Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton TV - Barnsley game available in the UK and Ireland?

Comments

• Options
    Blackpool72 - I spend enough time doing the match stats thanks very much, anyway you can prove anything with stats so they say!!!!
  • Options
    I watch most of the CTV productions and agree with Seth that the shots away from the action are very annoying and seem to be increasing. As I am paying a fee for the production I also believe that I have the right to criticise the production and ask for improvement.
    I was at the game so don’t know about the specific coverage yesterday.
    My main criticism has always been that those listening to audio commentary ought to hear what is occurring described as it is happening, as they are blind to the action and the commentator is supposed to be their eyes.
    Most especially if they are paying for the service
  • Options
    Blackpool72 - I spend enough time doing the match stats thanks very much, anyway you can prove anything with stats so they say!!!!
    I was joking .
    I know you do the match stats that's why I said it 😁
  • Options
    KBslittlesis
    I have not suggested that I do not have the right to criticise
    If Minto, gorgeous or not, has recently intervened I can only say that recently we have more cut aways from the action than before so perhaps his intervention has not helped.
    Surely being daft, as you call it, is what this site is all about - good daft and bad daft :)
    If he’s only just started to try & have an input it’s going to take time. I mean he’s good but he’s not super human 😜

I’m all for being daft, I mean I spend most of my time at it. But when you’re deliberately casting your rod for a bite then it gets a bit boring after awhile.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I watch most of the CTV productions and agree with Seth that the shots away from the action are very annoying and seem to be increasing. As I am paying a fee for the production I also believe that I have the right to criticise the production and ask for improvement.
    My main criticism has always been that those listening to audio commentary ought to hear what is occurring described as it is happening, as they are blind to the action and the commentator is supposed to be their eyes.
    I only listen.
    I have been very happy with the comms until the last game when Greg & my Bruv were out. I mean that other fella might be a lovely bloke but at times I had no idea what was going on.
    Made me really appreciate what we have normally.
    Yesterday was a complete contrast.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I only listen.
    I have been very happy with the comms until the last game when Greg & my Bruv were out. I mean that other fella might be a lovely bloke but at times I had no idea what was going on.
    Made me really appreciate what we have normally.
    Yesterday was a complete contrast.
    Is your brother a commentator?
  • Options
    I think we must have lost yesterday.  🙂
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    JohnnyH2 said:
    seth plum said:
    I thought it was supposed to be a Charlton Life trope that nobody should dare to criticise any aspect of club communications because they’re overworked put upon true Charlton fans working for nothing.
    Is it true that the money we pay for any type of communication goes straight to a cat charity?
    The owner criticised the comms team in the SLP recently 
    Indeed - and with less basis than Seth. Since he is their employer, it was particularly unprofessional.
  • Options
    @seth plum, @Henry Irving can we leave the personal stuff and the rehashing of old arguments out of it, and just concentrate on the critique of the telly coverage? Ta.
  • Options
    I paid for tonights game on my Mac earlier on and now logged in to my smart TV internet app to set it up.  I've logged into Charlton TV but it's not recognising I've paid for the game. My Mac login is OK and I can get the streaming screen.  Is this a glitch?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    As it happens Steve Brown spoke about the coverage on Charlton TV at Bromley Addicks last month.

He said that the external production company have no background in football coverage so while very professional don't always know when to cut to other shots etc. 

So Scott Minto, who has worked for Sky etc is coaching them on how to do it better and get the right replays, clips etc but, I assume, of course he can't really do that live.

So not the Comms team directly at fault here although you could, if you had an ongoing and personal and irrational vendetta, try to make it so.

Who hired this company? Possibly the Comms team or possibly someone else? Perhaps the budget doesn't allow for a more experienced team or it's penny pinching.

Must admit that I don't watch games on Charlton TV very often.

Nor on Sky or BT either but I have noticed similar issues with them showing replays etc when attacks are on (our first goal v Gateshead IIRC) and yesterday Sky seemed to show a lot of Pep and whoever the Arsenal coach was during the game (I was in the Rad).

But if the Charlton TV coverage can be improved then it's fair enough to say so IMHO
    I think you're being a bit harsh on yourself re your attitude to Seth there, Henry...
    Not really, I just don't like his personal and irrational vendetta against the comms teams highlighted by him saying the programme was badly written and then admitting he hadn't read it for years.   And that was just the start, he goes on and on about them.  
    I thought last weeks programme was excellent by the way!
  • Options
    Everybody had this re-registration email?

I had an email about 2 weeks ago saying my subscription as an oversees viewer would renew (it's gone up 25 quid). Nothing about when it was due.

Got another email this morning about re-registering. I just followed the link to re-register and change my password etc. Can't see what type of subscription I have. It just says I've been a member for 3 minutes. No package details.

Any idea who I would email to check if my subscription went through? (Please don't say my card company as they don't speak English and it would be impossible to talk to them.)
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:

I had an email about 2 weeks ago saying my subscription as an oversees viewer would renew (it's gone up 25 quid). Nothing about when it was due.

Got another email this morning about re-registering. I just followed the link to re-register and change my password etc. Can't see what type of subscription I have. It just says I've been a member for 3 minutes. No package details.

Any idea who I would email to check if my subscription went through? (Please don't say my card company as they don't speak English and it would be impossible to talk to them.)
    How can I check if my subscription has carried over?

Once you have re-registered on the new club website, you can check your subscriptions by visiting the ‘View Account’ section of the website. Alternatively, if you are able to access any of the videos in the ‘Full Match Replays’ dropdown menu then this means that your subscription has carried over.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/guide-using-new-look-charltontv

• Options
    The problem with the cutaways is that they are difficult. You need the resources and it probably isn't the best for the coverage on Charlton TV. That isn't a criticism, more a reality. It is very frustrating having the camera fixed on a player or manager whilst commentary is going on (because it is radio commentary too) so you know you are missing something.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Conversely there are many occasions where if you’re lucky enough to be watching, and there is also the commentary, you see something (a substitution is the most common) and the commentators don’t mention it at all.
    With five subs allowed next season the audio commentators will surely at long last tell the ‘blind’ listeners what is going on first, then add what they see as colour or opinion or analysis second.
  • Options
    The valley pass app is being replaced 
    don’t think it works anymore 
    well I couldn’t log on 
  • Options
    The valley pass app is being replaced 
    don’t think it works anymore 
    well I couldn’t log on 

• Options
    Let us hope that we can watch the Kilmarnock game in an hour without a hitch.
    I presume the technology has already been tested out, and not left to the last minute.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Game delayed til 10.15 as the Kilmarnock coach is running late.  Think they mean the bus and not the trainer 🤷🏻‍♂️😉
    Dunno... We've all been in that awkward situation where we get stuck on the toilet for ages, minutes before you need to leave for something
  • Options
    Can't they put up the screen and the build up music to reassure us that coverage will actually happen?
  • Options
    clive said:
    Cloudworm said:

How can I check if my subscription has carried over?

Once you have re-registered on the new club website, you can check your subscriptions by visiting the ‘View Account’ section of the website. Alternatively, if you are able to access any of the videos in the ‘Full Match Replays’ dropdown menu then this means that your subscription has carried over.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/guide-using-new-look-charltontv

Says nothing about it in the View Account section, but being able to watch the Full Match Replays is reassuring.
  • Options
    I like being able to watch replays. If you are going out, it is good to be able to watch as if it is live.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Game delayed til 10.15 as the Kilmarnock coach is running late.  Think they mean the bus and not the trainer 🤷🏻‍♂️😉
    Dunno... We've all been in that awkward situation where we get stuck on the toilet for ages, minutes before you need to leave for something
    Redgifs is always a fair excuse. (The tiktok of the adult world............................allegedly)
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Can't they put up the screen and the build up music to reassure us that coverage will actually happen?
    Coverage due to start at 9.40 Seth, but do you really want an extra 15 mins for the extended version of Addicks To Victory????? 🙉😂
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    TelMc32 said:
    Redgifs is always a fair excuse. (The tiktok of the adult world............................allegedly)
    NSFW if anyone is tempted to do some "research"
  • Options
    What is this match on Charlton tv at the moment under18's?
  • Options
    What is showing is at the Valley, but the Logo shows KIL 0 CHA 0
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    What is showing is at the Valley, but the Logo shows KIL 0 CHA 0
    I thought Spain looked familiar :D