Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Men's T20 World Cup 2021

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2021
    MrOneLung said:
    Not sure if there is an IPL thread, but two new teams from next year

Look at the prices they have paid for the franchises

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59043141
    Ridiculous figures which makes it even more ridiculous that people like me question why an England player wants to sit on his backside out there

And I bet, Covid willing, Ahmedabad sells out every single one of their 132,000 seats!

Still we have something much better than that and is the envy of the hierarchy in India. It's called The Hundred.
    Straight after the United defeat by Liverpool, Avram Glazer flew to Dubai for the auction. They bid £400m for one of the franchises. And lost. The Glazers will have had better days!

The IPL, with the increase in teams and games, will now go from seven to nine weeks and impact even more on both domestic and international programmes.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Not sure if there is an IPL thread, but two new teams from next year

Look at the prices they have paid for the franchises

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59043141
    Ridiculous figures which makes it even more ridiculous that people like me question why an England player wants to sit on his backside out there

And I bet, Covid willing, Ahmedabad sells out every single one of their 132,000 seats!

Still we have something much better than that and is the envy of the hierarchy in India. It's called The Hundred.
    Straight after the United defeat by Liverpool, Avram Glazer flew to Dubai for the auction. They bid £400m for one of the franchises. And lost. The Glazers will have had better days!

The IPL, with the increase in teams and games, will now go from seven to nine weeks and impact even more on both domestic and international programmes.
    I thought the Glazers were ignorant about football, the thought of them owning a cricket franchise is laughable!
  • Options
    South Africa win the toss and elect to field against the Windies 

The one talking point is the fact that De Koch has made himself unavailable "for personal reasons"

• Options
    Hope de Kock is ok.  And I hope he confirms whether his absence is, or isn't, to do with the South Africans' decision to take the knee, so as to avoid speculation thereon. 
  • Options
    What game is Simmons playing? 13 off 28 balls compared to the 56 off 34 from Lewis
  • Options
    13 off 30 balls. So he's faced 25% already of all the overs the Windies will have (and been there for all of the PP with only two players out) and gone at 2.60 an over. Pooran is on 10 off 4 balls!
  • Options
    Malan Simmons 16 singles and 19 dots off 35 balls. He put all the pressure on the batsmen at the other end to go big every ball because of it

The good news for the Windies is that he is out now!
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Hope de Kock is ok.  And I hope he confirms whether his absence is, or isn't, to do with the South Africans' decision to take the knee, so as to avoid speculation thereon. 
    Really really awful if that is his reason. Hope it is not the case
  • Options
    What game is Simmons playing? 13 off 28 balls compared to the 56 off 34 from Lewis
    'Take it deep'
  • Options
    'Take it deep'
    There's "taking it deep" and "taking it deep". He faced almost 30% of all the balls the Windies will have at 2.74 an over
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh yeah i'm just joking, one of the worst T20i innings I've ever seen. Especially using up the entire powerplay. Should've given his wicket away for the good of the team
  • Options
    111-3

Pollard and Gayle are in with Hetmyer will to come. But both Rabada and Nortje have two of the last four overs
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Doesn't help when Rabada bowls a no ball and Pollard clumps the free hit for four
  • Options
    111-3

Pollard and Gayle are in with Hetmyer will to come. But both Rabada and Nortje have two of the last four overs
    And I forgot Russell too. Which makes Simmons' innings even more bizarre
  • Options
    Pressure was on Gayle but it is probably time for him to retire now
  • Options
    Yeah he's a hinderance now. Cost's them plenty in quick singles and 2s that he can't manage too. Andre Fletcher is a much better option for WI
  • Options

Cricket South Africa (CSA) has noted the personal decision by South African wicketkeeper Quinton de Kock not to "take the knee" ahead of Tuesday's game against the West Indies.

All players had been required, in line with a directive of the CSA Board on Monday evening, to "take the knee" in a united and consistent stance against racism. This is also the global gesture against racism that has been adopted by sportspeople across sporting codes because they recognise the power of sport to bring people together.

After considering all relevant issues, including the freedom of choice of players, the Board had made it clear it was imperative for the team to be seen taking a stand against racism, especially given SA's history. The Board's view was that while diversity can and should find expression in many facets of daily lives, this did not apply when it came to taking a stand against racism.

The Board will await a further report from team management before deciding on the next steps. All players are expected to follow this directive for the remaining games of the World Cup.

CSA thanks all other Proteas players for agreeing to unite and make such an important public stand against racism

• Options
    That is absolutely unbelievable. In all my years of watching cricket I can't ever recall seeing that before - one because you never see a man standing directly behind the standing Umpire inside the circle, two because the Umpire has to be quick enough to get out of the way and three because the fielder will only see it late and he still has to catch it
  • Options
    disgraceful, how can he possibly return to the team now? 
  • Options
    Yeah he's a hinderance now. Cost's them plenty in quick singles and 2s that he can't manage too. Andre Fletcher is a much better option for WI
    Indeed. If the Windies do end up losing there will only be one player responsible for it. On these tracks it is really hard to just come in and tee off. Teams that win these games are usually the ones that have the better PP but when one of your batsman scores 5 singles off 14 of those 36 balls it is always going to put the pressure on those coming in later
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Makes me laugh Kohli advertising MRF tyres and Indian commentators saying how well the ball pings off his bats. Like Chris Gayle, his bats are made in Sussex by Keeley. But never let the truth get in the way of a multi million pound contract!
  • Options
    The way Hendricks is batting, De Kock's absence might end up being a blessing in disguise
  • Options
    Great catch to get rid of Hendricks 
  • Options
    disgraceful, how can he possibly return to the team now? 
    Stupid decision not to take the knee; and stupid decision not to offer an explanation of any sort.  

Stupid decision by CSA not to settle the issue weeks before the start of the tournament and to get all players' agreement ahead of squad selection; and stupid decision to release a statement before determining what happens next, since that paints de Kock into a corner.  

If a player is so uninterested about representing his country that he would prefer to demonstrate his opposition to anti-racism than play in the final stages of the World Cup, then it will be a good thing if he's missing.  Permanently. 
  • Options
    Windies 15-20 runs short

Excellent innings from Hendricks and Markram. VD Dussen batted as Simmons should have. Went initially at a strike rate of 75, got Hendricks and Markram on strike during that period, was still there to increase the rate when he needed to and then finally finished the job
  • Options
    Pakistan have won the toss and no surprise that they have chosen to field
  • Options
    Bad news for NZ. Lochie Ferguson has been ruled out of the WC with a calf tear
  • Options
    Anyone on here fancy facing Shaheen Afridi?
  • Options
    Bad news for NZ. Lochie Ferguson has been ruled out of the WC with a calf tear
    I hope he takes his time out to shave and return to his magnificent moustache