Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Bolton Wanderers | Tuesday 28th September 2021

Comments

• Options
    Southbank said:
    Southbank said:
    The right set up but Clare is the weak link as the attacking mid. He was missing for most of the half.
    Get Washington on up front with Davison and Lee back in central mid and we could win this game.
    Clare's been MOM...
    Tell me 2 things he did. Spent most of the half making himself unavailable to defenders looking for an out ball.
    Leko has been the most effective so far by the way.
    Apart from breaking up multiple through passes, one of which led directly to our goal?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Southbank said:
    The right set up but Clare is the weak link as the attacking mid. He was missing for most of the half.
    Get Washington on up front with Davison and Lee back in central mid and we could win this game.
     Completely disagree. 

Lee seemed to be too far forward for the 4-3-3 that we started with (and looked comfortable with for the first 35 minutes)

After that he's pushed up to support Davison - an unnecessary move. We've almost gone 4-2-4
    We started 442 with Davison and Lee up front and CBT and Leko on the wings. For that to work both wingers have to track back and one of the central mids, Clare , has to carry the ball in midfield. That did not happen and the defence was left with no outball.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Same old crap - unable to get a 2nd goal when on top, and concede another sloppy goal.  Anything less than a win and Adkins has to go. 
    Not sure what Adkins can do differently in that half. The players were inches multiple times from the right connection.

On him though to motivate and get them back on track. 

Anything less than a win tonight is a poor result, especially from a leading position.
  • Options
    SSN: Bolton have lost their last two and have not lost three on the bounce for over a year
  • Options
    One effort on target, just saying ...
  • Options
    Much better performance. Did key players tire at the end which invited them onto us? 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I thought we did well for 35 mins. 
    And that's our issue. In most games this season we've done well for 35 minutes, but can never sustain it, and look totally lost for the other 55.
    That’s purely because we’re still vulnerable defensively. 
    Such a soft goal for Bolton. He got nothing on the shot, and it still found its way into the net. 
    We’re not looking strong enough on the ball. Leko in particular isn’t hanging onto it for long enough. 
  • Options
    You would never watch Matthews and think he was actually okay in the Championship. Such a regression. 
  • Options
    Leko and Davison have looked very good. Disappointing to be behind. Need to start converting the pressure when we have it. We will inevitably concede, one ain't enough. 
    Behind !!!!  Did I fall asleep & miss their 2nd

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well if the results stay as they are at the moment, we really should stop thinking about a top six finish and face facts that we are stuck in the bottom 4 and facing a real challenge to get out of it.
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    Would swap Leko and CBT. CBT will tear that left back for pace.
    Actually think definitely this will make us so much worse. Leko isn’t great at tracking but CBT just doesn’t do it. Their LW would be dominating even more 

Fair enough, didn't think of that.
  • Options
    Well, that was possibly the most enjoyable half of football I've seen this season, shame about conceding at the end.

I suppose we have to employ the "Boycott Principle" to our matches: whatever the score is, add two opposition goals to get a real reflection of the state of play.

Anyway, top marks to Davison, Leko, CBT, and Clare - that was great stuff from them. I really hope that the other players take note of how the ball was being crossed into the middle of the box for Josh and Lee to attack; so different to the shit they put in for Stockers.

On the basis of what I've seen thus far this evening we are more than capable of winning this; on the basis of what I've seen over the last forty years of watching Charlton we're more than capable of capitulating horribly.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Southbank said:
    Clare's been MOM...
    Tell me 2 things he did. Spent most of the half making himself unavailable to defenders looking for an out ball.
    Leko has been the most effective so far by the way.
    1. He started the move that led to our goal.
    2. He's been very lively and won the ball off them on several occasions. 
  • Options
    Good start, lost it a bit towards the end of the half, not fit enough to play a pressing game? 

Washington on for me, one of Leko, CBT or Lee off.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Southbank said:
     Completely disagree. 

Lee seemed to be too far forward for the 4-3-3 that we started with (and looked comfortable with for the first 35 minutes)

After that he's pushed up to support Davison - an unnecessary move. We've almost gone 4-2-4
    We started 442 with Davison and Lee up front and CBT and Leko on the wings. For that to work both wingers have to track back and one of the central mids, Clare , has to carry the ball in midfield. That did not happen and the defence was left with no outball.
    I thought there was more cover for the full backs than previous games.
  • Options
    At least we were winning at HT v Gillingham. Can we hold on for a point or push on for all 3...?

The next 45 mins will be critical....
  • Options
    That was  much better than Pompey.

Better shape.

Better energy. 

Better cohesion. 

Poor goal to concede but better defence. 
  • Options
    Thought we started strong and dictated the half for the majority. Both wingers looking exciting.
    Bolton must be sitting there now thinking they're lucky not to be 2 down instead go in level at half time. 
    Typical of our season so far at the moment. Tough times but I've actually thought we looked pretty good tonight just need a big effort this 2nd half now

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Uboat said:
    Premier League in two years or I’ll get the lyrics to Addicks to Victory tattooed on my arse. 
    Surely that should be AND rather than or, unless you're incredibly keen on those lyrics.
    You mean Addicks to Northwich & Victoria. Plenty of room I hear too….
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You watch us go to pieces in the second half ............. come on Charlton, prove me wrong
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Crucially I can confirm Leko's boots are red or orange 🍊
  • Options
    Steve Brown obviously gets paid by the word. Fcking relentless!  Amazed he has time to breathe. 
  • Options
    McGillivray was at fault for the goal....it wasn't a great shot
  • Options
    Second half started
  • Options
  • Options
    Lavelle heads back to McG.
  • Options
    Browny meant play with bollocks. 
  • Options
    Phew, Famewo looked like he got caught in possession there, by managed to style it out.
  • Options
    I have given it careful consideration and think Famewo is a bit of a donkey 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!