Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lincoln City vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 16th October 2021 | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    I really hate the night before an away day up North. 
    Been doing it for about 50 years and I still can't sleep. 
    I'll be looking at the time at 3am
    4am
    5am
     And then walk the dogs and still have time to kill
    Silly old prick I am.
    I thought it was just me.
  • Options
    I really hate the night before an away day up North. 
    Been doing it for about 50 years and I still can't sleep. 
    I'll be looking at the time at 3am
    4am
    5am
     And then walk the dogs and still have time to kill
    Silly old prick I am.
    I thought it was just me.
    Probably loads of us mate. 
    Hopefully see you tomorrow. 
  • Options
    We can't expect to compete with the likes of Lincoln City. 

1.1 if we're lucky.

Which we're not. 
  • Options
    A good turnout, and a win.

1-2

Leko and Stockley.

• Options
    Good preview. But I hope you’re team selection is a bit off. Would like to see Davison extend his starting run with Stockley on the bench. Haven’t seen how long the internationals played or traveled, but either way, I’m ok with Watson coming in with Adam Matthews. Watson over Dobson for me. 

Really looking forward to this after the break. Dreamt we got hammered 3-1 last night, but I’ll go for a 1-1, with a penalty miss and a red card.
  • Options
    No idea how today will go, our only wins have come against Crewe and Fleetwood who are around us at the bottom. I just don't have any confidence in this side as to what they will do, we seem able to play well for a period and then collapse 
  • Options
    1 - 1
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Good preview mate.

Lincoln have an extremely dynamic and flexible front 3. Scully has 11 so far this season, Adelakun is unpredictable can play across the front 3, and Maguire is a good signing at this level.

I don’t want Matthews starting here as Scully will cut in on his right all the time and you’ll have runners off him. It may be something they have debriefed and worked on, but history tells us that Scully will have much joy on Saturday.

It’s a big game where we need to continue momentum from before and 3 points gets us level with Lincoln so we either are climbing the league or dragging others into our position, whatever way you want to look at it.

MacGillivray
    Gunter Lavelle Famewo Souare
    Arter Gilbey
    Leko Lee Kirk
    Stockley

Henderson, Pearce, Purrington, Clare, Blackett-Taylor, Washington, Davison

Lincoln 1-2 Charlton
    Kirk
    Lee
    Like that team and bench 
  • Options
    I can’t call this at all. Mainly because I have no idea how good or bad Lincoln are at the moment. They are certainly not last seasons force. I’d like to think we’ll see consistency in selection and tactical fluidity from Nigel. A credible result today and a home win on Tuesday will change the mood of the season. A beating today and I’m afraid the lid will come off the frustration pot once again. Hope rather than expectation. COYR. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    The music on these videos seems wrong.
    Shouldn't these players have The Laurel and Hardy theme music? Tell them they can have the music with attitude when they start playing to match.
  • Options
    edited October 2021

Charlton: MacGillivray; Gunter (c), Lavelle, Famewo, Souaré; Arter, Gilbey; Leko, Lee, Kirk; Davison

Subs: Henderson, Matthews, Pearce, Watson, Stockley, Washington, Blackett-Taylor

• Options
    I visited my grandson today and he gave me the look of victory

0:3

COYR !!!!!
  • Options
    Clare injured?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Charlton: MacGillivray; Gunter (c), Lavelle, Famewo, Souaré; Arter, Gilbey; Leko, Lee, Kirk; Davison

Subs: Henderson, Matthews, Pearce, Watson, Stockley, Washington, Blackett-Taylor

That on paper should be a team that can get something, and if it's a sign that Adkins has finally decided on a set 11 (injuries permitting) then that's a positive too. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    thenewbie said:
    RedChaser said:

That on paper should be a team that can get something, and if it's a sign that Adkins has finally decided on a set 11 (injuries permitting) then that's a positive too. 
    Agreed, don’t know who the player was with a slight knock and my only concern is not much youthful midfield energy on the bench if fresh legs  required COYRs.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    thenewbie said:
    RedChaser said:

Agreed, don’t know who the player was with a slight knock and my only concern is not much youthful midfield energy on the bench if fresh legs  required COYRs.
    Wonder if that was Sean Clare
  • Options

I have arrived! Nerves have kicked in...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Feeling very optimistic today for a change. 
    COYA
  • Options
    2-1 to us - Lincoln are having the same battle with their home form as we had last season and think tails will be up after our last two wins
  • Options
    with the exception of Kirk it’s the am I’d have picked but I can understand why Nigel feels the need to persevere with him. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    RedChaser said:
    thenewbie said:
    RedChaser said:

Wonder if that was Sean Clare
    Quite possible, think I might at least have had either Dobson or Morgan on the bench. Still let’s hope we have the game comfortably put to bed without needing to worry about fresh legs too much.
  • Options
    Is this gonna also be the match thread?
  • Options
    Not inspired by Watson on the bench, as he's not really someone you'd bring on to either to shore up your defence or if you need more energy to create a goal
  • Options
    Good to see an unchanged team, though as mentioned I’d rather see Dobson over Watson on the bench - and imagine Clare must be the player with a slight knock. 

On paper, for in my obvious biased Charlton eyes, this has to be one of the strongest squads in the league. Now we have to go out and really perform like that today.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    MrOneLung said:
    Feel free to start one off, Ross1 is unable to do it today and Oggy is normally on the case by now 🤷‍♂️.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Come on OGGY give us a answer.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!