Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are We Getting Relegated?

Comments

• Options
    Won 7 lost 4 and drew 3 since he has picked the team in the League. That is top 8 form or do you disagree ?

As I said if our spine goes down we will struggle but Inniss/Dobson/ Gilbey/Stockley/Aneke with Washington more central will see as rise up the table to finish 8th to 10th. Unfortunately they will get more knocks and we will continue to win lose and draw in equal measure.

You don't like the word but we are in transition(again!) and we don't need 4 wingers we need wing backs and always two up front in this division.
    Yes but it's happened twice in the last 18 months, if it happens a 3rd time we will be relegated.  If this blip remains just a blip we won't be.

7 of the last 9 teams promoted out of this divsion played, predominantly 1 or 3 (depending on your point of view) up front.  The only 1 with a 2 was us!
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Yeah it is, but that's just looking at stats and not actual performances. Personally don't think there's any point looking at his overall record, but look at our most recent run, because we are so far away from the side we were when he first took over. I have only missed one match since JJ took over as caretaker, and I can confidently say there is nothing being shown that would suggest we're finishing top 8.
  • Options
    That is a massive, massive 3 points.

16 points from 18 games now needed. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Massive performance too, we desperately needed a proper away performance
  • Options
    8 point cushion after tonight's excellent win. Let's hope we can maintain or improve it.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Massive performance too, we desperately needed a proper away performance
    I think if we had only got a point from that performance it would have been a right body blow. 

I was almost braced for a last minute equaliser, Stockley out for the season, Innis out for months, Burstow not coming back and an Aneke red card. 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    8 point cushion after tonight's excellent win. Let's hope we can maintain or improve it.
    9 if you include our much better GD.

Dont think we will go down or be involved in a proper relegation scrap. Looks like there might only be 1 place up for grabs anyway so I think we'll be safe by mid March. 
  • Options
    After tonight we won’t go down. 
    Sky were talking about us getting into the playoffs!
  • Options
    In the same breath saying that Pompeys play off hopes are all but over,even though they are above us😂Sky are wank.
  • Options
    Great win last night, but need to follow it up against Wimbledon. Hopefully, be 10 points clear on a Sunday and we can close this thread down. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We won't go down, we'd have to be absolutely terrible for the next 3 months which isn't going to happen. 
  • Options
    Not if we keep playing like we did last night. Need another 4 or 5 wins just to make sure.
  • Options
    In the same breath saying that Pompeys play off hopes are all but over,even though they are above us😂Sky are wank.
    I thought that was odd that they said that!
  • Options
    Well, Sky have to sell a product that they aired live on TV. It's simple and lazy questioning to focus on the playoffs. 
  • Options
    If Jackson's points per game ratio stays around its current figure, we will get 65 points. I'm guessing that will mean a top half finish....just
  • Options
    we are still in a battle to avoid relegation. 8 points not much of a cushion.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    we are still in a battle to avoid relegation. 8 points not much of a cushion.
    7 teams will all have to catch us. 8 points plus a much better goal difference.

wimbledon are playing Cheltenham tonight. At least one of those teams will be dropping points.

we are not in a relegation battle and I'll put my neck on the block here and say that we are not getting relegated.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    8 wins 4 losses 3 draws since JJ picked the team in the league.= 26 points from 15 games
    He took over in 22nd place. 

Adkins record:
    2 wins 9 Losses 3 Draws= 9 points from 14 games.

Our last 3 League games DWW.

The spine of the team stays fit and 8th to 10th is possible. We lose Dobson, Inniss, Aneke and Stockley at the same time plus Fraser takes time to be fit and the play maker then we are looking at 18th or 19th.

• Options
    No
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Today's win makes us virtually safe. If we had lost to the Wombles the 6 point swing might have made things a bit tense, with 2 tough away games coming up, but now we have a massive cushion and can think about looking upwards
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    No realistically we need 12 points from 17 games. 

The 6 points this week were massive in the sense we don't need to look over our shoulder any more.  2 or less points would have been very different. 
  • Options
    Getting to be a genuine possibility again.
  • Options
    Jackson should go before the unthinkable happens, so far out of his depth here.
  • Options
    Us picking up points in the next two games would be a welcome surprise, but don't see it at the moment. After that we have Gills, Burton and AFCW coming up, these will be  very big games...
  • Options
    I don't think we'll get relegated. 

I do think we'll run it far closer than we should and Jackson should be allowed to see out the year and then moved on. 
  • Options
    We're crap but expect to stay up.
  • Options
    I don't think we'll get relegated. 

I do think we'll run it far closer than we should and Jackson should be allowed to see out the year and then moved on. 
    Agree….JJ picks the team and needs to motivate the players for the game which is clearly not happening so needs to go….maybe now 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    We are lucky that Ipswich equalised at Morecambe although we could have done without the Gills winning at Lincoln. 

We need to win against them both at the Valley and beat Donny away.