Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Men's T20 World Cup 2021

Comments

• Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    I'm in the minority but I don't think Stokes is a very good T20 player. Often takes far too long to get going. I think Root is so unlucky not to play 
    I think Stokes is very good.  But that's the absolute bare minimum to get into the current England white ball side. I don't know whose omission in favour of Stokes would improve the current team.  

Conversely, I don't know which other team wouldn't have him straight in their side.  
    I think the rest of us have a very good idea of who he might replace. The guy that batted at 7 and didn't bowl in the last game chasing 45!
    Yes, you've said at length a number of times that you're not a fan of the current world's number one ranked T20i batsman and you're perfectly entitled to a view that Stokes should play instead, despite scoring fewer runs, at a slower rate and no half centuries in his T20i career.  

I agree with @Pelling1993 though that Stokes, on balance, probably wouldn't improve the current team.  
    And clearly neither is his captain which is why he shoved him down to 7. Why would he do that to the World's Number one batsman? And you do realise that Stokes bowls too so has a second discipline to his name and if we are going to have someone batting at 7 why not have someone who can bowl? And Stokes is a better fielder than Malan.
    It's all about opinions. Mine is that Morgan is right to continue picking Malan. I respect that you have a differing opinion. 
  • Options
    Archer's injury a blessing in disguise? Mills may not have even been in the squad if he was fit. 
  • Options
    No doubt in my mind that Stokes and Root get in our side if available. But I think the decision was made earlier in this "cycle" that both would be focusing on the other formats. Likely that decision was made on the basis that we have the most depth in the T20 side and its neither of their strongest formats.
  • Options
    As they say on commentary, really don't get why the noise of Roy hitting the pad didn't register?
  • Options
    Fizz needs to learn the Laws of the Game. That's twice now he's been adamant that Roy is out LBW and twice it's pitched miles outside leg. If he does it a third time the Umpires should make him use up a review!
  • Options
    Great effort from Naim to catch that
  • Options
    The world's greatest T20 batsman making it look easy!!! 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    I'm in the minority but I don't think Stokes is a very good T20 player. Often takes far too long to get going. I think Root is so unlucky not to play 
    I think Stokes is very good.  But that's the absolute bare minimum to get into the current England white ball side. I don't know whose omission in favour of Stokes would improve the current team.  

Conversely, I don't know which other team wouldn't have him straight in their side.  
    I think the rest of us have a very good idea of who he might replace. The guy that batted at 7 and didn't bowl in the last game chasing 45!
    Did Malan snub your request for an autograph or something? Don't miss a chance to have a dig at him often do you!
    I don't what gives you that idea!
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Did Malan snub your request for an autograph or something? Don't miss a chance to have a dig at him often do you!
    In fairness I agree with you about the weekend, moving him to 7 was slightly odd. However, to me it just shows that Morgan wanted to get the big hitters in and win the game quickly. Today with a slightly trickier target he trusts him to be the main man. In this competition where scores of 180+ are going to be rare, a batsman scoring 40 off 35 is going to be absolutely fine. Malan will allow the Roys, Buttlers and Bairstows to come in and play their natural game. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    The world's greatest T20 batsman making it look easy!!! 

Ideal situation for him. Poor bowling attack, no target to chase, no desire to enhance our net run rate and the guy at the other end scoring at 153.33. A nice little * will keep him firmly in that number one position.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

In fairness I agree with you about the weekend, moving him to 7 was slightly odd. However, to me it just shows that Morgan wanted to get the big hitters in and win the game quickly. Today with a slightly trickier target he trusts him to be the main man. In this competition where scores of 180+ are going to be rare, a batsman scoring 40 off 35 is going to be absolutely fine. Malan will allow the Roys, Buttlers and Bairstows to come in and play their natural game. 
    The issue comes if and when he gets in early in the PP. That is where the tight games are being won and you can't afford someone to get 9 in 18 balls in that period. For that reason it will be interesting to see if we promote say Moeen in that situation
  • Options
    God that was ugly
  • Options
    Chizz said:

The issue comes if and when he gets in early in the PP. That is where the tight games are being won and you can't afford someone to get 9 in 18 balls in that period. For that reason it will be interesting to see if we promote say Moeen in that situation
    No not 9 off 18 admittedly, but 13/14 would be fine if we're only chasing 140 odd. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:

No not 9 off 18 admittedly, but 13/14 would be fine if we're only chasing 140 odd. 
    But possibly not if we have to bat first
  • Options
    Chizz said:

But possibly not if we have to bat first
    For me it all comes down to if others around him find form. If he's batting with Roy in his form today, it doesn't matter. If others around him are hitting boundaries then his inclusion seems sensible. If they are out for 10 off 6 then he'll get criticised for increasing pressure on them. 
  • Options
    Interesting that Bangladesh have won the toss and chosen to BAT. Haven't they read what I've been saying?
    They probably wish they had now. A really limp performance from them and a thoroughly professional one from us
  • Options
    Really not sure I'm a fan of these coded messages. It obviously increases our chances of winning but, to me, it just takes away that element of the captain thinking on his feet and making decisions based on what he sees going on rather than what someone analyses from the side.

Interestingly, in age group county cricket, coaches are prevented from coaching from the side of the pitch. Instructions are allowed in the drinks and lunch/tea breaks of course but not during play. Whereas we are seeing the complete opposite here so far as information being passed on is concerned.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Namibia have won the toss and have chosen to bowl first. Scotland are favourites and before the toss were 1.71 and after 1.86 whereas Namibia went the other way from 2.40 in to 2.14. In percentage terms and just based on the toss of a coin that is massive but the market merely reflects what has gone on before

Wealth warning - past results based on teams bating second are only a guide to the future!
  • Options
    Have tickets for our game v the Aussies on Saturday. 2 very solid performances so far (basically 2 warm up games) but things get a lot tougher from here on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have tickets for our game v the Aussies on Saturday. 2 very solid performances so far (basically 2 warm up games) but things get a lot tougher from here on.
    Enjoy. All things being well my lad will be at the Adelaide Test in the middle of December. Think you might have more chance of seeing us win than he will.
  • Options
    Captain Kyle Coetzer is out of the Scotland team though he hasn't been in great form anyway
  • Options
    Have to say Namibia's national anthem is a real belter. Flower of Scotland on the other hand is a bit of a dirge in my opinion.  
  • Options
    Not the greatest of starts - their best bat, Munsey, chops on first ball. Namibia now favourites at 1.70 from the pre toss 2.40.

The two former Bexley CC boys, MacLeod and Cross are in together
  • Options
    Oh dear 

2-2 MacLeod caught behind
  • Options
    2 wickets down.
    Still in the 1st over 
  • Options
    Blimey 2-3 

but the LBW is being reviewd
  • Options
    Make that 3
  • Options
    And it is confirmed. An absolute disastrous start for Scotland. Trumpleman has 3-2 and he hasn't conceded a run off the bat yet!
  • Options
    Scotland 62-13 in the last two matches