same number of goals as us this season, a mediocre 7 in 8 matches

I expect a tight match, one goal either way deciding it
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    So the Adkins bullshit this week is we’re trying to implement our playing style and basically he needs more time. He says we’re playin 433 but it still looks 4231. It’s shit to watch think we’re lose again. Please start playing 2 forwards especially at home.If it keeps up I think I’ll switch to watching the women’s team instead. Got to be more entertaining 
    I think we’re shoving signs of improvement, and while that’s from a very low base, I reckon we may be about to
    start turning our season round. Need to stop being so vulnerable down our flanks though. 
    No idea who will and won’t be starting, but would like to see Lee, CBT and Davison again. 
    I’m bring my second oldest friend, who’s a Dulwich fan, so I hope it’s a decent game at least. 
    Think we might actually win this one 2-1. 
  • Options
    Looking forward to this. Of course can't be there but will be watching on TV. A packed away end and a good atmosphere. 1-1 for me. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    1-1 draw, which will buy Adkins another 5 games. *sigh*
  • Options
    Amazed people want Morgan in the side still. 
    I’d go the same as Gillingham with Arter and Dobson for Watson and Morgan. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Amazed people want Morgan in the side still. 
    I’d go the same as Gillingham with Arter and Dobson for Watson and Morgan. 
    So you'd not be going the same as Gillingham at all.
  • Options
    Midfield needs to be made up of the our toughest tackling, players at least until we put some form of run together, teams walk through us to easily.

Also our players do not seem as fit as most of the opposition we play, is this because Nigel changes his team substantially each game?

I believe Nigel has until the next International break to turn it around.
  • Options
    1-0 Lee All very cagey, but a clean sheet win, a clean sheet win, we will win…