Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Covered End Support

edited September 2021 in General Charlton
The support is awesome when the Covered End gets behind the team. But singing that we’re effing s***? Who does that help exactly? Not Charlton. 

I’ve seen Charlton play **** before but it’s the fans more than the football that puts me off going right now.

Comments

• Options
    Covered End
  • Options
    It’ll help Charlton if it helps get Adkins the boot!
  • Options
    Tbf ‘you’re nothing special, we lose every week’ was immediately followed by our second goal today so maybe it does help…
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Well that was the general consensus behind fans wanting Bowyer out on here and Social Media.

Just need to be careful what we wish for

Always warned that his replacement could easily leave us in this sort of position... and that they would help Charlton
  • Options
    Demographics. 

Heads for popcorn.
  • Options
    Interesting that there were no boos at the end. Not that I could hear anyway. There were at HT so the crowd appreciated the 2nd half effort. 
  • Options
    From the first Wigan goal going in and the resulting chants to present day, the supporters in the Covered End are disappointing me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm probably wrong, but is the CE amplified by any chance, there does appear to be one or two microphones in the roof. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I'm probably wrong, but is the CE amplified by any chance, there does appear to be one or two microphones in the roof. 
    No probably cause there is twice the number of home support behind the goal than the half full East and West Stands
  • Options
    Just checking what was the score when the crowd turned toxic and what did it end up 
    seriously I know our support is shit more than anyone but we can’t blame them for our general wankness 
  • Options
    Well that was the general consensus behind fans wanting Bowyer out on here and Social Media.

Just need to be careful what we wish for

Always warned that his replacement could easily leave us in this sort of position... and that they would help Charlton
    Just like when Roland (partially)  left it would always be for the better even if it got worse first which it clearly has 
    and please don’t ever forget the loyal one walked out on us because it suited him and it got better after he left and of course it has got worse since but he was a poisoned chalice just like Nigel is now 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Covered end getting a lot of stick on here.
    Personally I like him.

The normally mild mannered gentleman was a bit frustrated when I had the pleasure of bumping into him yesterday.
  • Options
    The microphones are to pick up sound not amplify it.

There is no amplification.

The CE makes some great noise and back the team most of the time, especially when they can see the team having a go.

While I don't like the negative chants personally it's the flip side of having a passionate, noisy end, when things are going poorly they vent their frustration and I don't think that's wrong..

Still a lot more noise and people joining in for the positive stuff though.

It's what they say about playing at clubs like Newcastle. The passionate support is a big asset when they're behind the team, but when they get angry and start turning on the team, that's great for the opposition, who can feed on the tension it causes in the home team

With less passionate crowds, you imagine the crowd has less effect either way. I can't imagine the MK Dons home end sucking the ball into the net, and similarly I'd be surprised to read about "MK Dons boo boys"
  • Options
    It almost seems as if we can’t wait for something to go wrong. 

Let’s get behind the players durning the game. 

Support the team not the regime.
  • Options
    It almost seems as if we can’t wait for something to go wrong. 

Let’s get behind the players durning the game. 

Support the team not the regime.
    It's where we are, little connection to the team/players, expectation that we're going to roll over and have our tummy's tickled every game. A manager who seems woefully out of his depth. We're losing most games before the whistle is blown due to the team selection, formation and sticking to what Adkins believes is the way to play regardless of the personnel available.

All of that leads to negativity pretty quickly.

For instance Adkins said we changed formation after 15 minutes (not sure I readily saw that) - but the question there is why would you need to change after 15 minutes and need to take a central midfielder off after 45, one reason and one reason only, he got the tactics, formation and players completely wrong, again.

Not like Portsmouth suddenly started fighting south paw to fool us....... don't forget Portsmouth themselves hadn't won since 17th August. They had four straight defeats then a draw before us, the draw was only because they scored in 90+5.

Bolton were unlucky not to get something at Sunderland yesterday, if we continue as we have been, they'll whip us on Tuesday. They'll play a version of 451 so expect our midfield to get overrun when we play a version of 4 0.5 1 2 2.5 or whatever masterplan Adkins comes up with next to only need to change it after 10 minutes when we go a goal down.

• Options
    Part of the problem is that we are to slow going forward. As soon as we get going the ball goes backwards
  • Options
    The first time I noticed them was sometime when we were in the Premiership, so probably around 2000. I'm not sure that there's a connection but I always though it was because somebody did a report on comparative noise levels in the stands at premiership grounds (it was probably a promotional gimmick by some company or another). Again, don't quote me on this, but if I remember correctly The Covered End was second on a per-head basis to Leicester.  
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Part of the problem is that we are to slow going forward. As soon as we get going the ball goes backwards
    Why run forward ? When walking is brilliant !!! 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Partly true. Pearce yesterday had 3 plays in his locker. Back to the GK, punt upfield in the general direction of Stockley or get caught in possession and fall over. I get people are frustrated, beer is flowing pre game and everyones expectation is we are in the Top 6. However, booing mid game is really not the answer. A team depleted of confidence Booed by their own fans is never gonna turn out well. Yesterday, they rallied themselves for the 2nd half but I put that down to Adkins team talk formation change and subs rather than the boo boys in the stadium.