Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lincoln City vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 16th October 2021 | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Purple patch or breakthrough season?!

11 in 15 this season plus 3 assists.  14GI in 15 games

(We've scored a total of 12)

16 in 50 last season plus 9 assists 25GI in 50 games.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Purple patch or breakthrough season?!

11 in 15 this season plus 3 assists.  14GI in 15 games

(We've scored a total of 12)

16 in 50 last season plus 9 assists 25GI in 50 games.

For a wide forward/winger, they’re very impressive stats aren’t they.

Good player who will probably be playing at a higher level next season.

He is Lincoln’s most dangerous player, no escaping that.
  • Options
    New ground for me 🙌🏻   

If only a lot of the other teams I’ve been to would stop dropping out the football league, I might have a chance of the 92

1-1
  • Options
    1-1 draw for me, as ever the international timing is impeccable so lose any momentum from the last win. 
  • Options
    Hat trick  for me 1-1, no idea of how it's going to happen just hope we get something. 
  • Options
    I agree with the previewed team I think that’s what we’ll see.  Can’t see Arter/Gunter/Washington starting due to internationals.  

I’d like to see Clare in the team but I think it leaves the back four a bit exposed as he’s more adventurous than just sitting in front, he would more than likely come in for Gilbey if anyone.  

I think I will lose the plot if we lose this one, although being there and many beers deep will help.  But I’ve a feeling we’ll pull it out the bag.

0-1 Stockley
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Lincoln this season like us so far, are a mediocre team, score and concede just over one a game, last five results are D L W L D, in those five games they have taken 5 points, the same number as us. Looks like a nailed on 1-1. But I reckon we will continue our very embryonic winning run and take all 3 points provided Adkins gets his tactics and selection right for the game which will be a pretty difficult one.
    I want Arter, Gilbey and Clare in midfield with both Davison and Stockley up front, Lincoln are having problems with the fitness of their central defenders so could be vulnerable there, the issue is getting a lot of accurate crosses into the box to test Lincoln out and feed our two strikers so kirk or B-Taylor (is he the right option for 90 minutes ?) out wide please Uncle Nige .. Lincoln City FC latest news - Lincolnshire Live .. we need to watch out for Scully, a right in form striker

Lincoln City 1 v CAFC 2
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Lincoln this season like us so far, are a mediocre team, score and concede just over one a game, last five results are D L W L D, in those five games they have taken 5 points, the same number as us. Looks like a nailed on 1-1. But I reckon we will continue our very embryonic winning run and take all 3 points provided Adkins gets his tactics and selection right for the game which will be a pretty difficult one.
    I want Arter, Gilbey and Clare in midfield with both Davison and Stockley up front, Lincoln are having problems with the fitness of their central defenders so could be vulnerable there, the issue is getting a lot of accurate crosses into the box to test Lincoln out and fees our two strikers so kirk or B=Taylor (is he the right option for 90 minutes ?) out wide please Uncle Nige .. Lincoln City FC latest news - Lincolnshire Live .. we need to watch out for Scully, a right in form striker

Lincoln City 1 v CAFC 2
    You want us to play one winger? Which full-back has to do the other wing then? Souare? Very lopsided. Might work, but dropping Lee feels foolish to me tbh
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I want Arter, Gilbey and Clare in midfield with both Davison and Stockley up front, Lincoln are having problems with the fitness of their central defenders so could be vulnerable there, the issue is getting a lot of accurate crosses into the box to test Lincoln out and fees our two strikers so kirk or B=Taylor (is he the right option for 90 minutes ?) out wide please Uncle Nige .. Lincoln City FC latest news - Lincolnshire Live .. we need to watch out for Scully, a right in form striker

Lincoln City 1 v CAFC 2
    You want us to play one winger? Which full-back has to do the other wing then? Souare? Very lopsided. Might work, but dropping Lee feels foolish to me tbh
    also in retrospect, I am stuck between Leko and Davison up front, for this one I'd go for Davo .. one winger ? .. Gilbey or Clare have the ability to go wide as 'auxiliary wingers' .. looking at our current squad, I can have a slight insight into Adkins' selection issues .. I'd leave out Leko and Lee as well as Jaiyasimi and one of Kirk or B-T for this one ,, with a squad this large and witha lot ot talented players we surely will start to get a lot more points on the board
  • Options
    Oh yeah and leaving out Leko too. Yeah, nah. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Oh yeah and leaving out Leko too. Yeah, nah. 
    so genius, who are your chosen few for this one ?
  • Options
    Goalie

Four defenders 

Clare Dobson 

Leko Lee CBT

Davison 

but that is just personal choice, it probably won't be Dobson, might not be Clare either 

• Options
    There's also a strong case for DJ or Kirk instead of CBT, who might be truly nightmarish for any tiring defender off the bench
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    There's also a strong case for DJ or Kirk instead of CBT, who might be truly nightmarish for any tiring defender off the bench
    so you want to start with 13 or 15, rugby this ain't  :D .. that is really my point, any starting Xl will always mean leaving out a few decent performers AND as Adkins said a while back, anyone on here can name their selection and they'll bear no resemblance to the team he will/would select
  • Options
    when picking the team there a players that go together and some players who might be better as an impact sub, for example:
    MacG - no question 
    RB: Gunter or Matthews - not much difference
    CB: at present Lavelle & Famewo
    RB Souaré with Kirk or Purrington with anyone else
    DM: Arter or Dobson
    CM: Gilbey & Lee, Clare as a sub
    L or R Mid: Kirk/DJ/Leko/BT, - perhaps BT better as a sub
    Striker: Davison for 60mins then Stockley as Davison can close down better and Stockley will be a handful for 30 and if needed good in defence for set pieces.

assume all are fit for the next game I'd go with

MacG
    Matthews, Lavelle, Famewo, Purrington
                           Arter
    DJ         Gilbey       Lee            Leko
                      Davison

subs; Hendo, Gunter or Pearce, Clare, BT, Dobson, Stockley, Washington

• Options
    Little surprised that people arent looking for CBT to start. Surely you play your in form players from the get go? 
  • Options
    My Lincoln mate said they had no keeper, i was confused so had a look and it seems Griffiths is a doubt

If he doesnt play they are left with an 18 year old making his league debut, as apparently the FA rejected them getting an emergency loan because they have Long who is now 18 and classed as a senior goalkeeper when last season he wasnt so thats why they got the emergency loan last season but not this season(thats what he reckons anyway)
  • Options
    Feeling quite confident about this one.

Normally I'd suggest bringing in Dobson for either Gilbey or Lee (probably Lee and push Gilbey forward a bit) to protect the defence a bit more against a decent attack, but in the circumstances of our season I think unchanged from Fleetwood is the way to go.
  • Options
    Little surprised that people arent looking for CBT to start. Surely you play your in form players from the get go? 
    CBT to me is an impact player and no more, he looked great coming off the bench but when he starts he struggles.

Start with Leko and Kirk and have CBT coming in for Kirk around 60/65 minutes 

DJ im sorry but shouldn't be anywhere near the team, was appalling against a Southampton youth team can understand why Adkins isnt picking him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Normally I'd suggest bringing in Dobson for either Gilbey or Lee (probably Lee and push Gilbey forward a bit) to protect the defence a bit more against a decent attack, but in the circumstances of our season I think unchanged from Fleetwood is the way to go.
    What is this notion that Gilbey offers more than Lee going forward? It's demonstrably untrue
  • Options
    Michael Appleton loves CL because he enjoys seeing pictures of himself.
    He will also check on Friday evening as the ITK CL member will name the side and like all managers, Beady eyes likes to have insider information so he can brief his player early and capitalize on the many weaknesses that Cafc have over the duration of the 90+ minutes.

Unsure what has gone on at Sparrows lane over the two weeks so can't give a scoreline but hope that players that played decent in the last League game are involved again or we will never get any momentum. 
  • Options
    We have a history of poor results when taking large away followings.
    We will have around 1400 on Saturday so am expecting a draw at best.
  • Options
    CBT to me is an impact player and no more, he looked great coming off the bench but when he starts he struggles.

Start with Leko and Kirk and have CBT coming in for Kirk around 60/65 minutes 

DJ im sorry but shouldn't be anywhere near the team, was appalling against a Southampton youth team can understand why Adkins isnt picking him
    DJ has offered considerably more threat than Kirk this season and I'd have him ahead 
  • Options
    Leuth said:

What is this notion that Gilbey offers more than Lee going forward? It's demonstrably untrue

Can you point me to where I said that?
  • Options
    Not sure who Adkins will pick for this game, especially as we play Accrington on Tuesday, so he way be thinking in advance of rotating one or two players, especially the wingers and full backs
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    DJ and CBT will obviously feature in TS and NAs plans to start when available but CK and JS are possibly going to be relegated to impact subs. We just have to hope that CMcG and L don't get injured or JJ and NA will have a problem on their hands and CL will go AWOL.
  • Options
    My Lincoln mate said they had no keeper, i was confused so had a look and it seems Griffiths is a doubt

If he doesnt play they are left with an 18 year old making his league debut, as apparently the FA rejected them getting an emergency loan because they have Long who is now 18 and classed as a senior goalkeeper when last season he wasnt so thats why they got the emergency loan last season but not this season(thats what he reckons anyway)
    They could stick a Striker in goal then and you can be safe knowing he'll put in a MOTM performance against us

This is the way!!
  • Options
    Leuth said:

You implied that Gilbey was preferable to Lee in an attacking midfield role!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

You implied that Gilbey was preferable to Lee in an attacking midfield role!
    Gilbey as the advanced midfielder does offer more defensive protection than Lee though

When you play Lee, you're affective going with 4 out and out attacking players, which can leave us a bit vulnerable to the counter attack
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!