Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Bolton Wanderers | Tuesday 28th September 2021

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Is there a deflection in there?
    I was right behind that and it didn't look like it, just an expertly curled finish inside the far post.
  • Options
    Turn over of play, couple of passes, defenders back off opposition score. Its been going on for longer then this season as well.

As well is our inability to dominate not to buckle when we are under a little pressure. 

• Options
    2 added minutes.
  • Options

45+1 Two minutes added...

• Options
    2nd bottom as it stands
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    We look so much better going forwards, but our defence is still so shit. Watson been so slow again.

A more clinical side would take us to The cleaners 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Why on earth was Matthews having to chase the striker, he had acres of space before Matthews got even close to him.

Dreadful defending.
  • Options
    I have no faith he'll fix the problem, but Gunter for Matthews at half time. Even before the goal he's been the weak link.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Was the goalkeeper waiting for a touch  seemed poor goalkeeping 
    Unfair looked like he was unsighted.
    Replay wasn't overly conclusive either way, although that shot should never come in, if matthews was doing his job properly 
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very soft goal, Matthews and goalie poor.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I have no faith he'll fix the problem, but Gunter for Matthews at half time. Even before the goal he's been the weak link.
    Opposition game plan consists entirely of targetting our right back with their best attacking players, whoever is playing there. We need someone in the January window.
  • Options
    Gunter is horrendous 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    [Obligatory "Doing a Golfie joke"]
    It's your fault if we lose this 
  • Options
    And that's half time 1-1.
  • Options
    Gunter deserves a go in his actual position 
  • Options
    I thought we did well for 35 mins. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Matthews digging his own grave tonight
    Probably explains why he's not doing so well, we all find it difficult to multitask...
    I’ve had a shite day and that really made me laugh - thank you 🙂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:
    Premier League in two years or I’ll get the lyrics to Addicks to Victory tattooed on my arse. 
    Surely that should be AND rather than or, unless you're incredibly keen on those lyrics.
  • Options
    Since when was half time twenty minutes?
  • Options
    Watching the Daimler Dart one again @DaveMehmet

😉
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Gunter is horrendous 
    Matthews isn't any better - we're between a rock and a hard place. AM's last three games:

- targeted by Gills second half
    - targeted by Pompey
    - targeted by Bolton 
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    The right set up but Clare is the weak link as the attacking mid. He was missing for most of the half.
    Get Washington on up front with Davison and Lee back in central mid and we could win this game.
    Clare's been MOM...
  • Options
    What have I missed?

oh!
  • Options
    Looked good for 40 mins, should have got a second. Somehow let them back in. Poor goal to concede. This is winnable but we need to keep our concentration at all times.
  • Options
    Matthew has been good going forward today, but as usual a liability at the back.

This Dapo has been class in all fairness 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!