Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are We Getting Relegated?

Comments

• Options
    I don't think we will go down but If staying up in league one is viewed as a success it speaks volumes as to how poor we are.
    I don’t think I’ve heard anyone associated with Charlton, either as a fan, or in a professional capacity, say that staying up would be a success. 
  • Options
    I’ve moved from definitely not to probably not 
  • Options
    I don't think we will go down but If staying up in league one is viewed as a success it speaks volumes as to how poor we are.
    I don’t think I’ve heard anyone associated with Charlton, either as a fan, or in a professional capacity, say that staying up would be a success. 
    When JJ replaced Adkins we were in a relegation spot.
    Plenty then said he would do well to keep us up.
  • Options
    He will be doing well to keep us up, if he got the elbow now, we’d 100% get relegated.

He needs to play a formation that suits the players he’s got fit, surely they can’t be they dumb that they can’t take it in, can they?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    se9addick said:
    I’ve moved from definitely not to probably not 
    Come join me at hopefully not.
  • Options

Tough run of games.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    We lost to Crewe who went on to lose 6 on the trot. Anything is possible. Apart from playoffs of course. 
  • Options
    But no one said ‘staying up in league one’ would be judged as a success. I think pretty much everyone is in agreement that anything outside the top 6 is poor, and anything outside the top 10 should be viewed as an abject failure. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very simple NO
  • Options
    edited February 2022

Tough run of games.
    What a sad indictment of where we are when we have to perceive games against Accrington, Gillingham, Burton, and Wimbledon as a tough run of games, we have really sunk to new depths lately and will be lucky to escape this season on recent performances..but I still cling onto as many straws as i can that we will 🤞
  • Options
    He will be doing well to keep us up, if he got the elbow now, we’d 100% get relegated.

He needs to play a formation that suits the players he’s got fit, surely they can’t be they dumb that they can’t take it in, can they?
    Lol, what?
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Sounds like Jackson's lost the dressing room.

For one reason or another, it evidently sounds like the incredibly sensitive dressing room have once again United themselves and have all mutually decide to just give up....again.

The dressing room and training ground obviously has a bad negative atmosphere and it has a lack of energy. They don't know how to pick THEMSELVES up. Do they always constantly rely on a manager? To do and say exactly what is required.
    At least find a middle ground.

They don't play for the shirt. They play for  the money making contract agreement and probably have an agent sleeping in a spare room.

I hope Jackson doesn't give up and or doesn't get sacked.

How many more times is this dreadful form binge going to happen?
    Where are you getting that from? I don't get any sense at all that the manager has lost the dressing room 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Not worried at all. Probably need a minimum of 10 points. Plenty of mid table teams to play between now and end of the season.
  • Options
    There was a piece by Klopp referring back to when he never had one fit centre back and they lost six consecutive home games.
    He said you do not have solutions because you do not have the players so the problem was to keep the others confident.
    Hopefully JJ has been able to do that and then please can we have a couple of strikers back!
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    There was a piece by Klopp referring back to when he never had one fit centre back and they lost six consecutive home games.
    He said you do not have solutions because you do not have the players so the problem was to keep the others confident.
    Hopefully JJ has been able to do that and then please can we have a couple of strikers back!
    No doubt some truth in that. As fans we know Burstow isn’t ready to be starting every week and neither Lee or Leko are strikers. The players will know too and many know they’ll be leaving in the summer.

Just hope we get Fraser and our strikers back, keep them fit and it’s enough to stay up.
  • Options
    We should have a manager pool (a bit like Roly's player pool) and change every 10 games - promotion awaits.
  • Options
    Rochdale went down on 47 points last season.

Season before that N/A as not finished.

Season before that Plymouth went down on goal average on 50 points. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we do get relegated it will be because we deserve to. Injuries are part and parcel of the game. We’ve basically been shit all season and the table doesn’t ever lie. Who will I blame ? Well I’ll start with Duchatelet but after that I’m looking directly at Adkins, Jackson and Gallen. Those three should have been able to do better. Thomas isn’t without blame but he’s spent money and those he trusted to spend it have had a mare. Im not expecting anything worth salvaging from the remainder of the season although I expect Stockley, Aneke and Washington to keep us up. Come the summer I’d clear the lot out and start again. 
  • Options
    I would like to think we are at least good enough to stay up. We have just had five very tough games at the best of times, with a team missing key players. I am (fairly, but not entirely) confident that with key players returning and the games still to come against lower placed teams, that we should be able to get enough points to survive. 

Jackson needs to smarten up fairly quickly though and stop picking certain players who have been awful recently (Gilbey, Leko and Matthews step forward please)! He also needs to learn some new tactics and develop more than just a plan A - come on, even Boris managed a plan B!
  • Options

I’d settle for 7 points from that lot 
  • Options
    Top line, we’ll be okay.  Of the 12 games left, I think we’ll muster what we need to do it, but it’s still going to be touch and go.  I think Sunderland will beat us next week, which will mean 6 defeats on the spin, then Accrington will also be tough.  Getting Stockley, Aneke and Fraser back will make a difference, and that’s going to get us the points we need (hopefully), but even with them in, we’re still a pretty poor team - don’t go thinking all is good again if we get a few wins over Burton & Shrewsbury for example 
  • Options
    Indeed. However, one has to deal with what is rather than what we would like.

We were in the bottom 4, ie 'relegated,' when Adkins left so anything better than that is 'improvement' not success. 

Awful as it is I'd take 20th now. I don't want to be relegated into league 2 ie the 4th tier. Somewhere we've never been.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

We were in the bottom 4, ie 'relegated,' when Adkins left so anything better than that is 'improvement' not success. 

Awful as it is I'd take 20th now. I don't want to be relegated into league 2 ie the 4th tier. Somewhere we've never been.
    Give Thomas time and the 4th tier will become possible 
  • Options
    Some have very short memories. I've got, and have always had, you.

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/92569/wot-no-charlton-relegation-thread
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Nobody, and I'm talking about the media as well, at the time of Adkins seriously thought we would go down though, indeed more comments were about how it might impact our promotion chances.

"Slow starting Charlton fall further behind their promotion rivals"

The consensus was that it was the classic fancied club starting slowly, but that we would turn it around like Blackpool and Oxford did last season, and Bolton in L2.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Nobody, and I'm talking about the media as well, at the time of Adkins seriously thought we would go down though, indeed more comments were about how it might impact our promotion chances.

"Slow starting Charlton fall further behind their promotion rivals"

The consensus was that it was the classic fancied club starting slowly, but that we would turn it around like Blackpool and Oxford did last season, and Bolton in L2.
    If you compare Adkins last 10 games and Jackson's last 10 games I actually think there were more positives in the former. I think there is 2 points difference?

There were "reasons" injury, illness etc etc for both.  The most confusing bit was the 10 games in the middle. 
  • Options
    Some have very short memories. I've got, and have always had, you.

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/92569/wot-no-charlton-relegation-thread
    You're dead to me now  ;)