Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Covered End Support

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2021
    lonman said:
    cafc999 said:
    Part of the problem is that we are to slow going forward. As soon as we get going the ball goes backwards
    Partly true. Pearce yesterday had 3 plays in his locker. Back to the GK, punt upfield in the general direction of Stockley or get caught in possession and fall over. I get people are frustrated, beer is flowing pre game and everyones expectation is we are in the Top 6. However, booing mid game is really not the answer. A team depleted of confidence Booed by their own fans is never gonna turn out well. Yesterday, they rallied themselves for the 2nd half but I put that down to Adkins team talk formation change and subs rather than the boo boys in the stadium. 
    I get that and agree with you but how many times this season have we gone on the attack and taken the defensive pass instead of the attacking one? When we take the latter the energy of the crowd dissipates very quickly. 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    lonman said:
    cafc999 said:
    Part of the problem is that we are to slow going forward. As soon as we get going the ball goes backwards
    Partly true. Pearce yesterday had 3 plays in his locker. Back to the GK, punt upfield in the general direction of Stockley or get caught in possession and fall over. I get people are frustrated, beer is flowing pre game and everyones expectation is we are in the Top 6. However, booing mid game is really not the answer. A team depleted of confidence Booed by their own fans is never gonna turn out well. Yesterday, they rallied themselves for the 2nd half but I put that down to Adkins team talk formation change and subs rather than the boo boys in the stadium. 
    I het that and agree with you but how many times thus season have we gone on the attack and taken the defensive pass instead of the attacking one? When we take the latter the energy of the crowd dissipates very quickly. 

Yes we have done that a few times, but I put that down to players confidence. I don't think Adkins is instructing them to do it. Having never played football at any decent level I'm pretty sure the 'easy pass' we see from the stands isn't as 'easy' as it looks when you're with the ball on the pitch.
  • Options
    lonman said:
    cafc999 said:
    lonman said:
    cafc999 said:
    I het that and agree with you but how many times thus season have we gone on the attack and taken the defensive pass instead of the attacking one? When we take the latter the energy of the crowd dissipates very quickly. 

Yes we have done that a few times, but I put that down to players confidence. I don't think Adkins is instructing them to do it. Having never played football at any decent level I'm pretty sure the 'easy pass' we see from the stands isn't as 'easy' as it looks when you're with the ball on the pitch.
    Yes the easy pass from the stands may not be as easy but our players are full time professionals and our opposition always appear to do well against us playing the easy pass. 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Rob said:
    Interesting that there were no boos at the end. Not that I could hear anyway. There were at HT so the crowd appreciated the 2nd half effort. 
    We “won” the second half so that helped.

I can’t understand paying £££s to watch/support a team and booing or chanting derogatory stuff during the game.

At the end maybe. But do the morons around the drum believe abusive chants and songs are motivating? If they do they should be told to fuck off and support Millwall.
    I don't they pay to boo, they boo because they've paid.

If that makes sense
  • Options
    We've been playing crap and are near the bottom of L1 - I'm surprised the crowd hasn't been more toxic tbf... 
    this - players / management still getting off fairly lightly at the moment 

much better 2nd half yesterday but the frustration is there for all to see. 
  • Options
    I'd always remember the " always look on the bright side of life" sung as we got relegated by Tottenham. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let's stay classy, not fickle.
    Leave the fickleness to other clubs.
    F@ck me these Arsenal fans have changed thier tune to 2 weeks ago

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Let's stay classy, not fickle.
    Leave the fickleness to other clubs.
    F@ck me these Arsenal fans have changed thier tune to 2 weeks ago

Their 
  • Options
    We could do with a raucous crowd Tuesday night, giving it big time to Bolton, not our players!
  • Options
    ps, totally agree with you Vincenzo
  • Options
    I could understand if the "crowd" turned on Saturday but it had already turned by the Wigan game.  Supprising that it was that quick. 
  • Options
    I wrote this to start a new thread, without realising a thred already existed.

Throughout our history the Covered End singing and chanting has driven teams on, through good times and bad. This season there seems to be an undercurrent of the fans at that end of the ground to turn on the team and the management at the earliest opportunity. I understand that fans pay their money and in theory they have the right to show their discontent when the team is playing poorly, but all it does is put more pressure on the players. Surely our job as fans is to support the team even when in our hearts we know they are playing badly. Do you think that chanting "We're fucking shit", " You're not fit to wear the shirt", "Sacked in the morning", etc, will motivate any team. My gut feeling is that players on the field will think that I can't make a mistake, so play within themselves, rather than be ambitious and try something extraordinary, to avoid fans starting to pick on them.
    Some people state that Thomas put that on himself with his preseason quotes of "We're going to blow this league out of the water" etc, but he is the owner, not the team.
    I sit in the Alan Curbishley stand, and it is the noise from the Covered End that actually animate the fans in that stand, which ends up with more sound around the ground.
    There must be many fans in the Covered End who don't agree with this negative chanting, amongst them must be leaders who can moderate the negative vibes.
    I'm also aware that the small amount of booing for Taking the Knee, comes from the Covered End, where the rest of the ground applauses. A question for those like minded people in that end, is it the same people who are booing taking the knee the same people who are starting the negative chanting.
    I just don't get it, support the team, through thick and thin (lots of thin at the moment!) If you're unhappy, discuss with your mates, moan in the pub, keep quiet when the defense allows a player to walk through them and then cheer them on when the ball returns to the centre spot.
    I'm looking for long standing members of the Covered End to try to moderate the negative chanting for the sake of the team, and would like to hear from such people how they feel when the chanting starts.
    @coveredend is your man
  • Options
    Crowds reflect what's happening on the pitch. 

This is the worst season in history so far in terms of league position. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It will be interesting to see what the crowd is on tuesday night. I think quite a few won't bother.
  • Options
    I was amazed how empty the East Stand looked, I reckon you could have got all the fans into 2 x blocks.
  • Options
    I'd always remember the " always look on the bright side of life" sung as we got relegated by Tottenham. 
    Same! 
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see what the crowd is on tuesday night. I think quite a few won't bother.
    Now would that be the official crowd or those actually in attendance?
  • Options
    I sit in the lower covered end and most people don’t boo etc 
  • Options
    It’s nothing to do with the fans that the players aren’t good enough. It’s the players and the management’s fault, no-one else’s.
  • Options
    Belv said:
    It’s nothing to do with the fans that the players aren’t good enough. It’s the players and the management’s fault, no-one else’s.
    So the fans decide after 1 or 2 games a players not fit to wear the shirt?
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    cafc999 said:
    lonman said:
    cafc999 said:
    I get that and agree with you but how many times this season have we gone on the attack and taken the defensive pass instead of the attacking one? When we take the latter the energy of the crowd dissipates very quickly. 
    To be fair on Adkins I was seated just behind him yesterday and he was literally having kittens at the back passing and slowness in general of getting balls forward. Twice he screamed FFS and threw a water bottle in frustration so I dont think it is something they are being  coached to do
    Which begs the question of are the players playing for the manager?