Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bring Curbs in

Comments

• Options
    Bring back the King after his long exile ? .. it wouldn't work, pity but there it is .. AND let's say Lord Llewellyn did accept an offer to take over the slippery reigns and we still ended up in L2 next season, that would be the end of his legendary status, a fabled time of almost all sweet memories, the Lord L crown would be tarnished, his memory blighted. 
    As a board member ?, yes please, that appointment is long overdue, experience like his over many many years would be invaluable to a novice owner like Sandy (but Sandy as a successful entrepreneur, a self made man might not like to take advice from ANYone about ANYthing) ..  but as a manager, or even as a mentor/father figure for a young pretender ?, I sadly repeat, it would not work 
  • Options
    Curbs should along with Peter Varney be expecting a call from Thomas to give their opinions and advice. Not necessarily involvement but they both could offer advice about what is going wrong. TS, I don’t think has good advice at present. I don’t rate Roddy. I’m guessing NA was Roddy’s suggestion. 
  • Options
    as Manager, no. In some sort of DOF or advisory role then yes. If, when, Adkins goes I want a young, dynamic manager with fresh ideas.
  • Options
    Wouldnt mind seeing him as the assistant to someone like Keith Peacock was too him. 

Personally I would pick Euell over JJ. Which would mean JJ would likely leave but think Euell has the experience with the u23s.  
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    TS would be a fool not to seek Curbs’ advice. And, if during the discussions it became apparent Curbs was up for coming in to stabilise the club until the end of the season, with no expectation other than removing the toxic atmosphere around the training ground and every match day, and a mid table finish, I would be very happy. I think most Charlton fans would be. The idea that if it was not a success his legacy would be tarnished is laughable.
  • Options
    No way … very short memories of his last 12/18 months in charge 
    short memories? we was established mid-table prem side, we have never had it so good in our lifetime, the highest since war times, i would rather play shit football and be a solid prem side, then play shit football and be at the bottom of league 1 
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    short memories? we was established mid-table prem side, we have never had it so good in our lifetime, the highest since war times, i would rather play shit football and be a solid prem side, then play shit football and be at the bottom of league 1 
    DFTT
  • Options
    I honestly don't think Curbs would be interested.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    He was in March
  • Options
    TS would be a fool not to seek Curbs’ advice. And, if during the discussions it became apparent Curbs was up for coming in to stabilise the club until the end of the season, with no expectation other than removing the toxic atmosphere around the training ground and every match day, and a mid table finish, I would be very happy. I think most Charlton fans would be. The idea that if it was not a success his legacy would be tarnished is laughable.
    It’s not laughable though. Have you seen the way a lot of our supporters react to the slightest thing going against us these days?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    If asked, he would help - pretty sure of that.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    It’s not laughable though. Have you seen the way a lot of our supporters react to the slightest thing going against us these days?
    A minority of our fans may overreact but given all the shit we've been through the vast majority have been very loyal. I'm 99% sure the reaction would have been far worse at a lot of other clubs.

Bashing our support seems pretty pointless.
  • Options
    If Curbs was appointed a question mark would have to be erected after his name on the stand, just to remind him that his legacy is good at the moment ... and needs to remain so. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I think we'd be crazy not to use him in some advisory capacity . Manager - No     but director of Football - Definitely 
  • Options
    Manager 100% no, offer TS advice yes.
  • Options
    I can't believe that we are bottom of L1 and some people on here, think that the possibility of our greatest ever manager coming back to help ud is so unpalatable!!

I don't care if he has been out of the game for thirty years - could he do any worse than old mate Nigel!!!
  • Options
    Another one of your wind-up’s…..how tiresome you are, you are just posting to wind-up CL.
  • Options
    He was ‘always’ prone to that……so it’s nothing new.
  • Options
    You mean when he managed Charlton to 11th and then 13th in the Premier League?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fully respect and love the bloke for what he did for us all those years ago, but a no from me. So much has changed in the game over the years and I would hate his golden status to be tarnished, if his past methods fail to deliver the positive change we all want to see immediately.
  • Options
    Fully respect and love the bloke for what he did for us all those years ago, but a no from me. So much has changed in the game over the years and I would hate his golden status to be tarnished, if his past methods fail to deliver the positive change we all want to see immediately.
    I keep hearing this 'so much has changed in the game'. Has it? What's changed since Curbs last managed? 
  • Options
    curbs as DOF and to appoint a manager (roddy out) and let steve avory oversee the academy - turf the black box out with roddy 
  • Options
    Don't care if Curbs has been out of management since 2008....he talks a lot of common sense and what it comes down to is man management.....would love to see him involved as DOF
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    I keep hearing this 'so much has changed in the game'. Has it? What's changed since Curbs last managed? 
    Nothing in 15 years, but everything in 18 months apparently........ 

The only thing I would want to see Curbs have is as an unofficial advisor, if we got an inexperienced manager. 

Either that our help Thomas draft the job spec and help with the recruitment. 
  • Options
    Too long out of the game, and if he's not a roaring success it will tarnish his allure with us
  • Options
    Director of Football is traditionally a pretty boring job, it's a lot of sorting out the footballing infrastructure of the club, and not just about recruitment of players