Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Covered End Support

Comments

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Belv said:
    It’s nothing to do with the fans that the players aren’t good enough. It’s the players and the management’s fault, no-one else’s.
    So the fans decide after 1 or 2 games a players not fit to wear the shirt?
    to be fair this slump is a bit more than 1 or 2 shit games
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Belv said:
    It’s nothing to do with the fans that the players aren’t good enough. It’s the players and the management’s fault, no-one else’s.
    to be fair this slump is a bit more than 1 or 2 shit games
    It was being sung at the Wigan game.
  • Options
    I was on holiday for that one, but we've clearly got some psychic fans
  • Options
    I was on holiday for that one, but we've clearly got some psychic fans
    I'd say idiotic.
  • Options
    I've had a ST for 40+ years, this is the worst side I've seen - every week there's half a dozen changes and we look so ill prepared, we seem to change our shape/systems 10/15 mins into every game, why???

I'm normally one to give managers and players a chance, but this is the lowest we've been in my lifetime. Yes the players aren't performing but the buck stops with the manager.

With the squad available NA should be doing better, I've seen no real improvement over the past few weeks. I don't think he's going to be able to turn this around and I think he's getting off pretty lightly at the moment.
    If from the start of the game tomorrow the fans are singing 
    We want Adkins out , your alright with that?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I've had a ST for 40+ years, this is the worst side I've seen - every week there's half a dozen changes and we look so ill prepared, we seem to change our shape/systems 10/15 mins into every game, why???

I'm normally one to give managers and players a chance, but this is the lowest we've been in my lifetime. Yes the players aren't performing but the buck stops with the manager.

With the squad available NA should be doing better, I've seen no real improvement over the past few weeks. I don't think he's going to be able to turn this around and I think he's getting off pretty lightly at the moment.
    ‘Sacked in the morning’ is getting off lightly?
    after 30 mins of more absolute crap and being 0-1 (again) yes....we look the same clueless side at the start of every game
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    clb74 said:

If from the start of the game tomorrow the fans are singing 
    We want Adkins out , your alright with that?
    but they won't be

edit - if we make another half a dozen changes, start in our usual shite way and are 1-0 down after 20 mins looking like we've never met - then yes I'd be fine with that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think we about right in the league with the squad we have.

Apart from CBT no player stands out for me. A shocking window, poor transfer policy and panic buying after 4 games see's us where we are.

Pep, Jose & Sir Alex would struggle with the players we have on the books.
  • Options
    I'm probably wrong, but is the CE amplified by any chance, there does appear to be one or two microphones in the roof. 
    The microphones are to pick up sound not amplify it.

There is no amplification.

The CE makes some great noise and back the team most of the time, especially when they can see the team having a go.

While I don't like the negative chants personally it's the flip side of having a passionate, noisy end, when things are going poorly they vent their frustration and I don't think that's wrong..

Still a lot more noise and people joining in for the positive stuff though.

Given those microphones have been up there since the stand was built, I doubt they are still working as efficiently as they used to!
  • Options
    We need to admit we have a growing number of the righteous indignation crew in our fanbase.  They enjoy being outraged more than supporting the club.  They would never admit it but subconsciously they would rather we lose so they can yell and scream than for us to win.  You even see it on this forum with the number of posters who are quick to complain about the club but never post a thing when we are doing well.  For example, the number of posters who are so quick to rip an imperfect inexperienced owner just one year out who saved us from administration and clearly is passionate about the club - the exact things we said we were looking for - the antithesis of RD - but now that is not good enough.

However,  I don’t think this is unique to Charlton.  It is happening with many clubs and also outside of sport whether it be politics, music, movies (ie read some Star Wars or marvel fan forums and it is even worse). I have no clue what is driving it; social media information overload behind the veil of anonymity, pent up anger from the pandemic and people wanting release that in a group setting, entitled millennials - who knows.  I am just sick of it personally. That’s why I spend time watching entertainment,  football etc around like minded people who I know who enjoy the experience without the anger.
    What you’re suggesting is that if you have an opinion that unless you’ve posted before you can’t express it?
    I have reservations about Sandgaard and won’t hide them just because he’s not the last guy. Regardless of whether I’ve posted or not posted before.
  • Options

Apart from CBT no player stands out for me. A shocking window, poor transfer policy and panic buying after 4 games see's us where we are.

i disagree with this - i think this is squarely on adkins and his formation - there isn't one new player there that adkins didn't want 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

i disagree with this - i think this is squarely on adkins and his formation - there isn't one new player there that adkins didn't want 
    That is a sweeping statement and one that I am not sure is true. I recall a couple of interviews where NA was asked about the latest signing and he seemed to struggle to describe them, almost like he had never heard of them.

You may be right however if you are we can only assume NA is not a good judge of talent/players.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Belv said:
    Obviously not but have their right to their opinion.

I'm not saying that anyway, people are coming out with the usual rubbish "oh, how does that help?" seen someone even suggest it helps the opposition ffs, we were already 2-0 down before any booing or anti-Adkins chants at Wycombe, 2-0 down at home to Cheltenham before any booing, 2-0 down at Oxford before anyone even knew how bad this season would be, there was no booing at home to Wigan, lost 2-0.

It's always the same when the team plays badly and fans rightly get pissed off, other fans start blaming the ones that are pissed off.

The players are useless, it's that simple. They are at fault as are the management team that can't get a tune out of them, nothing to do with fans.
  • Options
    You sound like an Arsenal fan.

Instead of booing and abusing your own team, why not start Charlton Fan TV to rant about how the manager should be sacked and the players are useless. Palace and Millwall fans will love it.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    You sound like an Arsenal fan.

Instead of booing and abusing your own team, why not start Charlton Fan TV to rant about how the manager should be sacked and the players are useless. Palace and Millwall fans will love it.
    I don't do either of those things but thanks for the suggestion.
  • Options
    Well, i know we all love a bit of Arsenal Fans TV. Its hilarious and great viewing when they lose! I bet it was different yesterday though! And there's the rub, continue to serve up absolute crap and you'll get booed, put a performance in like Arsenal gid against Spurs and you're heroes again. Nige needs a couple of resounding home wins to get the fans back on side. Simple.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Society is becoming more consumerist 'I know my rights' and the booing that started in the 18th minute is part of that. Just stupid. I wouldn't blame players for hiding. If you are looking for fantastic play and guaranteed results and general brilliance you are supporting the wrong club. So, please, just go. 
  • Options
    So what’s the problem with getting behind the team for 90 mins even if we go one or two nil down and let Adkins have it at the final whistle ? 

It's not fashionable.
  • Options
    So what’s the problem with getting behind the team for 90 mins even if we go one or two nil down and let Adkins have it at the final whistle ? 

Why don't you take it upon yourself to start the chants and cheering then? 

Always feel like people in the crowd blame others for not 'supporting' enough when they sit there in silence or aren't there. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

That is a sweeping statement and one that I am not sure is true. I recall a couple of interviews where NA was asked about the latest signing and he seemed to struggle to describe them, almost like he had never heard of them.

You may be right however if you are we can only assume NA is not a good judge of talent/players.
    well it comes from high up in the club - not roddy or gallen - the view is that TS has provided the squad NA wanted and now its down to him  
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

‘Sacked in the morning’ is getting off lightly?
    after 30 mins of more absolute crap and being 0-1 (again) yes....we look the same clueless side at the start of every game
    It’s still not ‘getting off lightly’ though is it.

Also, there is one main effect of singing things like that, and it isn’t him getting sacked in the morning. It’s our heads going down, and the oppositions’ going up. We’re literally less likely to win the game as a result. Are you happy with that?

If Sandgaard wants to sack the manager he’ll do it, but in the meantime I don’t want to stifle an obviously nervous team, just when things are starting to come together (a bit), because that’s what those chants do. There have been plenty of clubs who have recovered from a shocking start to a season without sacking the manager. I’d give him five more games at least, but in that time I’d like to see him being braver with his formations and selections.

(This is written with no behind the scenes knowledge, and on the basis that he has a decent reputation in the game. If he’s lost the dressing room, or isn’t liked at the club I might think differently).
  • Options
    Football fans are pretty much the same whatever club they support. 
    If the team is winning and playing good football they are happy and cheer their team on.
    When the team is playing shite  football and losing they will boo etc.
    It's nothing new and it's not unique to Charlton. 
    There are plenty of teams that have been playing shite football for years and the fans don’t boo.