Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Men's T20 World Cup 2021

Comments

• Options
    Whatever the rights and wrongs of what Cricket SA are doing, the effect has been white cricketers dropping out of the international game prematurely, and either playing in England via the Kolpak route (until it was stopped) or the European/British passport route, or just playing the international franchise leagues

• Options
    Interesting that Bangladesh have won the toss and chosen to BAT. Haven't they read what I've been saying?
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    As a result England's price went from 1.23 to 1.19 and Bangladesh went from 5.10 to 6.00. So, the market is not recognising the value of winning the toss but the value of batting second.
  • Options
    Adam Milne has been added to the NZ squad as replacement for Lochie Ferguson. From all the Kent fans good luck Adam. Apart from when you play us of course!
  • Options
    Great work Moeen and a credit to Morgan for giving him that second over. There's been times when England captains haven't done that. He's as much a confidence player as any I know and those two wickets will do him the power of good.
  • Options
    14-2
  • Options
    Adam Milne has been added to the NZ squad as replacement for Lochie Ferguson. From all the Kent fans good luck Adam. Apart from when you play us of course!
    It's a sign of their strength in the bowling department, that he wasn't in the original squad!
  • Options
    Great catch Rashid! Big danger man gone
  • Options
    27-3 at the end of the PP
  • Options
    That would of been a disgusting catch
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not bad for a bloke with a ruined back! 
  • Options
    As much as we've bowled well, Bangladesh really have heaped pressure on themselves at 30-3 off 7
  • Options
    Great review
  • Options
    How did he not give that on the field? A shocker!
  • Options
    Excellent work from Mills to fool the batsman!
  • Options
    Even without Stokes, with the inclusion of Moeen and Livingstone, we have to have one of if not the most well balanced side in the competition especially in these conditions
  • Options
    I'm in the minority but I don't think Stokes is a very good T20 player. Often takes far too long to get going. I think Root is so unlucky not to play 
  • Options
    I'm in the minority but I don't think Stokes is a very good T20 player. Often takes far too long to get going. I think Root is so unlucky not to play 
    I think Stokes is very good.  But that's the absolute bare minimum to get into the current England white ball side. I don't know whose omission in favour of Stokes would improve the current team.  

Conversely, I don't know which other team wouldn't have him straight in their side.  
  • Options
    Yeah perhaps saying he's not very good is harsh. But he doesn't get in the England side for me
  • Options
    Of course, the question everyone wants to know the answer to is "what number will the world's number one batsman be batting today?"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Morgan should get himself up the order today and try and get some time in the middle 
  • Options

How did he not give that on the field? A shocker!
    To give the Umpire the benefit of the doubt, it is a bit of a distraction when the batsman chooses to play a switch hit from the perspective of whether the ball has pitched outside leg stump.

The law also defines the off - and leg - side of the batsman's wicket as being "determined by the striker's stance at the moment the ball comes into play for that delivery". The ball comes into play when "the bowler starts his run up or, if he has no run up, his bowling action". This means that the definitions of leg side and off side will not change if a batsman changes his grip and reverses his stance after the bowler has begun his run-up.

In this particular case one of the batsman's legs is miles outside the stumps but the ball actually pitches in line albeit only marginally. The other aspect to add to the confusion is that you can actually see all three stumps on impact and the logical conclusion might be that the batsman has to be outside the line for that reason.

• Options
    Chizz said:
    I think Stokes is very good.  But that's the absolute bare minimum to get into the current England white ball side. I don't know whose omission in favour of Stokes would improve the current team.  

Conversely, I don't know which other team wouldn't have him straight in their side.  
    I think the rest of us have a very good idea of who he might replace. The guy that batted at 7 and didn't bowl in the last game chasing 45!
  • Options
    I'd have him but as I advocated months ago I would have had Root in on these pitches
  • Options
    Really not sure I'm a fan of these coded messages. It obviously increases our chances of winning but, to me, it just takes away that element of the captain thinking on his feet and making decisions based on what he sees going on rather than what someone analyses from the side.

Interestingly, in age group county cricket, coaches are prevented from coaching from the side of the pitch. Instructions are allowed in the drinks and lunch/tea breaks of course but not during play. Whereas we are seeing the complete opposite here so far as information being passed on is concerned.
  • Options
    Two very good reviews by England.  
  • Options
    124-9 20 overs.
    A great last over by Mills.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

I think the rest of us have a very good idea of who he might replace. The guy that batted at 7 and didn't bowl in the last game chasing 45!
    Yes, you've said at length a number of times that you're not a fan of the current world's number one ranked T20i batsman and you're perfectly entitled to a view that Stokes should play instead, despite scoring fewer runs, at a slower rate and no half centuries in his T20i career.  

I agree with @Pelling1993 though that Stokes, on balance, probably wouldn't improve the current team.  
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

Yes, you've said at length a number of times that you're not a fan of the current world's number one ranked T20i batsman and you're perfectly entitled to a view that Stokes should play instead, despite scoring fewer runs, at a slower rate and no half centuries in his T20i career.  

I agree with @Pelling1993 though that Stokes, on balance, probably wouldn't improve the current team.  
    And clearly neither is his captain which is why he shoved him down to 7. Why would he do that to the World's Number one batsman? And you do realise that Stokes bowls too so has a second discipline to his name and if we are going to have someone batting at 7 why not have someone who can bowl? And Stokes is a better fielder than Malan.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

Sealioning.