Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Petrol Supply Problems

Comments

• edited September 2021
    Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Uboat said:
    News outlets: THERE’S A PETROL CRISIS!!! (but don’t panic buy).
    Pretty much how I see it.

Also news outlets: it’s because of Covid and Brexit.

The public: bloody Covid eh.

Don’t forget Br..

BLOODY COVID!
    where has all this happened?

Absolutely plastered all over social network.  To be expected I guess.
    can I suggest you stop reading it then because you're bringing it onto a thread that isn't going down that road until you and rothko start banging on like all seeing all knowing authorities
    The thread is about fuel shortages.

The fuel shortages are due to lorry driver shortages.

The lorry driver shortage is due to Covid and brexit.

So whether if upsets you or not, it is very much “down that road”.  I have no authority on this subject bit of an odd point, I’m just repeating what most media outlets are airing. 
    Lorry driver shortages are Europewide mate  
    So what do you know that the head of UK haulage companies don’t then?  If you have info they don’t you should help them out.
    Shut up and go over onto the relevant Group discussion pages.
    😂 Textbook response when found wanting.

Again, this is a fuel shortage thread, I’m discussing causes of the fuel shortage.  It’s thee most relevant thread.
    textbook bellendery

rather than taking the hint, trying to make others look wrong.

fucking boring
    Taking what hint, if it’s relevant to the thread I’ll post what I want when I want despite who it upsets.  If you can’t stomach discussing the causes of the thread title that’s your problem not mine.  
    whatever, you're boring.
    And you’re angry cos I’ve a point.
  • Get an old diesel and throw in some veg oil. Might smell like a chippy but you'll keep going. 
    Chippy doesn’t smell. I’ve met him.
    Lol was about to say the same.
  • edited September 2021
    Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Uboat said:

Don’t forget Br..

BLOODY COVID!

can I suggest you stop reading it then because you're bringing it onto a thread that isn't going down that road until you and rothko start banging on like all seeing all knowing authorities

So whether if upsets you or not, it is very much “down that road”.  I have no authority on this subject bit of an odd point, I’m just repeating what most media outlets are airing. 
    So what do you know that the head of UK haulage companies don’t then?  If you have info they don’t you should help them out.

Again, this is a fuel shortage thread, I’m discussing causes of the fuel shortage.  It’s thee most relevant thread.
    textbook bellendery

fucking boring
    Taking what hint, if it’s relevant to the thread I’ll post what I want when I want despite who it upsets.  If you can’t stomach discussing the causes of the thread title that’s your problem not mine.  
    whatever, you're boring.
    But right.
  • But longer than the petrol
  • The local fuel station being blocked has ground the rest of the traffic down to a crawl. Rush hours going to be a nightmare this evening.
  • I’m going out and buying 150 bogrolls tonight. You never know.
    Up for some swapsies if you're interested. Got 60L of petrol in the garage.
  • Sponsored links:

• The local fuel station being blocked has ground the rest of the traffic down to a crawl. Rush hours going to be a nightmare this evening.
    For those heading to Charlton tomorrow via Sun in the Sands / Shooters Hill Road

Wonder if it might be worth leaving a little earlier for the game tomorrow, as you've got that Shell petrol station just before Shooters Hill and Old Dover Road - Will make that junction hell tomorrow if there are queues
  • won't be a problem as I doubt they'll have any left past tonight !
  • won't be a problem as I doubt they'll have any left past tonight !
    Yeah that wont surprise me either
  • Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Uboat said:

Don’t forget Br..

BLOODY COVID!

all we need is someone to mention race so paddy can rock up in all of his authority , its fucking boring

textbook bellendery

fucking boring
    whatever, you're boring.
    But right.

He's not right though.

Seeing as the discussion is continueing on here - 
    https://trans.info/en/there-s-a-europe-wide-hgv-driver-shortage-so-why-do-uk-supply-chains-seem-more-disrupted-254524

I'll be happy to post up the empty shelves that they sometimes have in my local supermarkets, with "not available" signs one the shelves, next time I'm in one
    For those heading to Charlton tomorrow via Sun in the Sands / Shooters Hill Road

Wonder if it might be worth leaving a little earlier for the game tomorrow, as you've got that Shell petrol station just before Shooters Hill and Old Dover Road - Will make that junction hell tomorrow if there are queues
    I doubt if there will be any petrol left there by then.
  • Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Uboat said:

Don’t forget Br..

BLOODY COVID!

all we need is someone to mention race so paddy can rock up in all of his authority , its fucking boring

textbook bellendery

fucking boring
    whatever, you're boring.
    But right.

He's not right though.

Seeing as the discussion is continueing on here - 
    https://trans.info/en/there-s-a-europe-wide-hgv-driver-shortage-so-why-do-uk-supply-chains-seem-more-disrupted-254524

I'll be happy to post up the empty shelves that they sometimes have in my local supermarkets, with "not available" signs one the shelves, next time I'm in one
    No one is denying there’s issues around Europe.  Our own HGV bosses are saying it’s a combination of Covid and B***** 
  • Macronate said:
    About 1% of 8,380 petrol stations in the UK are believed to be closed.

And there is not a fuel shortage.

I hope all the idiot motorists in the queues at petrol stations get home and find that all their house insulation has been nicked.
    by the sounds of it they are all round here !
  • Macronate said:
    About 1% of 8,380 petrol stations in the UK are believed to be closed.

And there is not a fuel shortage.

I hope all the idiot motorists in the queues at petrol stations get home and find that all their house insulation has been nicked.
    I’m willing to bet that 1% stat is now out of date. The forecourt might not be closed but if it hasn’t got any fuel it might just as well be. 
  • There is no shortage of HGV drivers in the UK.

There is/was a severe lack of drivers willing to do an often horrible job for £10 per hour.

Surprised this hasn't been said yet, to be honest. It's well known that working conditions for HGV drivers is deemed as sub-par by pretty much all drivers. The shortage is a multi-faceted issue, as with most things, but reductionists will always scream the loudest.

The ONS [Offfice for National Statistics] has revealed that 12,000 HGV have left the UK up until June 2020 ,and returned to EU countries
  • Sponsored links:

• Phew. If this is true thank gawd that's all over. I bet they can't wait to jack in their jobs and hurry back. 

• Here we go again...

There is/was a severe lack of drivers willing to do an often horrible job for £10 per hour.

Surprised this hasn't been said yet, to be honest. It's well known that working conditions for HGV drivers is deemed as sub-par by pretty much all drivers. The shortage is a multi-faceted issue, as with most things, but reductionists will always scream the loudest.

The ONS [Offfice for National Statistics] has revealed that 12,000 HGV have left the UK up until June 2020 ,and returned to EU countries
    Absolutely. As I said, it's a multi-faceted issue.

Absolutely. As I said, it's a multi-faceted issue.
    Exactly this, nice to see we are in agreement today BBW.
  • IanJRO said:

Before anyone starts about politics, this isn't a political stance it's just the facts of the matter! :smile:

IanJRO said:
    IanJRO said:
    Reason for this is a labour shortage caused by a combination of Covid and Brexit.

Ending FoM has screwed us when it comes to a ready supply of labour for lower paid jobs, combine this with increasing absenteeism due to the pandemic and it is causing problems across many industries.

Before anyone starts about politics, this isn't a political stance it's just the facts of the matter! :smile:

Any idea why there hasn’t been an issue getting petrol to forecourts prior to this week ? I can’t work out why it’s suddenly an issue. The driver issue has been around for months.
    I don't know the ins and outs
    Cast iron facts…..
  • edited September 2021
    Regardless of the myriad reasons that we have a shortage of HGV drivers, it remains that we need a solution. Relaxing of visa requirements is certainly one way of instant relief but I doubt a full solution. If there is a shortage accross the EU too then I’m guessing most of those drivers previously here would prefer to find work within the EU before looking outside, for reasons best not spoken about here. Longer term, pay and conditions are the only way to solve the shortage. Exactly the same solution as in nursing and care home professions. Brits won’t do shitty jobs without good remuneration. The upward pressure on prices is something we’ll perhaps need to get used to ?
  • My brother is returning from Liverpool on business. Queues there but got petrol at the services at £1.59 a litre. Queues not so large there! 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!