Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bring Curbs in

124»

Comments

• Options
    I know they probably aren’t close, and NA is his own man, but he could do well just put a call into Curbs and pick his brains.  I wonder if he’s thought of doing that?
  • Options
    I don't doubt Curbs' knowledge or ability, but I would be very cautious in bringing in a club legend, multi-year Premier League manager as a Director of Football. I cannot see that doing anything other that confusing and ultimately souring the relationship between owner and manager.
    I might be wrong, but for me, if things do not improve under Nigel Adkins (and I still hope they might) we need an experienced manager who will have new ideas and a strong personality to implement them throughout the club.
  • Options
    Absolute no brainer having him in charge. Bring it on, the sooner the better.

• Options
    cabbles said:
    I know they probably aren’t close, and NA is his own man, but he could do well just put a call into Curbs and pick his brains.  I wonder if he’s thought of doing that?
    Would not look good on NA though would it. And I suspect once he is invited "back in" the thought will always be that he is waiting in the wings to take over.
  • Options
    Upon much internal deliberation i am more and more warming to the thought of bringing AC in as the manager, he's been out the game for about 6 years now, but paired with a young progressive coaching team, I feel that the worries of his tactics and game plans being antiquated would be minimalized, he's still going to be the same man who knows how to run the show & be able to deal with the day to day shit that goes on at club level. Now lots of this may be partly nostalgia, but this season is over with, all that matters now is staying in the division & i have no doubt he could pull that rabbit out his hat.